Do a factory reset after doing a back up and see if the problem still persists.

Posted via CB10
    But they won't be able to use the back up. As it will bring the issue right back into the phone if they restore from that back up.
    12-06-15 07:41 PM
    I've been all over with my Z30 without any issues on WiFi, both paid and free access versions. Airports gave me trouble with my Samsung Galaxy S back in the day, and that was the last time I had issues with Wi-Fi.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:32 AM
    I've only used my Z30 when I was overseas... I went to Osaka, Japan and used free Wi-Fi and Domoco Mobility without issue... and I went all the way from BC to San Diego along the west coast and used free Wi-Fi and Roam Mobility without any issue also.

Hopefully this coming year I will bring my Passport with me to the UK and France, and I'll see how my Passport fairs in those markets!

Posted from my Passport... You've been BlackBerried!
    12-07-15 01:46 AM
    Do you have other devices that are connecting just fine? Many hotels have browser logins to actually get Internet access. Many also have a timeout feature that disconnects your wifi after a period of inactivity. I travel, never outside the US though. I've connected to over a dozen hotel wifi networks and never have problems. Well, other then the horrible wifi speeds hotels provide.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    12-07-15 02:31 PM
    I have same problem. My Z30 violate any wifi i try to connect. It is such common problem. May be 4 of 10 devices have this issue.
    I have just two opportunities to use wifi. 1-st is when wifi router is of industrial class (like in huge airport). 2-nd if Z30 - is the only device in the wlan.
    The russian support team advised me to install a newer version of OS, but it is unavailable directly from blackberry link. Also it is going as is. So i think it isn't so good.
    Another advise i found, is to use "wifi manager" app ( i can't post the link ). Now i try to. after instilling and rebooting phone and router i had around 30 minutes of stable work with Z30 and two laptops in one wifi network. It seems that after the utility falls because of lots of another applications in memory, and it violated router after it. but now, taking care that the utility works, it seems to work good.
    i hope blackberry looks for any stable solution, because non of us can tune routers in cafes or airports as we want.
    12-07-15 06:09 PM
    I've travelled to several countries in Europe, South-America and all over North-America but never never ever had a problem with my trusted Passport. Am I doing something wrong?
    12-08-15 07:23 AM
    abroad, in a couple of different hotels.... and again, trouble with connecting my passport to the wifi AT EVERY place, and it always lost the connection, trying to reconnect but it always lost the connection again and again.... in comparison, my iPad had no problems getting connected and it did not lose the connection, it just stayed connected to the wifi. whats the reason for that?

i had the same problems with the q10 and i am now done with blackberry! if they can't manage such a simple thing like Wi-Fi connection they don't deserve to remain on the market.

bye bye blackberry, hello iphone!

PS: I will never use a device that runs android!!!!
    Never had a problem connecting to WiFi with my BlackBerry, in NA or Europe.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 08:54 AM
    I just bought it yesterday and I'm noticing this issue in the office. WiFi just goes on and off.
    I'll see what happens in different networks.

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    12-08-15 09:45 AM
    im having this issue with my Q20 its not the wifi its os 10.3 bcoz when I had Q10 and Z30 they had not a single issue with wifi when they were running 10.2 but when I updated all of them to 10.3 this issue started im really dissapointed at blackberry just for this reason. I have a iphone 6 but I love blackberry bcoz of how it feels so please if anyone know how to fix this issue..

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 06:36 PM
    This probably some kind of wifi protocol issue. One would think that this would be standardized enough at this point that it wouldn't be a problem but, apparently, there is enough variation that it can be an issue. My guess is that is a Android implementation/driver problem that didn't come up in field testing of the device. Look for an update in the future that says something like "Fixes wifi issue..."
    12-09-15 06:45 PM
    blackberry's update are too slow they take year to come which sucks its hard to wait I have been waiting since start of 2015 and now its almost a year and they didnt fix it. come on, what are guys doing. dont just creat new phones fix the fuking issue then creat new devices, focus on issues not the build

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 05:36 AM
    I've always had issues with hotel wifi. It is a BlackBerry thing.
    12-10-15 05:39 AM
    And this wifi issue is simply embarrassing for blackberry!!!! Every stupid android phone can do that without any problems!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 08:00 AM
    And this wifi issue is simply embarrassing for blackberry!!!! Every stupid android phone can do that without any problems!!!

Posted via CB10
    No. What is an embarrassment is people who can't get WiFi working when the vast majority haven't had a single problem. I have traveled all around US and Canada and can say that I have not had a single problem connecting to WiFi with my BB10 devices.
    yessuz, anon(1852343) and miker476 like this.
    12-10-15 08:49 PM
    Had the same problem when travelling round asia! IPad and other people's devices had no problem connecting to wifi or public free wifi in the streets but my passport wouldn't connect!

Posted via CB10
    I have no problem connecting to wi-fi networks with z30 or passport and I have been all over North America, Europe and Asia.
    I am in Japan now and all I am using is a wi-fi router that I connect my Passport, my z30, my playbook and laptop to. No problems
    Just open your wi-fi settings and check the settings. You may want to turn wi-fi on and off.
    12-10-15 09:03 PM
    I'm having the same problem. No matter what WiFi network I used, my sqw100-4 keeps disconnecting/reconnecting, and that happened even when I used cellular data. I even tried reloading my os without restoring my backup. I've never used a smartphone as complicated as this one (I've used ios and android before moving to blackberry)

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 03:05 PM
    BTW I'm tuning on os 10.3.2.2474

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 03:15 PM
    dhcp lease issue.
    12-13-15 10:05 AM
    I was just down in Mexico for 2 weeks, and not an issue.

But if it happened to me, I would probably feel the same way.

Working Wide from my Passport!
    12-13-15 10:16 AM
    Never had an issue with my Passport or Z30. Did have occasional wi-fi dropping out issues with my Android-based phone and my Windows-based tablet. Guess that proves that a simple thing like wi-fi is not so simple when there are a gazillion different software/hardware permutations and user settings that could possibly affect it.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    12-13-15 10:23 AM
    I'm having the same problem. No matter what WiFi network I used, my sqw100-4 keeps disconnecting/reconnecting, and that happened even when I used cellular data. I even tried reloading my os without restoring my backup. I've never used a smartphone as complicated as this one (I've used ios and android before moving to blackberry)

Posted via CB10
    I have problem with disconnect only when bluetooth are on. Reload OS not help. Blackberryhelp at twitter wrote me i should send my Passport to service.
    12-13-15 11:01 AM
    I have problem with disconnect only when bluetooth are on. Reload OS not help. Blackberryhelp at twitter wrote me i should send my Passport to service.
    Sounds like a hardware issue for you. Have BlackBerry fix it. Maybe an unstable power to the wifi and Bluetooth chips

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 12:50 PM
    They will send me (tomorrow ) information what happened
    12-13-15 12:56 PM
    Even my Q5 connects and holds hotel WiFi no problem. Certainly the z30 does too. My old 9780 on T-Mo with WiFi UMA Text and Calling saved my wallet when I was working in Paris and London about 6 years ago and spent months in each city.

Now, if the Hotel has abhorred WiFi, then no phone is going to compensate for that. I was at a Hilton in a major US City and everyone was complaining that the Hotel's WiFi "Sucked" to put it very mildly.

5-8 years ago, it was easy to get a decent pipe from your room to the internet in a Hotel. Now, EVERYONE with a smartphone or any kid with a tablet is going to be streaming movies and playing high-bandwidth games. I've noticed a measurable and remarkable drop in WiFi speed at many hotels in the last 5 years..
    Last edited by BBerryPowerUser; 12-13-15 at 01:15 PM.
    12-13-15 01:00 PM
    C'mon....we all know Apple has the best mobile devices on the planet. Everything else is just rubbish.

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    /s

:-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-02-16 12:29 AM
58 123