Will Blackberry's Passport succeed? Who knows? I certainly don't. Somewhere else in Crackberry I wrote about my experience with the AT&T Passport. Less than ideal. I currently use an iPhone 6plus and Samsung Note Edge. Arguably the two most advanced, feature laiden, most expensive devices AT&T currently offers.
    The Passport offers several advantages to either. Flip over to start. On screen notifications. On screen notification access. The Hub. Battery life. Call quality and loudness. Speaker sound quality and loudness. Keyboard and typing accuracy. Strictly subjectable, I found the camera color reproduction to be more true to realistic although not as snappy. IMO the Passport was more pocketable and easier to handle, especially the iPhone's metal casing.
    So why don't I own the Passport any more. I still might. The dismissal of the Passport was two fold. I had three, all of which had issues. One cosmetic, two hardware. The other was support from AT&T. AT&T stores didn't carry the Passport. A lot of misinformation online concerning orders and what actually happened. The most common statement was " Blackberry is almost nonexistent. Blackberrys are only for business and government employees."
    The point here is that the industry is an iSung store. I get that the money is with the two big guys. And they have superb devices. But what if you don't want what they offer? Maybe you actually want a flagship, heaven forbid, SMALL phone. The Sony Z3 compact may be your choice. The Passport was mine. Verizon and AT&T are the heavy weight carriers in the US. They offer plans that entice consumers to purchase devices people might not other wise purchase. Without that support it's difficult.
    In the end I just need something that works fairly hassle free. For myself and I would think for a great many other consumers, that means walking into a local place of business to help purchase, activate and help with any issues that may arise.
    I just might trade in the iPhone and give AT&T and the Passport one more try. I truly hope that Blackberry succeeds. Choice is good. But when the incentives for selling and supporting other brands is so bias it's going to be difficult. And that's really a shame. Because in many respects the Blackberry Passport is really that much better.
    04-08-15 05:45 PM
    You can't be married! All those choices and you can't make up your mind :-)

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.1.2576
    04-08-15 05:52 PM
    I believe it's a long term play. It's up to BlackBerry to keep it up to date and maintain it alive in the portfolio.

Then people will be able to learn and adapt.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 05:52 PM
    Very well put and I agree completely. I am on VZW, I went into an AT&T store an though they knew of the PP, it was in fact a Classic. Didn't know there were two models out. Really no help or offer to. I think Bb needs a better market approach, maybe a few stores ( digital river needs to go) and something of a better partnership with providers. All in all they have done a better job under the current leadership, but support for providers would go a long way.
    04-08-15 05:59 PM
    There are no words on how good the Passport is performing in terms of sales. Also keep in mind while the US is a huge, maybe even the largest market out there, it is not the only one and different markets play by different rules and shouldn't be underestimated.
    Despite all the sales discussions, the Passport got BlackBerry back into talk of people IMHO. While the Classic received surprisingly well reviews across the board, it is just another BlackBerry. The Passport on the other hand came with a new formfactor, modern hardware and new ideas. It still turns people's heads when they see it and you often hear people are surprised this in fact is a BlackBerry.

Personally I kind of see the Passport as BlackBerrys counterpart to Nokias Lumia 1020: Maybe rather a niche device, but it leaves people impressed and get the brand back into peoples heads with fresh impressions.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 07:28 PM
    If you can't spell check, then we won't bother reading this thread.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 07:36 PM
    I have two Passports and Z30, all three from Shop BlackBerry or Amazon, and not supported by my carrier, T-Mobile.

You have to accept the fact that these days, you have to go out of your way to get a BlackBerry. Is it worth it to you? Only you know the answer to that. For me it is. I don't mind paying full retail from Amazon or Shop BlackBerry in order to get what I want. I have two lines on my account, one is for my Passports/Z30, the other is for my mom, who just upgraded from her T-Mobile Q10 to a Classic she paid full retail for on Amazon.

The support is there from Amazon and Shop BlackBerry, though from Shop BlackBerry the support is annoying, and of course it is easier to call 611 and talk to your carrier. But I don't let the negatives outweigh the positives of owning a BlackBerry. It's my worst fear that one day I will have to use a Samsung or iPhone because BlackBerry doesn't offer phones anymore. But for now, I will have to take the couple extra steps to get the devices I want.
    04-08-15 07:40 PM
    I feel that the Passport is succeeding in its own right. I feel that Blackberry is going through the same phase as that of Windows where when you go into a cellular store the associates would only push Android or iPhone. I like Windows phone and how they are changing their image as we speak and I am sure that blackberry would be able to do that same transition as well. It will just take time such as that of Microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 10:02 PM
    BlackBerry reached their popularity but failed to stay on it. This is the thing that BlackBerry should be analysing for i.e. why they lost it?

BlackBerry Passport is more than 6 months (pls someone correct me if I'm wrong), but this time, they should know if Passport succeeded or not. If they don't have any clue, considered that as one of the factors (reasons) for not staying on top.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 10:24 PM