Hello

Did a little search for WiFi issues, and found a few but all seemed slightly different.

Basically the problem is that my WiFi is on all the time at home, yet half the time when I actually go to use my phone, it is not connected. Then it will suddenly connect again and stay connected a while, then disconnect again seemingly for no reason as my other WiFi devices all work fine with no disconnecting. My previous phone didn't have the issue.

Is it some kind of sleep policy I have missed a menu for? or a bug.

Did a hard reset to try and see if that helped it, but sadly it didn't. I have unlimited data on my network luckily, but the reception isn't great in all parts of my house so kind of need the WiFi to work permanently. It's not enough to make me consider getting rid of the Passport, as I love it, but still.
    12-09-14 07:58 AM
    Is you device stable on wifi at other locations? Friends house, starbucks, some other place that offer the free wifi? If device is fine and happy there, then it looks like its something in your wifi setup. Then try a reset of your modem and router (prob. already did this step?) Hit the little reset buttons, not just a power cycle. You might to get the app WIFI Analyzer from BB world, and you can chack and see if you are victim to "channel crowding", just change your router to a clearer channel.

Another thing you might want to look at is how you cable is split from the wall to the tv, cable modem and internet phone. Those little 3 way cable splitters, have 1 in and 3 out. The three "outs" may not be the same, they usually have one "port " that has more signal gain than the others, that is the one you want to go to the modem! I got bit by this a while ago, wm wifi was always going to "limited connectivity" or just dropping. I learned this from the local Comcast tech working on a neighbors home. I went home and checked and yep, sure enough there are little marking on the splitter that call out the signal gain on each connector.
    I swapped the modem to the correct "split" the one with the highest gain, and then all was right with the world.
    Not a hiccup in 4 months. Haven't even had to reboot my Z30 in 3 months.......until that darn BBM bug came out of hibernation.....

So
    12-09-14 10:37 AM
    You might to get the app WIFI Analyzer from BB world, and you can chack and see if you are victim to "channel crowding", just change your router to a clearer channel.
    Which app is that? I see things like WiFi Test Free and WiFi Manager. Neither of those seem to have solid reviews.

I have one room of my house that's subject to periodic interference. It'd be nice to have an analytical tool for that.
    12-09-14 02:30 PM
    I had problems since day one, then I got a netgear router. As that isn't a solution, but a fix, I'd say it was worth it. It's blackberry, not the other way around.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 02:43 PM