I got tired of carrier branded devices and waiting for OS updates. Plus T-Mobile doesn't have the Passport. So I got the unlocked version but sacrificed wifi call, which I have really missed.

With the new update I have it back and seems to be working quite well!

And unlocked phones with tmobile specific features is really the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    10-05-15 09:58 PM
    Looks like all BB10 phones have T-Mobile wifi calling with 10.3.2.2789.
    10-05-15 10:05 PM
    I just updated my passport with 2789, waited like 10 mins then rebooted. Wifi calling was then available to me. I did make a call to my voicemail and everything seemed to work just fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 11:33 PM
    What type of internet do you have? I have uverse and my router blocked wifi calling. I used my verizon hotspot and it worked.

I get good signal at home so I don't need it here.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 10:19 AM
    Yes, you have to upgrade to the latest os and then sideload the tmo app

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 12:33 PM
    Located tmo wifi calling and an sideloaded but won't let me turn it on.
    Yeah I'm in the same boat...I'm thinking the phone needs to be unlocked but hopefully there is a workaround.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 05:29 PM
    So since im on ATT i cant do wifi calling unless im on TMobile?
    10-06-15 05:34 PM
    I have a unlocked passport and I am a tmobile customer. Is there any instructions or helpful video step by step to update my unlocked blackberry passport to work. Please help

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 11:04 PM
    So since im on ATT i cant do wifi calling unless im on TMobile?
    Wifi calling is a feature T-Mobile has had for years. They have been the only major US carrier to have it, however once Apple started supporting it, ATT announed they would be offering it but I don't think they have it available yet. I think within a year they should.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 02:16 AM
    I have a unlocked passport and I am a tmobile customer. Is there any instructions or helpful video step by step to update my unlocked blackberry passport to work. Please help

Posted via CB10
    I just got home and it's After 3 am but I will try to help you tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 02:17 AM
    The short answer is. You need to load a leaked os and sideload the wifi calling app.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 02:19 AM
    Forgie the noob. But how do you get wifi calling? Do you have an app for that? How does it work?

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    10-07-15 10:29 AM
    Wifi calling is a feature T-Mobile has had for years. They have been the only major US carrier to have it, however once Apple started supporting it, ATT announed they would be offering it but I don't think they have it available yet. I think within a year they should.

Posted via CB10
    So, AT&T won't wipe its own *** without Apple prompting them? Looks like I chose the wrong carrier.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    10-07-15 10:32 AM
    My Passport is an Unlocked model, with TMobile's current BBOS10 version plus I side loaded the TMobile wifi calling App and it does not work! TMobile has only stated they have the option for new BB Classic phones ONLY. People saying they have are suspect to me as to their qualifications. If you cannot enable to App, it doesn't matter what wifi your on, it isn't going to work if you cannot turn the on! I fear someone is blowing smoke.....
    Can you stop saying 'tmobile OS'
    Tell us which version of OS you're running.
    You need the LEAKED version, not the official update.
    anon(55900) likes this.
    10-07-15 10:36 AM
    As far as I know it is not possible on a Passport as of yet, it is possible on the Classic. I have the T-Mobile current OS update and have installed the T-Mobile WiFi Calling App, but the App will not switch to 'enable'. I do not believe any one has an unlocked Passport on T-Mobile with T-Mobile WiFi Calling feature! I tried and it isn't happening as of yet, I don not believe that it is possible without direct support from T-Mobile!
    It is working on my Passport. I had to download a leaked OS and install first. The lastest official won't work.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 11:03 AM
    Where can I download the wifi calling app from? I am unable to do it from the blackberry world...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 12:27 PM
    No need to sideload the app. What you like to do is to download the autoloader or blitz file of OS 10.3.2.2789. This is the only OS with WiFi calling enabled on your locked or unlocked BB 10 devices.

Posted via CB10 on Passport OG
    10-07-15 01:33 PM
    Yes, I have Wifi dialing on my unlocked Passport on T-Mo network.

I just used Sachesi and loaded OS 10.3.2.2789 and the radio file. Unlike my Z10 which had a Tmo app with an on/off slider, on the Passport, with the new OS, there is no app.

After the install, upon boot up, I got concerned because the network would connect (red exclamation point next to the upper right phone icon). But then I noticed that there was a new image next to where the bars of coverage are shown. It is an illuminated image of a handset slightly sideways with the radar waves. I realized this was confirmation that I had wifi dialing.

I turned off all network connections and data services, and then phoned my house. Sure enough, the call went through. But still I had no network connection. It then occurred to me that TMo has the software to preferentially use wifi and not the regular network connection. So, I went outside and walked far enough away that my wifi network couldn't reach. There upon the network reconnected.
    10-07-15 08:08 PM
    Can you stop saying 'tmobile OS'
    Tell us which version of OS you're running.
    You need the LEAKED version, not the official update.
    You can b-slap me anytime. You were correct. I sachesi'ed the latest blitz and like another poster a few posts below said, there is no App to enable WiFi calling but there is a new icon upper right with an old telephone receiver and bars. I did the same as them and shut off cellular then made a successful phone call out, ON my ATT Uverse WiFi at home! PS: I deleted all my stupid posts here to keep the overall thread clean. Excuse my stupidity all!

Wifi calling! The best of both worlds.-img_20151007_220424.jpg
    10-07-15 09:37 PM
    There IS an app for it, but you need to sideload that too. It may work without it but the app allows you to change settings.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 04:21 PM
    I have wifi calling from my USA home VOIP which has an android app working great on BlackBerry passport which gives extremely cheap calls from USA to EU & wide world (1st hr free ea month) & calls on it or computer to USA free unlimited...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 05:09 PM
    are you saying the install has allowed you to use your unlocked Passport with ATT as your carrier?
    10-08-15 08:04 PM
    There IS an app for it, but you need to sideload that too. It may work without it but the app allows you to change settings.

Posted via CB10
    Where can I download it from?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 08:48 PM
    There is a link on the crackberry home page

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 10:08 PM
    http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

Posted via CB10 on Passport OG
    Elango87 likes this.
    10-09-15 12:04 AM
49 12