We here in the USA are still anxiously awaiting the Passport from AT&T. Yes, it is available through ShopBB, Amazon, and one other. But most people here buy on contract. The average person cannot fork over $600 for a device. Devices that advertise are the one's that sell. Those that promote are the ones that sell. Just look at Samsung and Apple. So far, we have seen nothing from Blackberry.
    I'm afraid that the Passport will loose any steam it has if it is not release soon. The Z30 was a superior device, but saw no advertising, no promotions, and a do-not-care attitude by the only provider (Verizon). The Passport is a superior device that will go down the same path here if it's not release ASAP.
    What do you think?
    10-11-14 05:06 PM
    Not only released soon, but also promoted and pushed by AT&T (or any other carrier that gets it after the exclusive is over).
    JREwing likes this.
    10-11-14 05:20 PM
    I want a z30 from verizon, but a passport would be okay too.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 05:50 PM
    You really can't compare them. The Passport is an entirely new class of device. It is being purchased off contract in large numbers because of how unique and disruptive it is. Think of all the random things you spend money on. Just cut back on some of those for a few months. This is not simply a phone. You will be paid back in spades with the amount of increased productivity you will experience. Of course it is a great shame that AT&T doesn't yet have the Passport but just harping on it won't change anything, you'll still be without the most incredible piece of technology to come out in a long time. Get yourself a Passport, you will not be sorry.

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt likes this.
    10-11-14 05:55 PM
    I had a Z30 before my Passport and I sometimes see it out of the corner of my eye kind of like a friendly old relic from a bygone era.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 05:57 PM
    I want a z30 from verizon, but a passport would be okay too.

Posted via CB10
    I do love my Z30. But for BlackBerry's sake I hope the Passport sells well here in the US. It would be nice for us US users to be able to walk into a Verizon or AT&T store and have the sells rep push (or at least suggest) BlackBerry as an option.
    10-11-14 05:58 PM
    If AT&T introduced it, could BlackBerry provide enough units anyway? They first need to adjust their plans for the unexpected demand.
    10-11-14 06:01 PM
    If AT&T introduced it, could BlackBerry provide enough units anyway? They first need to adjust their plans for the unexpected demand.
    I think that will be the big question. Not being able to deliver unlocked full priced version does not bold well. The majority of sales will come from under contract sales with AT&T.
    The good reviews on the Passport could spell disaster for BB if AT&T customer would demand the product. AT&T must know how well the product sells based on customers coming in with unlocked phones. In the US you really have only 2 careers you can go to: AT&T and TMobile of which AT&T is the better known.

It will be interesting to see how well AT&T will advertise the Passport. It probably will come down to how many iPhones they have left on the shelves or returned. Verizon never advertised the Z30. They didn't even carry it in the store. I had to order it online last year.

People here are excited about this 200,000 units sold on the first day. But we really don't know how many units have been delivered at this point. And to be honest, we really don't know how big the demand really is. We all assume it is great and everybody wants a Passport and a huge amount of people are on backorder and waiting but this is really just based on CB. We really don't know what the world looks like outside CB.

BB would really be advised to actually put some numbers out. We do know that after the Z10, Q10 and Z30 disaster BB wanted to only bring out limited numbers geared for the business market. But if you completely run out of devices after 200,000 sold units (not knowing how many were actually delivered) that is quite disturbing. And god forbid there will demand through AT&T.
    10-11-14 07:08 PM