Just down loaded about 15 songs of normal file sizes to my Passports internal memory took 2 + hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was using the wifi connection. Yesterday I tried a direct connection USB2 drive from my desk top I gave up after 30 minutes and only one song transferred in that time WTF am I doing wrong?
    03-17-17 11:15 PM
    Are you doing this via cable? I'd save the music to your SD card (to keep it portable)... I've not had any slow experiences downloading music to my Passport.
    Cables are always fastest, in my experience.
    03-18-17 07:33 AM
    In my experience is so fast and for 15 songs I think it should be downloaded within just seconds

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 07:37 AM
    Lol. Yes it's the Passports fault.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 11:27 AM
    Lol. Yes it's the Passports fault.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I am absolutly certain I am doing something wrong, the Passport is fantastic, if all else fails I guess I could get a separate SD card
    03-18-17 08:39 PM
    I had this issue as well with my Passport. Check your antivirus software on your computer. For me it turned out to be Microsoft Security Essentials real-time scanner.

I had the Passport mapped as a network drive via wifi (and I had tried via USB). I made the mapped drive as an excluded location in MSE and it sped things up drastically. Might not be the same issue you are having but worth a shot.
    03-18-17 09:32 PM
    Just find your music folder on the Passport when you connect via USB. Cables are always faster. I can't think of one reason you'd have a problem, unless you have an uber-cheapo cable... if nothing else, toss the SD card into an adapter and pop it into your laptop. Should be as fast as is possible with whatever card you have.
    03-18-17 09:54 PM
    Just find your music folder on the Passport when you connect via USB. Cables are always faster. I can't think of one reason you'd have a problem, unless you have an uber-cheapo cable... if nothing else, toss the SD card into an adapter and pop it into your laptop. Should be as fast as is possible with whatever card you have.
    Yep tried that to, also swapped usb cables same result
    03-19-17 12:25 AM
    I had this issue as well with my Passport. Check your antivirus software on your computer. For me it turned out to be Microsoft Security Essentials real-time scanner.

I had the Passport mapped as a network drive via wifi (and I had tried via USB). I made the mapped drive as an excluded location in MSE and it sped things up drastically. Might not be the same issue you are having but worth a shot.
    Sounded hopeful but unfortunately no cigar, excluded the Z drive and passport and the source files but still the same.
    03-19-17 12:36 AM
    So familiar... Also, sometimes something strange happens with USB driver, so copying can abort at any moment. You can try this for your own risk:
    1.Go to the engineering screen
    2.Find OS Engineering screen -> USB
    3.Change current mode to one that has 'mtp' in caption
    This will turn on normal file transfer via MTP, so you can connect your phone to any computer without driver (no driver - no glitches).
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 01:01 AM
    So familiar... Also, sometimes something strange happens with USB driver, so copying can abort at any moment. You can try this for your own risk:
    1.Go to the engineering screen
    2.Find OS Engineering screen -> USB
    3.Change current mode to one that has 'mtp' in caption
    This will turn on normal file transfer via MTP, so you can connect your phone to any computer without driver (no driver - no glitches).
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Engineering screen? where is that?
    03-19-17 02:11 AM
    Engineering screen? where is that?
    Open browser and go to escreen:/ or go to settings -> about and press keys 'E', 'S', 'C', 'R'. Now you need to generate special code. Search the site, there are some threads/tutorials. About passport: from 10.3.3 you can easily enter the code and access the engineering screen. But, on 10.3.2 there is an issue: you can't use codes with letters. In this case try to generate a code with numbers only or with single letter at start. I've been struggling with this for a long time. Notice that changing some settings there can easily break your phone. Good luck.
    Why is it so painfully slow to down load music to my Passport?-img_20170319_121446.png
    Why is it so painfully slow to down load music to my Passport?-img_20170319_121432.png
    Why is it so painfully slow to down load music to my Passport?-img_20170319_121425.png

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 05:15 AM
    OP,
    I download music to my pp quite frequently and usually within a second after clicking "save" proper folder, the songs already downloaded.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    03-19-17 03:06 PM
    Yep tried that to, also swapped usb cables same result
    The Passport will read from the SD card, yah? So, there IS no file transfer, correct? Saving to the SD card on your laptop eliminates any file transfer need, from there, to the phone.

?
    03-19-17 07:32 PM
    The Passport will read from the SD card, yah? So, there IS no file transfer, correct? Saving to the SD card on your laptop eliminates any file transfer need, from there, to the phone.

?
    No SD card in the phone yet but I think I will get one for it soon, yes that maybe the only easy way to do it
    03-19-17 09:36 PM
    Open browser and go to escreen:/ or go to settings -> about and press keys 'E', 'S', 'C', 'R'. Now you need to generate special code. Search the site, there are some threads/tutorials. About passport: from 10.3.3 you can easily enter the code and access the engineering screen. But, on 10.3.2 there is an issue: you can't use codes with letters. In this case try to generate a code with numbers only or with single letter at start. I've been struggling with this for a long time. Notice that changing some settings there can easily break your phone. Good luck.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170319_121446.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	419758

Name:	IMG_20170319_121432.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	419759

Name:	IMG_20170319_121425.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	419761

Posted via CB10
    Seems really odd that BB10 OS link software cant deal with Window 10 USB protocols or the WiFi direct to the desktop? a real fail on BB Rims part.
    There is absolutely nothing odd with my Desktop Dell Precision work station and the BB10 OS is new, just upgraded to 10.3.3 from 10.3.2 same result for both.
    I guess it could be a Win10 thing but you would expect that to be sorted pretty quick if it was a bug.
    03-19-17 09:41 PM
    No SD card in the phone yet but I think I will get one for it soon, yes that maybe the only easy way to do it
    It seems I thought you were already doing that... why have music on anything that's not portable? Go with the SD and take a big detour ➡ around the phone-re-engineering. 👌
    03-19-17 10:16 PM
    Seems really odd that BB10 OS link software cant deal with Window 10 USB protocols or the WiFi direct to the desktop? a real fail on BB Rims part.
    There is absolutely nothing odd with my Desktop Dell Precision work station and the BB10 OS is new, just upgraded to 10.3.3 from 10.3.2 same result for both.
    I guess it could be a Win10 thing but you would expect that to be sorted pretty quick if it was a bug.
    A while back, a windows 10 update broke Links functionality and BlackBerry hasn't bothered to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 10:22 PM
    A while back, a windows 10 update broke Links functionality and BlackBerry hasn't bothered to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    I am guessing that this is my answer, MS probably doesn't consider BB much of a user base to be concerned about but still a little suprised at BB lack of update to this given MS win 10 will be the predominant desktop going forward.
    SD card it will be, cheap as chips and can save on system memory.
    03-20-17 12:11 AM
  20. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I can't see it

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-20-17 01:46 AM
    I use an OTG cable to quickly transfer music files from an android tablet to my Passport. StarTech makes a good one, it's inexpensive, fast, and instantly recognized when plugged in. I keep a thumbnail-size SanDisk drive plugged into it so I don't have to pull out any SD cards.
    03-21-17 10:52 AM
    You said 'Z' drive? Pretty sure that's a virtual drive that's accessed via wifi then to the internal memory. I seem to remember from when I first got my Classic 2 years ago that it was horribly slow to transfer anything that way. I suffered through it once, and disabled it from ever happening again. The BlackBerry desktop software creates that drive, I think.

Absolute best method is USB cable and set up your connection as Mass Storage Mode.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    03-21-17 02:24 PM
    Functionality has been compromised in the latest update. My advise would be to either utilize the SD card to load your music and then put it in the phone or else revert back to 10.3.2
    03-21-17 03:37 PM