I had one before this z10 and have loved both....i probably would still have it if I hadn't dropped it into a puddle of water and it was never the same afterwards and gave it to my daughter she rocked it for a good while and loved it.

Great phone a lot of people here (Jamaica) are still on BB7 devices and 9900 is still Uber popular

Via Digicel 10.3.1.1779
    05-17-15 07:20 PM
    Having a classic now I can honestly say I liked my 9900 far better and would still be using it if it didn't start failing.

It was more customizable, bug free and had all the apps I needed. It made more sense, example, when looking at a missed call in what is now called the hub, you just hit the green phone key to return the call. The Classic takes you to the contact list??? What sense does that make??? Same with placing a call from the call logs. The caller id worked when on a call and it was easy to answer the other line and bridge the two together if you needed to. You have to know how to do it with the Classic vs it being all on screen with the 9900. Again, user friendly and made sense.

Not to mention, locking the device locked the screen and keyboard, then you could safely put it in your pocket. The Classic only locks the screen, again, what sense does that make???

Lastly, the Classic is larger and sticks up out of my shirt pocket... I hate that...

The Classic, I like the Bluetooth tells me in my ear who's calling and the ability to load android apps. It also surfs faster on the mobile network but I mostly use Wifi so not much difference there. Classic also has longer batter life but I plug it into the car and laptop out of years of 9900 habit...

Instead of BB taking what was good and making it better they started over which again, makes no sense...

That's my $00.02
    I can't believe I'm doing this but here goes...

1. Hitting a missed call in the hub doesn't take you to the contact screen, it takes you to all the call history from that person, so you can see how many missed calls and at which time, and if you want to text, callback or view their contact card. Or hold the missed call and hit callback right away, or use the independent call button only available on the classic...

2. It locks both the screen and keys, except for speed dial and unlocking with U. It makes perfect sense. I never understood people who complain about pocket dialing, why don't you leave your phone facing outward in your pocket? Or how about not crushing your phone when it's in your pocket? How do you even manage pocket dialing?

Anyway I quit. 9900 users are just unbelievably used to their old ways and anything that challenged their old ideas is deemed 'senseless ' to them.
    05-17-15 07:26 PM
    If a 9900 does everything you want it to, why change it? Give it a few years and my Passport will be old and obsolete, but you'll still only get it away from me by prying it out of my cold dead hands long after that.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-17-15 07:33 PM
    There is a part of everyone that has used a 9900 that misses that keyboard. It was the best one I have used. The Passport is a close second. When I had my 9900, it didn't use as much data as my z10 and my Passport used. That's what I missed the most.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 08:42 PM
    As much as I liked the form factor of the 9900 the battery life was terrible and I actually used my 9700 for 2 years versus giving up on the 9900 after 8 months. To be fair that was the time when Windows and Android phones were taking off and I got drawn away by the $350 Nexus 4 which blew away my 9900 that I was paying $400 for after a rebate and discount.

Not sure how people can depend on that phone without having to carry extra batteries. I think the Q10 has a better keyboard too and the metal construction on it is understated because of the dark coloring.

Moto X 2014 / Q10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-17-15 10:30 PM
    1. Hitting a missed call in the hub doesn't take you to the contact screen, it takes you to all the call history from that person, so you can see how many missed calls and at which time, and if you want to text, callback or view their contact card. Or hold the missed call and hit callback right away, or use the independent call button only available on the classic...
    That was an old post you quoted and the Classic has grown on me some since but what I was referring to was hitting the green phone button on the toolbelt. With the 9900 it would return the call. This is handy when driving etc... Highlight the missed call, hit the green phone button and presto... They're on the phone. OS 10 as you state takes you to the missed call log. Perhaps that's fine for the menu or one of the other buttons but you need a quick way to simply return a call and fewer steps saves time and effort...

2. It locks both the screen and keys, except for speed dial and unlocking with U. It makes perfect sense. I never understood people who complain about pocket dialing, why don't you leave your phone facing outward in your pocket? Or how about not crushing your phone when it's in your pocket? How do you even manage pocket dialing?
    Not sure if there's a right way to carry a phone in the pocket but I face mines in to protect the screen. I would think facing it out as you suggest makes the screen more vulnerable but we each have our own theories. However, lock your phone and press the D, R, W and several other keys. There are more keys that unlocks the phone than just the U. But you're right that setting a password eliminates **** dialing, however this was not a problem with the 9900 because the keyboard completely locked and was only unlocked with the unlock button. I believe that made more sense... You could also start entering the password from what's now called the "locked screen" and it would take you automatically to the password entry screen. Again, saves a step which creates efficiency when done many times per day... But these things are easily fixed if BB wanted to fix them...

Anyway I quit. 9900 users are just unbelievably used to their old ways and anything that challenged their old ideas is deemed 'senseless ' to them.
    I do find many things better with the Classic which I did mention a couple in my post, however I'm more realistic what I consider better. But the few things I mention regarding the 9900 are legitimate to me. I think OS 10 is a good start and can be improved if the beta testers would give honest feedback (not we love anything you do answers) and BB listens to their feedback.

I do miss the size of my 9900, that thing fit my hand and pockets like no other phone I've had before or since...
    05-17-15 11:11 PM
    If a 9900 does everything you want it to, why change it?
    Posted via CB10
    Mines started dying, the speaker went out so I had to have a headset to take a call and the batter dies at about 50%. Not bad for a 2 or 3 year old phone!!!
    05-17-15 11:13 PM
    As much as I liked the form factor of the 9900 the battery life was terrible ... <snip>
    You nailed that one, I actually put my car charger in the glovebox and don't recall droping below 40% on any given day. I love the battery life of the Classic, it's the best I've had to date...

But I don't like how the classic sticks up out of my shirt pocket, kind of reminds me of the guys with the pocket protectors... Really a nerdy look...
    05-17-15 11:16 PM
    9900/9930 is a great phone that does exactly what 90% of what its user need. It is basic with a few bells and whistles and is a solid built phone. Majority of users are not playing games, watching videos, or social media addicts. They are getting secure email and texts that are both business and personal from a device that doesn't need an app to run everything. The folks that use the Bold 9900/9930 are professionals.
    Soapm, Trauma Surgeon and alb101 like this.
    05-18-15 04:43 AM
    Simplicity is key.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 05:58 AM
    Having a classic now I can honestly say I liked my 9900 far better and would still be using it if it didn't start failing.

It was more customizable, bug free and had all the apps I needed. It made more sense, example, when looking at a missed call in what is now called the hub, you just hit the green phone key to return the call. The Classic takes you to the contact list??? What sense does that make??? Same with placing a call from the call logs. The caller id worked when on a call and it was easy to answer the other line and bridge the two together if you needed to. You have to know how to do it with the Classic vs it being all on screen with the 9900. Again, user friendly and made sense.

Not to mention, locking the device locked the screen and keyboard, then you could safely put it in your pocket. The Classic only locks the screen, again, what sense does that make???

Lastly, the Classic is larger and sticks up out of my shirt pocket... I hate that...

The Classic, I like the Bluetooth tells me in my ear who's calling and the ability to load android apps. It also surfs faster on the mobile network but I mostly use Wifi so not much difference there. Classic also has longer batter life but I plug it into the car and laptop out of years of 9900 habit...

Instead of BB taking what was good and making it better they started over which again, makes no sense...

That's my $00.02
    I totally agree. I had a 9900, got a Z10, then a Z30, then the Classic, now back to the Z30, but I may go back to my 9900. I was hoping the Classic would be a modernized version of the 9900 (more speed, better camera, etc.) but it isn't in my opinion. As was said above, if you want a very intuitive, efficient phone for making calls, texting, and emailing, the 9900 is still the best BB. I don't think that BB10 is a stable as OS7, and my Z30 does weird things when I need it most (like hangs, and/or freezes until I clear it up), and I always have to make sure it is turned off so it doesn't pocket dial. But I am liking the virtual keyboard on the Z30 probably better than the keys on the 9900
    05-18-15 06:11 AM
    Pocket Dial? Just lock the screen no?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 06:52 AM
    There should be an option of using BIS on BB10

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 07:11 AM
    You nailed that one, I actually put my car charger in the glovebox and don't recall droping below 40% on any given day. I love the battery life of the Classic, it's the best I've had to date...

But I don't like how the classic sticks up out of my shirt pocket, kind of reminds me of the guys with the pocket protectors... Really a nerdy look...
    Not at all today, today its expected that you do have a real phone and are connected. I think a phone sticking up out of a button down shirt says that you are connected, in the grove.
    05-18-15 04:29 PM
    Because the 9900 was the Best device RIM ever made .
    In last decade.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-18-15 04:34 PM
    And BlackBerry has produced nothing new that is a compelling upgrade for long-time 9900 users?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 12:12 AM
    a lot of people, especially celebrities and people that need to keep communications private are using the 9900's still because
    of pgp service
    Wait, the 9900 has built-in pgp?

Awesome! Screenshots please.

Posted from q10, excuse me for not having any typos.
    05-19-15 12:58 AM
    9900 is still arguably the most beautiful phone BlackBerry designed. I owned it for 8 months with its buggy OS and pathetic battery life just because of the attention it used to get.

Shiny bezels,back lighted track pad,curvy sensous design and an elegant back panel.List is endless. It failed in all other areas expect craftsmanship

Sent from Passport
    05-19-15 05:59 AM
    Because 9900 is the best of legacy BlackBerry and still does the basic job well. I keep it mainly for nostalgia of bbos

Passport is the best of current BlackBerry bbX which is still evolving but able to keep up with current android and ios
    05-19-15 10:31 AM
    When my Q10 was sent for repairs due the double typing, they gave me a 9900 as a spare device. Having using it before, immediately, I can feel that typing on the 9900 was faster then the Q10.

Missed the typing experience on the 9900.

Via Passport and Classic
    Soapm likes this.
    05-19-15 10:37 AM
    Poverty is still a worldwide issue.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    05-22-15 09:55 AM
46 12