We have now the great Passport and also the Classic, but I realized that lots of people, even most of the celebrities that still use blackberry use 9900. Why? What is on 9900 better than the passport?
    It is not a complain, I really want to know.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    04-15-15 12:56 AM
    We have now the great Passport and also the Classic, but I realized that lots of people, even most of the celebrities that still use blackberry use 9900. Why? What is on 9900 better than the passport?
    It is not a complain, I really want to know.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    What's better...or different:
    From the Passport vs 9900: size, you can use one hand to do all the stuff needed.
    Classic vs 9900: better build quality and size.
    But I think BIS is important to them too. Maybe they don't even know BB10 is out...

Posted via Q10Bold
    Last edited by Q10Bold; 04-15-15 at 02:28 AM.
    04-15-15 01:09 AM
    Lots of people just don't need the extras. They just need quick and easy messaging, email, Twitter, etc. I have a 9900 that I keep as a spare phone. Of all the devices RIM/Blackberry has made over the years, I only have three favorites: my original RIM 850, the 9900, and my Passport. And one thing impressed me with all three...the build quality.

-- Passport, VMO, Toronto CA
    Magnetox likes this.
    04-15-15 02:25 AM
    I wish the 9900 would just get on board with BlackBerry 10 and use the Classic, but it's up to everyone individually.

The 9900 is archaic compared to the Classic, and I'd take a Classic over a 9900 any day. I do with the Classic trackpad lit up though.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 02:58 AM
    Inb4usualsuspect

Anyway, long contracts might be part of it.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 02:59 AM
    Although I've used the Z10, Z30, Q10 and now the Passport, there's a part of me that thinks the 9900 was and will always be the true BlackBerry. It's so crap in so many ways, but so damn good as well. I still touch mine every now and then...

...eleven BlackBerrys and counting....
    04-15-15 03:31 AM
    Having a classic now I can honestly say I liked my 9900 far better and would still be using it if it didn't start failing.

It was more customizable, bug free and had all the apps I needed. It made more sense, example, when looking at a missed call in what is now called the hub, you just hit the green phone key to return the call. The Classic takes you to the contact list??? What sense does that make??? Same with placing a call from the call logs. The caller id worked when on a call and it was easy to answer the other line and bridge the two together if you needed to. You have to know how to do it with the Classic vs it being all on screen with the 9900. Again, user friendly and made sense.

Not to mention, locking the device locked the screen and keyboard, then you could safely put it in your pocket. The Classic only locks the screen, again, what sense does that make???

Lastly, the Classic is larger and sticks up out of my shirt pocket... I hate that...

The Classic, I like the Bluetooth tells me in my ear who's calling and the ability to load android apps. It also surfs faster on the mobile network but I mostly use Wifi so not much difference there. Classic also has longer batter life but I plug it into the car and laptop out of years of 9900 habit...

Instead of BB taking what was good and making it better they started over which again, makes no sense...

That's my $00.02
    04-15-15 03:59 AM
    You know to be honest I really didn't know about the Passport or the Classic until I lost my Bold 9000. As I was shopping for a new replacement device that's how I got introduced to BB10. IMHO it could be due to lack of advertising.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 04:31 AM
    I went from 9900 to Passport. What I miss about the 9900 is the BIS. I had never went over 500mb of data and now with BB10, I easily hit 1GB.

I only keep my 9900 to use my other twitter accounts. It was a spur of the moment to purchase the Passport and I don't regret it.

The classic is the other one I considered... but the Passport is so different and the red passport just stands out.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 09:52 AM
    I wish the 9900 would just get on board with BlackBerry 10 and use the Classic, but it's up to everyone individually.

The 9900 is archaic compared to the Classic, and I'd take a Classic over a 9900 any day. I do with the Classic trackpad lit up though.

Posted via CB10
    I did love the way the 9900 felt in the hand
    geo1nah2a likes this.
    04-15-15 12:40 PM
    I went from a 9000 to a 9900 to a Z10 and then Passport. Honestly, the 9900 felt the best in my hand and just worked. It was my favourite BlackBerry ever.

Posted via CB10
    djtim and Soapm like this.
    04-15-15 01:02 PM
    a lot of people, especially celebrities and people that need to keep communications private are using the 9900's still because
    of pgp service
    04-16-15 06:38 AM
    Because the 9900 was the Best device RIM ever made .
    Matt J likes this.
    04-16-15 06:49 AM
    It made more sense, example, when looking at a missed call in what is now called the hub, you just hit the green phone key to return the call. The Classic takes you to the contact list??? What sense does that make???
    Nope - hitting a missed call in the hub offers you a green return call icon (marked as default action) or an icon to bring up the contact card (if available, alternatively the option to add a new contact). OS 10.3.1.2582, Classic
    04-16-15 07:34 AM
    Nope - hitting a missed call in the hub offers you a green return call icon (marked as default action) or an icon to bring up the contact card (if available, alternatively the option to add a new contact). OS 10.3.1.2582, Classic
    OK I think I can see now what you were talking about.
    When hitting the phone key from 'outside' of the missed call in the hub, it will bring yo to the call log (not the contact list).

I think this is logical, as the phone key brings you to the call log from basically everywhere. This is just how the entire OS works. If the hub was an exception, there would be even more people complaining.
    So 2 quick presses of the trackpad will instantly return a missed call from the hub - not too cumbersome.
    And there are lots of other nice instant actions that you can perform against a missed call from within the hub. Not too bad, imho.
    04-16-15 07:59 AM
    The 9900 is/was a fantastic model phone. I went from this to the z10 then to Passport.. and while i love them all, that last 'normal' keyboard device was very very good.

Posted via CB10
    cc8820 likes this.
    04-16-15 10:37 AM
    I had a 9900 and I liked it so much I repaired the screen when it was cracked. I ended up getting the body replaced so it was red and gold. It was a pretty sweet looking device.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 11:00 AM
    Those people appreciate a keyboard and it works for them. Dig deeper? They are not brainwashed into needing a new phone every 2 years.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    anon9347040 likes this.
    04-16-15 11:12 AM
    Every time I see a thread about the 9900 it just makes me want to have one again. Dont know how I would like it after being spoiled with the passports magical powers...

Posted via International Passport
    04-16-15 11:48 AM
    I see, hitting the trackpad gives me the green button you mention. Two steps to do what used to be one...

I was talking about hitting the phone button on the toolbelt which now takes you to the phone logs??? Not sure why since the HUB told you the call was missed. The 9900 would return the call. Hitting the track pad on the 9900 gave you other options of communicating with the caller (text, other number etc...). I prefer the 9900 behavior, it made more sense and less distracting to me.

Also, I don't find an easy way to return to the HUB from the call logs. And once back in you're taken to the top of the HUB instead of your previous place. Now you have to re-read everything you already read to get back to your place.

I know these are little things but it's the little things that make the difference in the smartphone competition. Less steps means fewer interactions with the device which equals more productivity at the end of the day.
    04-16-15 11:50 AM
    I think this is logical, as the phone key brings you to the call log from basically everywhere. This is just how the entire OS works. If the hub was an exception, there would be even more people complaining..
    I disagree, hitting the phone button while a number is selected should logically mean I want to call them. That was the behavior of all the previous BBOS that I remember and I don't recall it being a point of contention. Anytime you hit the phone button and a number was highlighted it called the number. You hit the trackpad if you wanted to do something other than call.

I suspect this change has to do with the "non-tool belt" devices using this same OS but that's why some of us choose a tool belt device. We want dedicated keys that save us steps. But that's where this less customizable OS limits us, we can't program the device to look and behave the way we want it to work. We have to accept it with factory defaults or use another device.
    04-16-15 12:04 PM
    Every time I see a thread about the 9900 it just makes me want to have one again. Dont know how I would like it after being spoiled with the passports magical powers...

Posted via International Passport
    I have a brand new one from Telus....and you know what: I love it. Its only my USA device (I am from Europe) but it sits as my Clock on my desk. The best of the best!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-16-15 03:31 PM
    I still use it for the BIS email.. no hassle comparing to 10 OS

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 06:56 PM
    I still use a 9900, although it's work-issued.

Excellent work tool.

For other stuff I have my personal Android devices.
    05-17-15 07:04 PM
    Because it works and is efficient. Spares and batteries are cheap. AND Blackberry has offered 9900 users nothing compelling as an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    05-17-15 07:09 PM
46 12