I want to buy the Passport but...I use the google calendar, gmail, contacts, drive, etc. Can I get them to sync without too many conflicts? That would be the deal breaker. Any suggestions?
    01-20-15 01:28 PM
    Will not be an issue

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 01:30 PM
    I want to buy the Passport but...I use the google calendar, gmail, contacts, drive, etc. Can I get them to sync without too many conflicts? That would be the deal breaker. Any suggestions?
    Only deal breaker I see is Drive. All the rest sync seamlessly. Maybe someone else can chime in on how they use Google Drive since there is no app to my knowledge.

Edit: Looks like PlayCloud 10 support Google Drive. http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ode=US&lang=en
    01-20-15 01:30 PM
    Calendar and gmail work great. For google drive there is an app called playcloud that allows you to access your files.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 01:31 PM
    Synching E-Mail, Contacts & Calendar on my Passport without any issues.

Posted via my 'Classy' Classic
    01-20-15 01:32 PM
    Calendar and gmail work great. For google drive there is an app called playcloud that allows you to access your files.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, Playcloud works fine with Google Drive. Be aware though, it is only access to the files, not synchronization and not integrated with the OS meaning you will need to use those files through Playcloud or copy them to the phone first, you cannot open directly from other apps or save directly into info it...

The developer has been offering synchronization since forever but not yet implemented, to be fair it is not a trivial thing to do...

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 01:39 PM
    Google integrates very well into the Passport and you won't need anything like a Gmail app for that. It will just sync with your HUB, calendar, contacts through the BB10 accounts.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 02:00 PM
    01-20-15 02:47 PM
    I have several Gmail accounts for different functions. Mail and contacts for both sync like they were intended for the Passport.

My calendars were a little more interesting. Initially, the native Passport calendar app argued about syncing more than one calendar, plus a couple of sets of imported holidays. One of my calendars imports those holidays, plus two calendars from work, plus birthdays from one social media site, and those sets of holidays. The other calendar details my writing schedule, imports birthdays and events from another social media site. I needed all of that showing in one calendar, so I don't miss any birthdays and and I don't agree to being two places at the same time. So, I needed Everything showing on one calendar. It took some playing with an app called Calendar Sync and a couple of reboots to get everything in there. But it's all in there.

You've been given some suggestions for accessing Drive files. I've been told the Android version of Documents to Go will work directly with those files. And the description of Android's OfficeSuite8 looks like it will, too.
    01-21-15 12:21 PM