Well, I am aware this is one of many posts for should-I-buy-a-passport-in-2017. However, I still think a new thread is the best way to expose my case.
    I own an iPhone SE right now. Reasons to think about Passport?

Keyboard: I am so done with writing/erasing/writing/erasing on screen keyboards. Need to look elsewhere.
    Procrastination: Heavy procrastinator here. Social media apps and alike need to get out of my palm.
    $$$: I want to hop off the mainstream phone buying trend. Every new iPhone makes me ask myself whether I should buy it (or not). I don't need to do this.
    Reviews: Well, as opposed to sales numbers, reviews look extremely positive.
    Experience: Never ran BB10, and I am ready to give it a try.

Now, Achilles' heel.
    Apps that I must have:

Whatsapp
    Telegram
    Google Maps
    PDF Reader, Docs Reader, Excel Reader

Apps I'd like to have:

Todoist
    Spotify
    Reddit
    Twitter

Although not being lucky with BB app world, can I rely on Android apk's?
    Amazon app store is available, right? What can I find there?

What about the internet speed? Wifi and 4G work good? GPS? Is browser laggy as I have been reading? (This can be a deal breaker)

Thanks in advance to all passport holders.
    09-29-17 11:00 PM
    Well, I am aware this is one of many posts for should-I-buy-a-passport-in-2017. However, I still think a new thread is the best way to expose my case.
    I own an iPhone SE right now. Reasons to think about Passport?

Keyboard: I am so done with writing/erasing/writing/erasing on screen keyboards. Need to look elsewhere.
    Procrastination: Heavy procrastinator here. Social media apps and alike need to get out of my palm.
    $$$: I want to hop off the mainstream phone buying trend. Every new iPhone makes me ask myself whether I should buy it (or not). I don't need to do this.
    Reviews: Well, as opposed to sales numbers, reviews look extremely positive.
    Experience: Never ran BB10, and I am ready to give it a try.

Now, Achilles' heel.
    Apps that I must have:

Whatsapp
    Telegram
    Google Maps
    PDF Reader, Docs Reader, Excel Reader

Apps I'd like to have:

Todoist
    Spotify
    Reddit
    Twitter

Although not being lucky with BB app world, can I rely on Android apk's?
    Amazon app store is available, right? What can I find there?

What about the internet speed? Wifi and 4G work good? GPS? Is browser laggy as I have been reading? (This can be a deal breaker)

Thanks in advance to all passport holders.
    Amazon appstore is not bad, OneNote, Bing and spotify are their I am not having problems with those. TextNow Ill always grab that one. Dropbox, Amazon Drive. I wouldnt update until you get your apps first. You download them and wait for the prompt to install, then swipe up, go into folder device/misc/android/Android/data/com.amazon.venezia/files/apks/ the apk with hash will be there if you DID NOT install it yet, I like to zip a copy out. Evernote, Box, and a few others not coming to mind are no longer displaying for me. I solved it by changing my account but that was months ago and Ive not been able to repeat. Underground is a waste of time if you are in Canada.
    Because the browser is like mozilla, it makes for a good reader with tts. Blackberry ID lets you use docs to go which is great for anyone who uses it regularily otherwise it might just seem like a waste of space
    Box is still working native you can collaborate with it and obtain a document mailing address for a folder.
    Wifi speed can be at 200 Mbps it has AC, was not common on its release use the IPV6 and if you wander from hotspot to hotspot interaccess point should help I think unless that was an organizational thing but I dont think so. Airplane mode is good for that too, you do not broadcast your signal bul can browse and receive notifications its good for the battery. Passkeep and Private Browser when you can. Smart tags is... nobody knows how good that is I wont get started with that one.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 09-30-17 at 06:11 AM.
    09-30-17 05:59 AM
    I never had trouble using Passport for most sometimes using web interface (some banking) or alternate apps (like whatsap10) but switched to BlackBerry android with some good and some bad feelings. I miss the Passport...
    09-30-17 06:42 AM
    Take note that WhatsApp for BB10 will stop working by end of 2017.
    09-30-17 08:58 AM
    if you need whatsapp then i say do not get a BB10 device. Save yourself the headache, its not worth it
    09-30-17 09:01 AM
    Whatsapp has been on death row for some time, with a few time extensions; while I would get an iOS or Android to keep in touch, I would use whatsapp less since I hate typing on displays. I never got Telegram to work well, and hacking it might defeat its purpose. I never got Google maps to work, others might have. The one app I miss is Uber, but at some point the web site started working well, but it doesn't inspire confidence. With the violent earthquakes in Mexico I resurrected my Nexus 4 just to have earthquake apps, it works for that but all those non related notifications are very annoying (of course they can be disabled). So on planet earth the perfect mobile device still doesn't exist: the security and polish of iOS, the freedom of Android and a goddamn physical keyboard like the Passport's...

Oh crap, dropbox is down on bb10... That's a major annoyance for me, use it all the time.
    Last edited by S1lv1o; 09-30-17 at 09:59 AM.
    09-30-17 09:48 AM
    I just got my black passport 2 days ago first time ever using blackberry let me tell you its the best decision ever. If you're dependent on a ton of different Google apps it's not for you but everything that you need for productivity is on the passport ready so you will not waste time on social media I was like you procrastinating and now I don't.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-17 05:01 PM