On UK TV we are bombarded with adverts for Samsung Galaxy and I-phones. But not a sign of BlackBerry.

Just because there are us loyal BlackBerry users that are eager to see new releases and improvements in the brand, why does BlackBerry think that every one else knows about them?

Without a significant advertising campaign I just don't think BlackBerry will ever really recover, they will just tread water as the general public actually think that BlackBerry has gone forever.

I am very happy with my Z30 and may later get a Passport (but would prefer no physical keyboard - I'm sure that a passport sized touchscreen would be a real winner).

These is just my own opinion.

Posted via CB10
    notnomde likes this.
    10-11-14 06:50 PM
    The passport wasn't created for the general consumer, it's for business customers, it's just a bonus for all us that you can buy the devices from places such as carphone warehouse.

However it would be very nice to see a huge advertising campaign showing off just what the bb10 devices are really capable of, but to be honest, I don't think we'll see any campaigns until the release of the classic.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 06:56 PM
    I generally agree with you. However the general public typically now use their phone for both business and personal use. And many businesses users have a choice of what phone they want their company to give them.

Also, with the capability of running Android apps etc, this phone should be getting much more attraction for private use (just read this forum).

Posted via CB10
    step07 likes this.
    10-11-14 07:02 PM
    My guess is if we see adverts at all, it will likely be AFTER they replenish and stabilize their stock to carriers and wholesale resellers like ShopBlackBerry and Amazon.

In all honesty after they have had the sales they've had, I wouldn't be surprised to see them start rolling them out once they get stock!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-11-14 07:03 PM
    My guess is if we see adverts at all, it will likely be AFTER they replenish and stabilize their stock to carriers and wholesale resellers like ShopBlackBerry and Amazon.

In all honesty after they have had the sales they've had, I wouldn't be surprised to see them start rolling them out once they get stock!

Because there is nothing to sell but VIP version and the over price one on the market right now
    10-11-14 11:47 PM
    There has only been advertising for Z10 and it flopped.
    Z30 was never advertised. Not even in Toronto. Until recently, you could not find it in any Toronto stores, so why should we expect that they will advertise now?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:13 AM
    Blackberry expects to use its customers to do their advertising. It has been like that for years.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:24 AM
    They are advertised in the Highlife magazine on British Airways flights!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:59 AM
    10-12-14 03:03 AM
    Because there is nothing to sell but VIP version and the over price one on the market right now
    Not sure about everyone else, but the Passport is most certainly not overpriced! It's an amazing phone and easily worth more than an iPhone which is totally not 'cheap.

notnomde likes this.
    10-12-14 09:15 AM
    They are probably smart to not advertise here in AT&T country. There would be angry lynch mobs burning down local stores if more people knew about it. The AT&T community forum is already getting heated!
    10-12-14 09:19 AM
    Money

Posted via CB/Q10
    10-12-14 09:26 AM
    There has only been advertising for Z10 and it flopped.
    Z30 was never advertised. Not even in Toronto. Until recently, you could not find it in any Toronto stores, so why should we expect that they will advertise now?

Posted via CB10
    The Z10 advertising was horrible, and sparse. They made a super bowl ad that barely even showed the phone, let alone what it did or why people should care about it. It was literally the only time I ever saw the ad on TV. Then they had a poorly acted ad for BBM that I saw a few times.

Let's face it, the squares at BlackBerry just don't know how to hire the right marketing people, let alone what their message actually is. The recent Passport ad I saw somewhere here on CB was the best thing I've seen from BB in years.
    10-12-14 09:31 AM
    This is a great ad...though it's not a BlackBerry ad. It just happens to feature the latest BB phone.
    10-12-14 09:32 AM
    Amazon has one of the largest audiences in the world, yet it has still advertised their new Fire Phone on TV.

Basically the power of advertising will make or break this type of product.

I never saw one advert for the Z10 or Z30, yet as a personal communications device they are probably the best for both private and business use.

My wife and I have a Z10 and Z30; BBM is fantastic between these devices and as my contract is with "Three", I can use all the data I want with no roaming charges from the USA.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 06:04 PM