FYI Telus also has wifi calling! I got provisioned today. Its free. You will need to have the Google Play Store installed (See Cobalts Instructions)

Working fine for me
    Why would you need google play store for wifi calling?
    10-15-15 06:07 AM
    They block ports which is disappointing.
    Tried last night three different wifi connections and no luck. :-(
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-15-15 06:08 AM
    Tried last night three different wifi connections and no luck. :-(
    Just curious did you try Skype?
    If Skype works and WiFi calling does not, its not a simple business decision.
    10-15-15 08:40 AM
    Just curious did you try Skype?
    If Skype works and WiFi calling does not, its not a simple business decision.
    Yes at my house on my phone viber, skype ... all works
    10-15-15 09:32 AM
    Yes at my house on my phone viber, skype ... all works
    I mean try Skype at Starbucks.
    10-15-15 10:29 AM
    Why would you need google play store for wifi calling?
    Because the Telus app for wifi calling is only available on the google store. It wasnt in Snap or Amazon and of course not in BBW either.
    10-15-15 10:42 AM
    Because the Telus app for wifi calling is only available on the google store. It wasnt in Snap or Amazon and of course not in BBW either.
    What does the app do?
    10-15-15 11:00 AM
    What does the app do?
    It allows Telus monthly account members to wifi call people, no minutes used.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-15-15 11:07 AM
    Sounds like a straight up sip client.
    10-15-15 11:20 AM
    Does it do seamless transition to carrier network?
    10-15-15 11:25 AM
    spoke to soon. Getting an error-1 message. Works on the Samsung S5 no problem but after accepting a pin code on my passport from my provider via text and upon entering the pin code, the app says an error occurred while provisioning the client even though my provider insists my phone was provisioned already. Tried asking Cobalt but he cant fix it without access to my provider as he is most likely in a different country. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can figure it out.
    10-15-15 11:56 AM
    spoke to soon. Getting an error-1 message. Works on the Samsung S5 no problem but after accepting a pin code on my passport from my provider via text and upon entering the pin code, the app says an error occurred while provisioning the client even though my provider insists my phone was provisioned already. Tried asking Cobalt but he cant fix it without access to my provider as he is most likely in a different country. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can figure it out.
    Is this TELUS Extend per chance?
    10-15-15 12:06 PM
    Is this TELUS Extend per chance?
    thats the one
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-15-15 12:32 PM
    I mean try Skype at Starbucks.
    Why? At home I don't filter anything outbound so I guess it is my phone. No?
    10-15-15 01:15 PM
    Because you said that it makes sense for Starbucks to block Wifi calling because it "Preserve internet speed and bandwidth for other customers..." but I suspect that Skype will work which would suggest that Starbuck's reason for blocking Wifi calling may not be that cut and dried.

10-15-15 02:30 PM

Ok you are saying that wifi-calling does not work anywhere?

If yes, have a look at your home router's configuration and make sure that "sip alg" or similar is disabled.
    Many routers ship with this enabled by default and it pretty much guarantees that sip won't work properly.
    10-15-15 02:34 PM
    Ok you are saying that wifi-calling does not work anywhere?

If yes, have a look at your home router's configuration and make sure that "sip alg" or similar is disabled.
    Many routers ship with this enabled by default and it pretty much guarantees that sip won't work properly.
    Thanks for your help DrBB but it never worked for me anywhere. Fido enabled wifi calling for me but I tried on three different wifi networks and couldn't get it going on any of them. So I am thinking it should work at least at my house.
    So possible points of failures may be:
    1. Fido
    2. My OS from t-mobile that includes wifi calling. But don't think it has anything to do with it, as it seems to be carrier controlled feature (if previous step was done properly).
    3. Wifi calling blocked on hot spot side? Will see if it has anything to do with my asa5505 in my house. I am connecting to an asus RT-N66U switched to AP mode. And no SIP settings anywhere to be found. So maybe something in asa blocks it.
    10-16-15 07:33 AM
42 12