Will this be available to off-contract Passports on the Tmo network? Is it something built into the OS by default, or does Tmo have custom software for this?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 09:51 AM
    I have the same question as well but I'm wanting to know if this will work properly with all T-Mobile Bands especially the 2100 LTE and also will it be compatible with the 700 Band that T-Mobile has acquired? This is the Passport on of course shopblackberry.com
    09-24-14 09:55 AM
    I have the same question as well but I'm wanting to know if this will work properly with all T-Mobile Bands especially the 2100 LTE and also will it be compatible with the 700 Band that T-Mobile has acquired? This is the Passport on of course shopblackberry.com
    I don't think there is another Passport model. It contains most bands, and I was under the impression that it covered every network but Verizon's CDMA. I could be mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:00 AM
    I don't think there is another Passport model. It contains most bands, and I was under the impression that it covered every network but Verizon's CDMA. I could be mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    I think this is correct. So far as wifi-calling, at the moment TMO only allows this on their branded phones, or on models that they also carry under their branded series (in the case of Q & Z Blackberry anyway). I have two Z10s for example, and both -- with the correct OS -- get wifi-calling. One is branded, one is not. Still, they both have to be 100-3 versions. If TMO decides to handle the Passport, that would be different.
    09-24-14 10:09 AM
    I think this is correct. So far as wifi-calling, at the moment TMO only allows this on their branded phones, or on models that they also carry under their branded series (in the case of Q & Z Blackberry anyway). I have two Z10s for example, and both -- with the correct OS -- get wifi-calling. One is branded, one is not. Still, they both have to be 100-3 versions. If TMO decides to handle the Passport, that would be different.
    In what part of the OS is wifi calling located? I'd assume that BlackBerry will be building it into the OS for the Passport as there is only one model, and Canada has a carrier with Wifi calling.

I'm going to assume that Tmo won't allow it when I'm shopping for networks, tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:47 AM