I need to know before I get one because I still use my Playbook.
    09-29-14 07:51 AM
    Bridge is not available on the Passport, Blend is. And no, Blend is unfortunately not available for the Playbook.
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    09-29-14 08:03 AM
    Bridge is not available on the Passport, Blend is. And no, Blend is unfortunately not available for the Playbook.
    Darn
    09-29-14 08:05 AM
    Is it not? That's a bit strange isn't it?

I wonder if it's available as an uninstalled app for those who have had it before? Can anyone coming from a previous device check?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:06 AM
    PlayBook was announced to be EOL like half a year ago!

Time to let go.
    09-29-14 08:08 AM

Time to let go.
    Exactly, BlackBerry won't develop anything for the PlayBook anymore.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:09 AM
    Just checked and Bridge is able to be downloaded on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 301489p
    ATMJOE, Banco, lang007 and 1 others like this.
    09-29-14 08:12 AM
    Let me know if things work because I was thinking of getting another playbook

Just checked and Bridge is able to be downloaded on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 301489p
    09-29-14 08:19 AM
    Oh cr*p! My bad, it will probably work like it did on the Z10 onwards! But I do doubt that BlackBerry will push updates since Blend is released!
    09-29-14 08:25 AM
    Let me know if things work because I was thinking of getting another playbook
    Yes please let us know. What I want to know is if you can use the Passport's internet connection for the Playbook. Very important for me. My Playbook still works fine, so I'm not looking for a new tablet right now.
    09-29-14 08:28 AM

Time to let go.
    I'm not letting go, not while my Playbook still works fine.
    09-29-14 08:29 AM
    My PlayBook still works but every time I pick it up the 1GB RAM groans and reminds me of the hardware's age.
    Pairing one to a Passport would be sacrilege.
    09-29-14 08:38 AM
    My PlayBook still works but every time I pick it up the 1GB RAM groans and reminds me of the hardware's age.
    Pairing one to a Passport would be sacrilege.
    I would only pair it with the Passport when I need or want an internet connection for my Playbook. I let my young nephews use it when I'm at their house, where there is no wifi or when we are outside with it.
    09-29-14 08:40 AM
    why using a PlayBook when owning a Passport?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:50 AM
    why using a PlayBook when owning a Passport?

Posted via CB10
    See my previous post, above.
    09-29-14 08:56 AM
    OP: Please read this before making a decision. You're OK contrary to other posts here.

Bridge is showing on my Passport as an installed application just fine.
    It was probably done via the Restore process when I moved from my Z30.

It also shows up just fine in BlackBerry Appworld for the Passport. (There are no "Not for your device" or other restriction messages).

There are obviously slight differences in functionality for PlayBook owners but there is a great deal of overlap, too:

BLEND allows your PC or other allowable device to access almost any information your BlackBerry 10.3.x handset .Normally this is reading emails, BBM, SMS, Calendars, etc. You are, essentially, fully in control of this remotely: You can create a message, attach a photo or other file, and send it - all as if you were holding your BlackBerry handset in your hands.

BRIDGE allows your PlayBook to work alongside any BlackBerry handset in harmony but in close proximity (or on the same Wi-Fi network at least). BRIDGE allows you to control your PlayBook a little more: Using the BlackBerry in a presentation to advance screens on your PlayBook (sort of like using your handset as a remote trackpad). This functionality works PERFECTLY from my Passport to my Playbook.

So - in a way - Bridge has even MORE functionality than Blend for PlayBook users. Think of Blend as sort of like "Bridge for everyone without a PlayBook"

Both products allow you to work with BBM's and SMS's on a larger screen but only BRIDGE works on the PlayBook and it works just fine on the PassPort.

In fact - I just reinstalled Bridge on my Passport and paired it to my PlayBook and was able to work exactly as it was designed to do, today.

I hope that clears up the confusion that erroneous posts have created above.
    Banco and dmlis like this.
    09-29-14 08:56 AM
    You could always enable wifi hotspot on the Passport if you JUST want an internet connection.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-29-14 08:59 AM
    Thanks TTune, you helped me decide that I do want a Passport.
    09-29-14 09:00 AM
    I have a non-LTE Playbook as well as the Passport, and am on AT&T. Like I had to do with my Q10, you have to delete Bridge from the new phone, remove the SIM, re-install Bridge, and then put back the SIM. I took both devices off wi-fi and my Playbook is able to connect to the Passport using the Passport's cell signal. I can get my email messages on the Playbook, but not my text messages so far. The browser on the Playbook also works through Bridge. The only thing I haven't been able to get to work so far is the remote control, as it keeps causing Bridget to crash.

If the OP is looking for a way to use the non LTE Playbook in an area without wi-fi then it looks like Bridges is still an option, albeit an imperfect one.
    09-29-14 11:49 AM
    Another knee jerk reaction to anyone even daring to mention the Playbook round these here parts. Nice! Why do people even bother coming into this section of the forum to come out with comments like how old it is and its eol? Most people with one are more than aware of its age and hardware/software limitations. It's a bit patronising to even say it when the op is just asking if they can still use tbeir playbook with a BB10 device.

What's that boyzone lyric, "you say it best, when you say nothing at all" if you've nothing constructive to say then please keep your nose out. Go and jump in tbe Bold section of the board and tell them their phones crap or something.

FWIW as clearly pointed out, Bridge is a BB10 app. I would expect this app would be fixed if a problem arose because it needs no work on the Playbook and should continue to work with BB10. devices.

Tapatalk On Blackberry PlayBook
    11-12-14 04:41 PM
    With the new Bridge Update, the Remote control for the Passport works again, but I can't access BBM messages or Text messages on the PlayBook. It still does what I need it to though.
    11-12-14 04:58 PM
    You mean newest? There hasn't been an update for bridge In a long while.
    11-12-14 05:49 PM
    Weird. I have it just the other way around. Text yes, BBM yes, but no emails. (Remote is working fine.). Go figure...

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 05:59 PM
    Bridge has been updated on my passport about 1-2 weeks ago

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 06:06 PM
    I have been using the bridge feature on my playbook with my Passport no problem. Just wish Blend would work with the Playbook. Which reminds me, I haven't even tried to see if it works personally but read on the forums that it was a no go

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1016
    11-12-14 06:18 PM
37 12