I'm a long time Android user but am really sold on the Passport! I have Metro PCS and from what I understand they don't even support BlackBerry. Can I get an unlocked model and would they support it? Another problem I have is the PRICE. I know this is the best BlackBerry out there but forking over $400-$500 or more is a little much for me. I wish there was a pay plan for getting this phone otherwise it's plan B which is to save up the whole amount :/

Any suggestions? I'd really really like to get back on board with BlackBerry especially after viewing the enthusiasm on this forum!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-30-15 06:15 PM
    How does MetroPCS support your current phone?

The Passport works on regular data plan, so it should be fine. Your thread title should ask if anyone has a Passport on MetroPCS... that way, someone might really know if it works and comment here.

As for the payments, I bought my Passport on the ShopBlackBerry six month plan using PayPal credit.
    05-30-15 06:30 PM
    Isn't MetroPCS just T-Mobile now? Their legacy CDMA service is being retired. So providing you're in their GSM covered area, a Passport would work fine... just as it does on T-Mobile. Can't help you on price though, is what it is unless you go buy with a CC or use the PayPal credit Denise mentioned.
    05-30-15 06:41 PM
    Sorry for any confusion guys and thank you for the answers! Currently I use a metro branded Galaxy Light and obviously it's fine. I was going to go for an old T-Mobile 9900 but was told that the 9900 wouldn't work on metro. So now I'm gonna look into the Passport! I'll have to check out the payment deal on PayPal! Thank you, I didn't know about that option!

05-30-15 06:49 PM
    T-Mobile US (NYSE:TMUS) plans to shut off the legacy CDMA network of its MetroPCS prepaid brand on June 21, earlier than expected. The carrier still needs to shut down the CDMA network in three major markets.
    T-Mobile to shut down legacy MetroPCS CDMA network on June 21 - FierceWireless
    05-30-15 06:51 PM
    The six month payment plan is through ShopBlackBerry. I think Amazon also has a payment option, but I have never used it.
    05-30-15 06:52 PM
    So in other words the 9900 wouldn't work right? Even if its gsm?

05-30-15 07:56 PM
    I'm not sure about how the 9900 would work.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    05-30-15 08:20 PM
    Metropcs does not currently support blackberry. Tried to activate my z10 on their network months ago and wasted $10. I have their responses on twitter for proof if needed.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 08:33 PM
    05-30-15 08:41 PM
    Tell them it's an Android phone and then give them the IMEI. It should work.
    05-30-15 09:11 PM
    So in other words the 9900 wouldn't work right? Even if its gsm?

Old BlackBerry devices (running BBM instead of BB10) would not work because they need BIS instead of regular data service like BlackBerry 10 devices. Therefore, a 9900 would not work.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-30-15 09:33 PM
    That's really a shame on a metro's part guess I have to go with a bb10 device. Might go for a cheaper one than the passport.

05-30-15 10:55 PM
    Is that an option if I wanted to use a 9900 on metro? Just tell them it's an Android?

05-30-15 10:56 PM
    Is that an option if I wanted to use a 9900 on metro? Just tell them it's an Android?

No. The older devices need BIS data. BB10 devices use regular data plan.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    05-30-15 11:22 PM
    Will a Passport work on MetroPCS?-img_20150531_010455.png

Here are the tweets.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 12:05 AM
    I'm a long time Android user but am really sold on the Passport! I have Metro PCS and from what I understand they don't even support BlackBerry. Can I get an unlocked model and would they support it? Another problem I have is the PRICE. I know this is the best BlackBerry out there but forking over $400-$500 or more is a little much for me. I wish there was a pay plan for getting this phone otherwise it's plan B which is to save up the whole amount :/

Any suggestions? I'd really really like to get back on board with BlackBerry especially after viewing the enthusiasm on this forum!

I don't know what your phone situation is like, but tmobile is running a sale that has two lines with unlimited data for only 100.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 12:36 AM
    I don't know what your phone situation is like, but tmobile is running a sale that has two lines with unlimited data for only 100.

Posted via CB10
    T-Mobile wants WAY too much of a deposit up front even on older Android phones. I have to stick with metro for now.

05-31-15 12:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    If I could go with that cheap plan with T-Mobile and they didn't have a huge deposit I would definitely snag a Classic

05-31-15 01:34 AM
    All you need to do is not tell MetroPCS that you have a BlackBerry. Tell them that you have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S III.

http://forums.crackberry.com/other-u...s-bb10-951555/

11-10-2014, 05:18 AM
    I'm in South Florida metroPCS:
    Okay I Order the "3 Type SIM Cards" packaging online tonight at 11-10-2014MON.2:48AM (metroPCS) and just enter the info as (SAMSUNG GALAXY S III), then next screen ask for my (ESN)IMEI/(MEID)#, I used my BlackBerry Z10(STL100-3) IMEI# 15-Digits ... It Check out "GOOD" !!! Then it asked for my Cell Number and Address Shipping info - Then Paid for my order with DEBIT/Credit Card. So Now I gota wait.

**UPDATE** Since 11-13-2014 THR.2:50AM EST.
    When I got the microSIM card I just called metroPCS on another telephone Land line, then gave them my info cause I am a existing current customer. The agent asked if I have ANDROID - I said yes, I did not tell them its a BLACKBERRY Z10....BUT I DID SAY ITS UNLOCKED ANDROID....So she asked for my for my handset IMEI# 15-Digits, then asked for my microSIM # 20-Digits>>Then she said to insert..and Boot up..I also asked to Upgrade my Old "NOV 2010 BlackBerry 8530 / BlackBerry TAX Inclusive $50Plan" to the **NEW $60 BYODANDROID ULTD TALK TXT DATA and Plus I added $5 Value Bundle** total $65 per month ! ... IF YOUR A EXISTING CUSTOMER MAYBE A 1 TIME PRORATE OF $10 first month plan for one of the add on feature to my plans...then its $65 per month for me after ~
    My BlackBerry Z10(STL100-3), WORKS GREAT, ! I CAN SEE ON MY CELL NETWORK saying metroPCS.
    Also when you insert the microSIM Card it looks like the Card will load few setting and software stuff into the BBZ10 cause now it boots up everytime T-Mobile branding Screen.
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-03-15 at 03:47 PM.
    05-31-15 09:24 AM
    I switched to Cricket from MetroPCS a few months back but I did use my Passport flawlessly on their network. When I registered it online I did it under BYOD Android.
    05-31-15 10:10 AM
    Both of you back off the personal stuff before I apply an enforced cooling off period.

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    BigBadWulf and pkcable like this.
    05-31-15 05:49 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150531_010455.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	355286

Here are the tweets.

Posted via CB10
    That is some hate indeed
    I hated going into metro and not seeing a huge selection to choose from. Don't get me wrong I like Android but there are ZERO options for BlackBerry and from what I read on here there seems to be a lot of discrimination from carriers and their employees. I wonder why that is...

06-01-15 01:02 AM
    That is some hate indeed
    I hated going into metro and not seeing a huge selection to choose from. Don't get me wrong I like Android but there are ZERO options for BlackBerry and from what I read on here there seems to be a lot of discrimination from carriers and their employees. I wonder why that is...

I tried to fight them and told them it's an unlocked GSM phone and that their should be no problems but they didn't budge. I got a better deal from tmobile which is their parent company anyway.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 01:06 PM
    METRO PSC does NOT support the Passport. They probably could, but it is not on their supported BYOD list. When they put the IMEI into their system, it gets flagged.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 04:38 PM
28 12