No. Not definitely, but hopefully.

Yes you most definitely will.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 07:55 AM
    I am actually feeling the pain right now since I've been so used to z10 and z30... but I do like the feel of the physical keys again!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 08:00 AM
    You'll get used to it. I used to mistake the Z button for the ALT button all the time. Now i'm perfect on the keyboard. I don't have no issue with the space bar placement on keyboard like other do. I 'm loving it.
    10-28-14 08:12 AM
    I was actually depressed 2 days back, when I took the Z10 and z30 to type and how much faster it is than the passport to type.. but I am slowly getting used to the keyboard and hopefully I will get faster than the the full touch soon..

Today is my 4th day with the passport and it's getting recognised every where I go

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 08:16 AM
    I've never had a blackberry before and I can say that I am adjusting well to the keyboard. I think those who came from the old blackberry and the Q10 will have a harder time adjusting.

My previous phones where iphone 5s, samsung s4 and lumia 1020 (which I still carry as my secondary phone). So all touch based keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 08:18 AM
    Took me about two weeks to be proficient at it. Now could not imagine a narrow keyboard. Also starting the no look typing about the third week in.

Passport... 4+ weeks and loving it more every day.
    10-28-14 08:29 AM
    I only got my passport today. Typing is definitely different but I love it!!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 08:39 AM
    I'm not sure what you're texting, being a fraction of a second slower than a touch screen hasn't exactly ended my life. No matter what, getting used to it might not speed you up, since it's a keyboard, it requires pushing on it which in turn slows you down.

Funny how we are seeing these foolish complaints coming in, stickers peeling off and some guy who ordered a passport and had it delivered with a crack in the screen but with a blue gel case already on it? Some defects make sense, some don't. If you don't like the keyboard, get an all touch device. No forum member can answer something that only your personal preference dictates.

Posted on CB 10 (Passport)
    10-28-14 08:40 AM
    I am still learning it. It is very different from the BB-Norm. Too many upside to this device to be put down by my slowness of typing on the keyboard. But, I do overstand, OP!
    10-28-14 08:54 AM
    I'm not sure what you're texting, being a fraction of a second slower than a touch screen hasn't exactly ended my life. No matter what, getting used to it might not speed you up, since it's a keyboard, it requires pushing on it which in turn slows you down.

Funny how we are seeing these foolish complaints coming in, stickers peeling off and some guy who ordered a passport and had it delivered with a crack in the screen but with a blue gel case already on it? Some defects make sense, some don't. If you don't like the keyboard, get an all touch device. No forum member can answer something that only your personal preference dictates.

people have problems with their Blackberries...get over it Sir.

Posted via CB/Q10
    10-28-14 09:00 AM
    I was never a "keyboard" guy, and I love typing on the Passport now. Hopefully if someone like me can get used to it after a few weeks, maybe you too can.
    10-28-14 09:18 AM
    It is weird I just want to keep typing n typing on my passport. It just feels so awesome after almost 2 years on a touch screen. It is still not as good as the old bold but it is amost there!!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 10:14 AM
    The issue for some at least is that they want a keyboard phone, but don't like *this* keyboard.
    And, yes, the Classic is coming, but I think of the Classic as something that's purely for the people who still have a death grip on their old legacy phones. It would be much easier to consider buying the Classic if the screen were larger.
    We totally get it that you and many others love the phone. We have just as much of a right too to voice our unhappiness over the things we think could be better. Nobody is being disrespectful. (Or maybe some are. I don't read everything here.)
    I'd like to hope that my opinions might be considered some when developing future devices. For example, there has not been any satisfactory reason given for not including numbers and symbols on the keys too.

10-28-14 10:41 AM
    To be honest OP I am a bit surprised that as a skilled Q10 typist you are having such a long learning curve on the Passport but rest assured you will get over it. I felt the same way for a couple of days but now I am touch typing again on the Passport and when I pick up my Q10 I am in disbelief I ever used to use something so small and cramped.
    10-28-14 11:04 AM
    I'm in my third week, and I am way faster than I was with Bold 9900 or Z30. I have big hands and the extra space for keys suits me well. During the first 3 days with the Passport, I constantly opened docs to go and just typed, using all combos of flicking, swiping etc. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake leaving the Z30. I think that is now paying dividends. For typing in bed I have found that if I put my index fingers a little higher and gently squeeze, I can type over my head. Slower, but hey you are in bed, you should be taking your time . Anyway this is a great device for me.
    10-28-14 11:12 AM
    I had a Z10 and I think it would have been easier to go from my 9900. The placement of the comma on the number pad is all wrong and it is a little weird going from the physical to virtual keys. You press and tap and occasionally overshoot the physical keys and get unwanted input. It's getting better after a few hours, but the 9900 is still the gold standard for mobile keyboards in my humble opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    10-28-14 11:31 AM
    I find the number pad so much easier on the passport!

I am getting used to reading using the scroll on the keyboard.....but it doesn't seem to work in here.

Such a wonderful feature. Like when I used to hold a book with one hand and read. So effortless.

Jaglenn's Passport
    10-28-14 11:36 AM
    I have the same problem as the OP. But I used this for only 2 days so I hope it will get better in a week or two

- Charles
    Been a touch over a week, it does take a bit getting used to but not a big hurdle to overcome.

Flying on this thing now!
    10-28-14 12:57 PM
    Give it time. My first BlackBerry was the Bold 9000. Then I went to a 9900. Super fast.

I slowed down when I went to a Z10... but then got used to it and became really fast.

Then I got the Passport.... slowed down... but am not getting used to it after a couple of weeks. Getting faster and faster!
    10-28-14 01:04 PM
    I've now had my Passport for exactly 6 days. I'm coming from a Q10 and I love BlackBerry.

I've read how everyone says they get used to the keyboard on the Passport, but I just can't seem to do it. The keyboard isn't at all like any of their previous devices, and I keep mistyping all the time. It's really getting frustrating because I'm finding it to be a much slower typing experience. I really want to love this device but this is making it hard. It's hard to touch type like I can on my Q10 (I don't look at the screen for the predictive text in order to swipe up). The space bar is all wrong, and the layout of some of the virtual keys is puzzling (the location of the comma, the number pad without the zero below the 8, etc.) I can type way faster on my Q10, with it's conventional 4 row keyboard. It's not even close.

I love the 10.3 OS and the ability to use the keyboard as a giant track pad, I just wish I could type FAST on it! I know it takes getting used to (just like I had to get used to the small keyboard on my Torch back in 2010 when I was coming from a Bold), but how long does it take?

Thanks,
    I was in the exact same boat, got used to it much quicker than i thgouhgt, I picked the Q10 a few days ago and the keys felt too small, I was harding a have time typing on the Q10 to be honest. This from a guy that thought the passport was a dealbreaker because of the keyboard
    geo1nah2a likes this.
    10-28-14 01:06 PM
    Just takes time. Been on the passport for about 3 weeks now. I tried picking up my z10 the other day and I noticed that i subconsciously positioned my hands much wider than the z10's frame. Once you get a little muscle memory in, you'll be flying on the passport's keyboard.
    10-28-14 01:52 PM
    For me - the adjustment time was a period of 3 weeks. This is coming from use of the Z30 for personal use, and Q10 for work. ThunderBuck said it best - that it takes time to UNLEARN, and fight muscle memory. This process feels uncomfortable, not necessarily that the Passport Keyboard itself is uncomfortable.

I go back to my Q10 now, after a few weeks - and can barely type on it. It is so cramped, and honestly has more "think points" pressing ALT+____(key) to produce symbols. It seems to break up touch typing more so for me after having spent a few weeks acclimating to the Passport.

I posted my 3 weeks of experience on another thread. This is with e-mails daily, Twitter posts, & plenty of BBM conversations to practice:

- First few hours:

�How do I hold this thing?
    �How do I get used to the three rows of keys when my brain knows four rows?!
    �Spacebar between V and B feels so weird!
    �Not using flick typing much if at all.
    �Engaging virtual row for punctuation actually feels fine.
    �Engaging the alternate symbols keyboard via @123 button or downward swipe gesture doesn't feel natural hunting and pecking for my desired keys.
    �Not using double tapping for cursor control much, keep touch screen instead (used to touch screen editing)
    �Not remembering to scroll down in feeds and lists with the capacitive keyboard
    �Typing rather slow compared to my fast typing on a glass screen

- After a few days to a week:

�Three rows feels natural
    �Still trying to figure out the best comfortable way to hold the device and feel 'secure'
    �Spacebar between V and B feels fine now, don't even think about it.
    �Engaging alternate keys with @123 button instead of downward swipe gesture
    �Testing out cursor control more for text editing - doesn't feel like second nature yet, still want to touch screen to select text.
    �Loving scrolling through feeds, Web articles in reader mode, etc with the touch keyboard!
    �Typing somewhat faster, though not as fast as on glass or even when I used a 9900

- After a couple/few weeks:

�Typing acceptably fast now, muscle memory is there to not look at screen even!
    �Using the cursor control a lot more for text editing, learned I need to double tap OFF once I've finished positioning cursor to not make errors.
    �Alternate symbols virtual keyboard feels fairly natural now, swiping down is the way to go!
    �Flick typing a lot more than before, which really aids in one handed use
    �Finally figured out a couple different grips to hold the device that feel good
    10-28-14 06:03 PM
    I am kinda embarrassed to say but I have a practice "Journal" going with a word document.

I use this in moments where I have the time to practice. I try the different features with symbols and swipes edits and gestures.. While I type I type the thoughts that are in my mind at the time.

Doing this I believe I am shortening the learning curve time as it it is very important to me to be efficient at this.

When I got my Z10...my first all touch device I employed the same ideology but I gave up as the mistakes never got better after many weeks leaving me give up on the typing and only use when absolutely necessary.

I can now type close to the pecking speed as on a regular keyboard but now on the PP without mistakes.

Geeky yes but finally I can use this device to get things done no matter where I am.
    10-28-14 08:48 PM
    I felt the same way for the first week or so. Went to use my Q10 the other day and (aside from the familiarity of the alt characters) I couldn't type worth a damn. Haha For me, it would be very difficult to go back to a smaller keyboard Sitck with it pal, you'll get used to it.. and hey! If not, the classic is only 6 or 7 weeks away!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:34 PM
    After a week in, I'm more then accurate and faster then on my Z10. Not up to par yet with the speed I could type on my 9900, but I'm getting there.

One thing I find I keep doing is hitting the Z key for an ALT key. Also just discovered a swipe down on the keyboard brings up the virtual with symbols and numbers mapped to the physical keys. Has sped up my typing quite a bit. I still find it odd feeling to press physical keys, then to have to tap a glass screen all in the same sentence, just feels odd to me.
    10-29-14 05:12 AM
74 123