Also even if you are devoted to Google, but still want to enjoy BlackBerry but can't live without stuff like Google drive, you could always migrate the stuff over to Outlook services. Microsoft offers most of the same services and the privacy is just as unsecure as Google.

I only really use Google for Youtube so I have no problem with using other services such as Mega or Box for my online storage or startmail and Hushmail as my email service

Posted via CB10
    If one doesn't exist already, then a guide for Blackberry users about how to migrate from Google services to Blackberry-friendly ones would be great. If users see how they can, say, move from Google Music or Google Keep and not lose functionality then there should be no excuses.

Box is actually very, very good. I have used Google Drive (I own a Chromebook) but I'm not impressed. I'm perfectly content with Box on BB.
    06-20-14 11:28 PM
    I don't understand how Android apps will run. I'm guessing it will play in a letter box?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 05:52 PM
    On a more serious note. Im seriously wondering how snapchat, instagram, tinder and other non-mentioned apps work on the passport. Would we get black bars on the side? Top? Bottom? No friggin idea.

I just cant wait for september. I think this is the only time where I have wanted summer to be over so quickly. I just want this device in my hand/pocket!

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-21-14 07:19 PM
    I don't understand how Android apps will run. I'm guessing it will play in a letter box?

Posted via CB10
    Any 16:9 apps will likely play in a letterbox, either vertically or horizontally. Bear in mind that the Passport will be able to do either with full 1080 rez...
    06-21-14 07:20 PM
    On a more serious note. Im seriously wondering how snapchat, instagram, tinder and other non-mentioned apps work on the passport. Would we get black bars on the side? Top? Bottom? No friggin idea.

I just cant wait for september. I think this is the only time where I have wanted summer to be over so quickly. I just want this device in my hand/pocket!

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    Put it this way, would you rather have black bars on the sides? Or have the app completely unusable because it doesn't scale to 1:1 and leaves some controls inaccessible?
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-21-14 07:22 PM
    Put it this way, would you rather have black bars on the sides? Or have the app completely unusable because it doesn't scale to 1:1 and leaves some controls inaccessible?
    I don't know who will be making native apps for Passports aspect ratio. . Why would anyone do that for a small percentage of BlackBerry's tiny numbers in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 08:05 PM
    I don't know who will be making native apps for Passports aspect ratio. . Why would anyone do that for a small percentage of BlackBerry's tiny numbers in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not talking about native apps, as they actually DO scale. I'm talking about Android apps. For instance, you can install Instagram just fine on a Q10, but when it runs the controls on the lower part of the app aren't accessible. On a Passport, though, the full app would be displayed up and down the middle of the screen, so the whole thing would be accessible just the same as on a 16:9 Android phone.
    06-22-14 12:36 AM
    What about snapchat? Will the snapchat from amazon be different from the current one in snap?

Posted via My Beast Q10
    06-22-14 12:57 AM
    I'm not talking about native apps, as they actually DO scale. I'm talking about Android apps. For instance, you can install Instagram just fine on a Q10, but when it runs the controls on the lower part of the app aren't accessible. On a Passport, though, the full app would be displayed up and down the middle of the screen, so the whole thing would be accessible just the same as on a 16:9 Android phone.
    I realize you weren't. My comment was a general one. Who would make apps that will take full advantage the aspect ratio on this phone? My guess is no one. Then the next question is why bother with an oddball 1:1 screen?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:00 AM
    John Chen said that 98% of android apps work with the current runtime.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:14 AM
    Frickin love the Passport! I want it to be my next smartphone very badly. I am also heavily invested in the Google ecosystem and need the phone to be able to run Android apps - especially Google+ (for photo backup), YouTube, and Hangouts. Are the new BlackBerry phones able to run all the Android apps? Are there any exceptions?
    For those who may not be aware as yet. It is "possible" to run many if not most apps which depend on Google services on BlackBerry 10. This guy figured it out so why can't BlackBerry figure it out as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...orking-862184/

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 12:07 PM
    As long as it can run Google Maps I think I am sold. I've always found Blackberry maps to be terrible. Waze is a good app as well but I much prefer Google maps.
    09-26-14 10:46 AM
    Hangouts not working...
    Will the Passport be able to run all of Google's Android apps?-img_20140926_122151.png

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:23 AM
    So does it run Google Maps?
    Last edited by akuma13; 09-26-14 at 11:59 AM.
    09-26-14 11:46 AM
    If Google maps can run on a 10.2.1 OS then I don't see why it wouldn't run on the passport.

I won't be able to try till next week as I won't have a passport till sometime next week. But pretty sure someone will chime in and let us know.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:58 AM
    If Google maps can run on a 10.2.1 OS then I don't see why it wouldn't run on the passport.

I won't be able to try till next week as I won't have a passport till sometime next week. But pretty sure someone will chime in and let us know.

Posted via CB10
    Good to know. It's one of the google apps that I can't live without.
    09-26-14 12:00 PM
    Can you sign into Google Maps though? I know Google Maps works relatively OK on my Q10.
    09-26-14 01:33 PM
    I might buy this if it can run google maps flawlessly
    I have 10.3 (leak) on my Z30 and have no problem running google maps.
    09-26-14 01:37 PM
    Google maps always runs on bb10
    09-26-14 01:49 PM
    Google maps always runs on bb10
    Except that we can't sign in to Google account and access the saved addresses... other that, all other functions work flawless
    09-26-14 01:56 PM
    Frickin love the Passport! I want it to be my next smartphone very badly. I am also heavily invested in the Google ecosystem and need the phone to be able to run Android apps - especially Google+ (for photo backup), YouTube, and Hangouts. Are the new BlackBerry phones able to run all the Android apps? Are there any exceptions?
    OP, most Android Apps that I have tried work fine on BB10.3. Apps that depend on Google Services may not work out of the box. People have said that Google Maps work on BB10.3 which is compatible with up to Android 4.3. It hasn't worked properly for me on my Z10-STL100-1 running 10.3.0.1154 though. Don't know if the problem is on my end or not. The Google Services dependency is an "artificial" limitation in those apps because the majority can run just fine after being patched to remove these dependencies. People are doing it. It's possible. You can patch the apps that don't work out of the box yourself either using your computer or straight on your device. If not you can also send the app to the forum and someone will gladly patch it for you. Take a read of these links if you're interested. Lastly for some of the stuff you wanna do you can probably find alternatives - photo backup you can use BOX, Dropbox, One Drive, also with BlackBerry Link installed on your PC you can pair your PC with your phone and use it as your own personal "Cloud storage". Link can also automatically or manually sync your photos to your PC. For YouTube, you can use Fast Tube or the mobile site which would work awesomely on the passport. For Hangouts you can use BBM which has best in class voice and video quality and additional features such as screen share. Hope you still give the Passport a try and see for yourself. Android App compatibility will most likely continue to improve and it's great already.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=947141

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=914930

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=862184

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=874153

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=866259

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 10-01-14 at 12:39 PM.
    10-01-14 12:19 PM
    I'm kinda pee'ved that bbry secured amazon. just because i have no investments in the amazon appstore, I do however have investments in the google play, and don't want to have to rebuy my apps, games.
    10-01-14 12:24 PM
    I'm kinda pee'ved that bbry secured amazon. just because i have no investments in the amazon appstore, I do however have investments in the google play, and don't want to have to rebuy my apps, games.
    You can re download your paid apps as well as your free apps using Snap.

For the games that don't work out of the box you can check this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=887888

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 12:41 PM
    snap links with google play?
    10-01-14 12:43 PM
    snap links with google play?
    Exactly

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 11:42 PM
54 123