I've been considering upgrading from my Q10 for a while now, and think the AT&T curved Passport is the one for me.

The classic barely offers me any incentive to upgrade (I cope just fine without the trackpad) but I also find the Passport a bit unattractive. However I love AT&T's curved Passport.

I'm visiting the USA in February, can anybody advise whether I can buy it off-contract, and also whether it would even work in the UK with a British SIM card in it?

(Incidentally, for me the ideal new Blackberry would be a "taller Q10" with a 3:4 screen, full QWERTY keyboard with ALT and SHIFT keys, with the Passport's touch functionality).
    01-19-15 05:54 AM
    You've just described "The Classic"!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 07:40 AM
    I've been considering upgrading from my Q10 for a while now, and think the AT&T curved Passport is the one for me.

The classic barely offers me any incentive to upgrade (I cope just fine without the trackpad) but I also find the Passport a bit unattractive. However I love AT&T's curved Passport.

I'm visiting the USA in February, can anybody advise whether I can buy it off-contract, and also whether it would even work in the UK with a British SIM card in it?

(Incidentally, for me the ideal new Blackberry would be a "taller Q10" with a 3:4 screen, full QWERTY keyboard with ALT and SHIFT keys, with the Passport's touch functionality).
    You'll need to get the phone unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 07:55 AM
    You'll need to get the phone unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    Unlocked plus a frequency compatibility check will have to be the order. You have to check the intended British Networks operating frequency and compare those to AT&T.

NewsFlash! The highest rankin g American citizen is using a BlackBerry
    01-19-15 08:07 AM
    Would also love to know I'm in the uk And love the curved passport.
    01-19-15 08:21 AM
    Question is already answered. You would 1) need it unlocked and AT&T probably won't do it for you. 2) need to check the band's to make sure it has the right frequencies. Most likely the frequencies will work for voice but LTE probably won't work.

Also remember that the US isn't big on BlackBerry so it is unlikely you will have very many accessory options as the original passport has and even then it's considered more limited than other brand phones.

This question is pretty standard in the cellular world. You should know even an AT&T iPhone would require you to check the same 2 conditions.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:44 AM