Since this topic is basically in every thread already, let's hit it head on. IF you're still content with the Passport for a year or two still, then enjoy it as long as you can. I'm dual carrying in order to hang on to this wonderfully innovative device.

But if you're searching for another wide device experience to get close to the experience of the wide Passport screen, what are the widest phones out there? We know there are plenty of tall devices, but what are the widest, two hand typing devices out there?

I'll share one I found. The Xiaomi Mi Max 3 is very wide, almost as wide as the Passport. It's also very tall, but the wideness is why I wanted it. The specs are moderate, not high end. It's a "budget device", but it handles very well. The Passport ruined me for a wide device experience and now I find it hard to go with the typical "candy bar" style devices.

Have you guys found any other Passport like experiences out there in case some of us can't stay with our beloved Passport for much longer?

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-19 03:31 PM
    Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not duel carrying yet, but I expect to be getting close to that. I'll probably go for an iPhone because I dislike iOS slightly less than Android. But the price could drive me to a cheap droider in the end.

•<[{ BlackBerry Passport SE }]>•
    11-15-19 03:42 PM
    Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not duel carrying yet, but I expect to be getting close to that. I'll probably go for an iPhone because I dislike iOS slightly less than Android. But the price could drive me to a cheap droider in the end.

The base XR or 11 if carriers are running specials are excellent value. Mid-tier Android too but cost advantages not as great since I believe you can stretch 1-2 years more from an iOS device regarding updates and OS efficiencies.
    TgeekB and anon(10387168) like this.
    11-15-19 05:26 PM
    The base XR or 11 if carriers are running specials are excellent value. Mid-tier Android too but cost advantages not as great since I believe you can stretch 1-2 years more from an iOS device regarding updates and OS efficiencies.
    Agree. You can get a slightly used iPhone at an excellent price and still expect updates and good performance for quite a few years.
    11-15-19 05:49 PM
    Agree. You can get a slightly used iPhone at an excellent price and still expect updates and good performance for quite a few years.
    Yes and an iPhone 11 maybe PRO is in my future. However, anyone coming from a Passport will appreciate the gestures the 11 brings. Fondled one in the Apple store for almost 1/2 an hour and the notifications are very HUB'ish and the gestures, although not exactly like BB10, it is much closer than Android 8 and 9. Also the 11 Max is almost as wide as our Passports. Happy hunting.

Great thread topic by the way!

Disclaimer! Should the miracle that is a K3 show up, I retract all statements regarding iOS!
    Last edited by Crusader03; 11-15-19 at 08:36 PM.
    11-15-19 07:52 PM
    Thanks for the heads up.

When I was running my Key2 I never logged into Google and deleted as much Google associated crap as possible. If I needed an app I got it from apkpure/mirror, etc. It actually worked out fine for a while but I got tired of the android OS and the small screen. I wound up giving it to my kid and I went back to my Passport. I will stick with it as long as email, text, voice and camera work. For navigation I went back to a cheap Garmin Nuvi that had lifetime maps.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    12-07-19 10:58 PM
    ... For navigation I went back to a cheap Garmin Nuvi that had lifetime maps. ...
    I always recommend Magic Earth as the best navigation option with offline maps. On any platform, I have it on my iPhone and Android devices. Works great on the Passport.
    I also had very good experience with Sygic, though it cannot run the absolute latest version of that.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    12-08-19 12:29 AM
    I can't download any maps in to my passport?
    12-08-19 04:34 PM