My Passport is working fine with my Playbook, SMS and BBM no problems.

Rockin a Passport with my Awesome Z30! Two great devices are better than 1!
    11-12-14 08:13 PM
    Another knee jerk reaction to anyone even daring to mention the Playbook round these here parts. Nice! Why do people even bother coming into this section of the forum to come out with comments like how old it is and its eol? Most people with one are more than aware of its age and hardware/software limitations. It's a bit patronising to even say it when the op is just asking if they can still use tbeir playbook with a BB10 device.

What's that boyzone lyric, "you say it best, when you say nothing at all" if you've nothing constructive to say then please keep your nose out. Go and jump in tbe Bold section of the board and tell them their phones crap or something.

FWIW as clearly pointed out, Bridge is a BB10 app. I would expect this app would be fixed if a problem arose because it needs no work on the Playbook and should continue to work with BB10. devices.

Tapatalk On Blackberry PlayBook
    You were doing great until you mentioned Boyzone. Wash your mouth out! :-)

Posted via CB10
    RA-HA likes this.
    11-13-14 08:38 AM
    errr it was my wife who told me to say that, I don't even know who Boyzone are being a red blooded heterosexual
    Banco likes this.
    11-13-14 12:17 PM
    errr it was my wife who told me to say that, I don't even know who Boyzone are being a red blooded heterosexual
    So you could have gone with "World shut your mouth" by Julian Cope instead and saved your credibility.... :-P

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 05:14 PM
    You think? I beg to differ

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 07:20 PM
    PlayBook was announced to be EOL like half a year ago!

Time to let go.
    Yeah, you're probably right. I should just toss that POS (that still works) in the trash. That's the disposable world we live in right? J-F-C!!! Numbskull.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-13-14 08:50 PM
    You think? I beg to differ

Posted via CB10
    Purely a random example superior to Boyzone! I mean, who isn't??

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 02:38 AM
    Yeah I get where you were coming from mate. Anythings better than boyzone
    I don't want the everyone to shut up just the ones with nothing to say. Bores the life out of me when the usual suspects turn up in this part of the forum with the same old crap. Just not constructive.

Ultimately people who come here have a PlayBook and are seeking advice on how to get the most out of what they have. The last thing they need is told it's useless and old and what they should buy instead. You don't seem to find this in any other piece of blackberry hardware.

I, like many others use it on a daily basis. I'm not totally blinkered, there is many occasions when I'm grinding my teeth at it and end up reaching for my phone or notebook just to complete a task buy generally speaking I can get most stuff done.

People jump all over it because it's got the blame for nearly putting blackberry under but it was blackberry who nearly put blackberry under. In that respect I feel a bit sorry for the device probably why folk still have a lot of love for it.

I'll give an example, managit, willow twitter client and webereader are all great apps that are still regularly updated and work flawlessly. The Internet changes, Web pages and login protocols change so unless app devs update to meet these needs obviously these apps will stop working. What would it take realistically fir say Facebook, Evernote or Dropbox to still work on the playbook? Very little I guess. What incentive do devs have to fix them? Also very little. That's not hardware limitations that's lack of incentive, the same lack of incentive that BlackBerry created from the beginning by not bringing developers on board from the start. Which, it should be noted is still being done now with bb10 devices. Think how handy your phone would be if you couldn't use android ports. We are reliant on another eco system to keep our device current.

That's probably why I keep seeing Chen popping up and talk of another tablet because even he knows it wasn't the tablet it was a total balls up by the company in implementing it.

Anyone who has one and thinks there's hardware limitations just needs to play a native game on it and see how smooth it runs and how graphically rich it is to realise making Facebook work again isn't down to hardware.

So if people don't have one and know nothing about why it is in the position it's in then just keep your nose out and let the people who have and can't afford or have the need for another tablet see what we can do to improve the experience. Without stating the obvious.

Please, with sugar on top.

Posted via CB10
    RA-HA likes this.
    11-14-14 05:14 AM
    Bridge is available for the Passport

Will Bridge be available on the Passport?-img_20141114_073528.png

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:36 AM
    What he said lol. Bridge is actually three versions of apps. One for playbook, one for bbos and one for bb10.

All three work, the passport is just a bb10 device like all the others and when 10.3 eventually arrives for all bb10 devices they will all run the same os.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:42 AM
    Bridge works fine between my passport and PlayBook. It's kind of like blend just older. Passport is so much better I don't see a reason to bridge but it does work

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 11:47 PM
    Bridge works fine between my passport and PlayBook. It's kind of like blend just older. Passport is so much better I don't see a reason to bridge but it does work

Posted via CB10
    Err, so you can view files,bbm and text messages on the playbook as well as use your phone as a data connection for the PB.

Posted via CB10
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    11-18-14 11:37 AM
37 12