Word of Month is the BEST advertising money can't buy!

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    01-29-15 03:39 AM
    It's great to read positive posts. Every day I check my phone for screen lift & light bleed, but nothing. Thank God. Phew!...

I've enjoyed using this phone more & more each day, since getting it early November, & the keyboard is fantastic, with all the swiping etc. The extra width to the Q10 did take me some getting used to, but like before, I still reply to almost all of my emails on my Passport.

I just wish there was more active advertising out there of some sort, so more people could learn about what a great product we have here. I'm sick of reading, & hearing, of Apple's billions in profits. I want to hear about Blackberry's massive turnaround!

Great post Op...

Posted on CB10 with my Passport but previously my Q10
    01-29-15 03:40 AM
    Very interesting write up. Thanks, OP.

I don't have the passport myself (yet, anyway). Reading about its features intrigues me though. The "w" and "1" picture caught my attention and it got me wondering.

Attachment 330309
    ... For example: if you swipe down on the keyboard, you can press "w" to select "1" instead of stretching your finger to touch the touch-screen..... .
    I have a question:

If you just touch (not press) the physical "w" key, does the "1" key on the virtual keyboard let you know (by highlighting itself, for example) that your finger is over the "w", thus allowing you to keep your eyes on the virtual keyboard while typing out the numbers using the physical one?

I tried to figure this out by watching passport videos, but it's hard to tell if this is the case or not. The "highlight" I do see appears to happen as a result of the physical key press, not touch.
    01-29-15 04:43 AM

I don't have the passport myself (yet, anyway). Reading about its features intrigues me though. The "w" and "1" picture caught my attention and it got me wondering.

I have a question:

If you just touch (not press) the physical "w" key, does the "1" key on the virtual keyboard let you know (by highlighting itself, for example) that your finger is over the "w", thus allowing you to keep your eyes on the virtual keyboard while typing out the numbers using the physical one?

I tried to figure this out by watching passport videos, but it's hard to tell if this is the case or not. The "highlight" I do see appears to happen as a result of the physical key press, not touch.
    No, it doesn't.

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    01-29-15 05:15 AM

I have a question:

Nah, it doesn't highlight if you are touching and not pressing. It highlights when you press.

Via The Passport.
    01-29-15 06:20 AM
    Great write up OP. Thanks for the tip about the keyboard. Didn't know that. Cool feature. Love the Passport. Loved the Z30 before that. I am having more fun with the Passport. The keyboard is awesome. For me the Passport has been a super cool experience. Just a great fun phone to use and have. It is what it is. What will be next...?! BlackBerry
    I had 3 people ask me today, why BlackBerry wasn't advertising these phones? I said well, the truth is, BlackBerry is not really good at advertising.

Via The Passport.
    01-29-15 02:38 PM
    The darkside rules! Passport the best ever!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:59 PM
    What an original and glorious tribute to the Passport! Thanks for sharing.
    01-29-15 09:39 PM
    What an original and glorious tribute to the Passport! Thanks for sharing.
    You're welcome. I hope more people share their story

Via The Passport.
    01-30-15 07:43 AM
    this story is a good light on a gloomy day...thanks for posting it.
    01-30-15 10:51 AM
    You guys are killing me. I have 6 more months left on my Q10, a company phone and I desperately want a Passport. The Q10 is a great phone, but you guys have converted me to having a Passport. Guess I will have to wait a little bit longer.

Posted via CB10
    I traded my Z10 in for a Z30 12 months ahead of time. Because it was a company phone, my penalty was only $10/month. So for $120 I've been rocking my Z30 for the last 12 months instead of only making a trade now. Perhaps you can inquire? is it worth $60 to you to upgrade early?
    01-30-15 11:20 AM
    I'll just stop with the fact that I wrote this post without using the backspace button once.
    I love that! Awesome!
    01-30-15 11:29 AM
    Very cool post! I'm glad you like your Passport. Since I received mine, I haven't wanted any other phone, and I can't see that changing as long as the Passport is functional.
    01-30-15 11:37 AM
    have you found a way to keep the virtual number screen locked when typing a string of numbers from the keyboard? Every time I do this and hit a key, the virtual keyboard disappears again...

Great post
    01-30-15 11:38 AM
    Great write up. Young people I've encountered tell me that its the coolest thing they ever saw. Ironically, older folks make fun of me by telling me that I should have an iphone. These older folks actually ask me why I haven't switched to iphone as if I could not afford one or something. Very weird that herd mentality.
    01-30-15 11:48 AM
    New things learnt everyday. Thanks for the tip on 'w' to 1 keymapping .
    Honestly speaking when I saw the title Touchscreen God, I thought of some selfobsessed fanboy, but 3 lines down the article (and pictures of course) I had to change my opinion.
    Very nice and honest -heartfelt -happy feeling review. I can share the joy of holding it 1st time. Had loved the steel rim and keyboard . Great ..😃
    01-30-15 12:47 PM
    this story is a good light on a gloomy day...thanks for posting it.
    You welcome

Via The Passport.
    01-30-15 02:39 PM
    have you found a way to keep the virtual number screen locked when typing a string of numbers from the keyboard? Every time I do this and hit a key, the virtual keyboard disappears again...

Great post
    Nah, no way yet. The virtual keys stay as long as you keep typing without pressing the space button.

Via The Passport.
    01-30-15 02:56 PM
    When I click on the number icon in the keyboard it just show me a list of numbers with NO letter headers, any idea how I change that??

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 03:05 PM
    Great post. But how does it work with the numbers? When my virtual numbers pup op there are no letters in it.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 03:22 PM
    Great post. But how does it work with the numbers? When my virtual numbers pup op there are no letters in it.

Posted via CB10
    I think the letter mapping only shows when the virtual keyboard is invoked by swiping down on the keyboard. If you just press the '@123' virtual button to show the numbers, it doesn't show the key mapping. But I still haven't found a way to type multiple numbers in a row using the key mapping.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 03:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    You have to swipe down on the keyboard, then if you hit a letter on your physical keyboard, it corresponds with the number or symbol on the virtual keyboard.

Via The Passport.
    01-30-15 03:51 PM
    I think the letter mapping only shows when the virtual keyboard is invoked by swiping down on the keyboard. If you just press the '@123' virtual button to show the numbers, it doesn't show the key mapping. But I still haven't found a way to type multiple numbers in a row using the key mapping.

Posted via CB10
    After swiping down to get the key mapping, hold the @123 down while pressing keys. The mapping will be held in place.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    01-30-15 03:55 PM
    Oh my god!

Q10 \m/
    01-30-15 04:10 PM
    I use the sketchbook pro app. It's android. Works well. I used a stylus pen for the drawing above. At times I just use my fingers.

Via The Passport.
    Excellent, thanks for the reply! And nice work. My iPad mini just got sad.
    01-30-15 04:18 PM
54 123