I like to try different things. Not extreme but things others don't do or have. I had one of the old Blueberry 7250s when I started teaching in 97. Had a few over the years. I've had my Passport working since Monday. Every time I use it my colleagues ask what it is and I tell them "a Blackberry". All I get back is "those are old school, nobody uses those anymore Coach, what happened to your iphone 6, you can't anything on those things etc" Then I have my students ask me what it is and I say Blackberry. They reply "whats that?" Why do we live in a country where if you aren't rocking an iphone or Galaxy you are "old, don't know tech, aren't hip?
    miker476 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    09-17-15 12:37 PM
    People really are STUPID. Look at our leaders in Washington DC. They live like kings and are STUPID PEOPLE. Its amazing that they can figure out that we need BB for business and government security. Even Hilary Clinton figured that out and she is by far the moron of the century.
    09-17-15 12:42 PM
    People really are STUPID. Look at our leaders in Washington DC. They live like kings and are STUPID PEOPLE. Its amazing that they can figure out that we need BB for business and government security.
    The art teacher was having a phone comparison with me during yesterdays faculty meeting (yeah we sit in the back and veg)
    He was excited about his update and wanted me to see what I was missing. Dude, I still have my 6! Obviously I'm not missing anything. Said he would never get a real keyboard because they break. Ummm, I've broken a few iphone screens!
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    09-17-15 12:47 PM
    I like to try different things. Not extreme but things others don't do or have. I had one of the old Blueberry 7250s when I started teaching in 97. Had a few over the years. I've had my Passport working since Monday. Every time I use it my colleagues ask what it is and I tell them "a Blackberry". All I get back is "those are old school, nobody uses those anymore Coach, what happened to your iphone 6, you can't anything on those things etc" Then I have my students ask me what it is and I say Blackberry. They reply "whats that?" Why do we live in a country where if you aren't rocking an iphone or Galaxy you are "old, don't know tech, aren't hip?
    That's not hate, that's ignorance. Same brand of ignorance exhibited by phone company employees who tell you that BlackBerry went bankrupt and do not make phones anymore, or folks who see you using a BlackBerry and exclaim "Oh! I didn't know BlackBerry was still around."
    09-17-15 03:17 PM
    I was told by a verizon rep yesterday that Blackberry hadn't had a new model in 3 years and that the LTE on my Tmobile phone wasn't really LTE.

I told him to look up the classic and he found it, they just didn't have it. He was intrigued by my passport and he had heard of it. He clarified and said that there were no new Verizon blackberries but then he realized that was wrong too.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 03:32 PM
    People really are STUPID. Look at our leaders in Washington DC. They live like kings and are STUPID PEOPLE. Its amazing that they can figure out that we need BB for business and government security. Even Hilary Clinton figured that out and she is by far the moron of the century.
    And how old are you?

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    09-17-15 03:41 PM
    Hmmm Stupidity and ignorance ... REALLY... we are talking smartphones folks... why if a device does what you want and you are happy with it... are you stupid or ignorant... seems to me those who throw around these terns need to look in the mirror and ask "who is stupid or ignorant one".... if you want to talk about hate.. take a long hard look... with hundreds of millions happily using their IOS or Android device... and BB and WP not where in sight... wonder who actually are stupid and ignorant...
    chenageddon and Steve� like this.
    09-17-15 03:42 PM
    one word: Obama
    miker476 likes this.
    09-17-15 08:20 PM
    Most Iphone owners are sheep and dont have a fricking clue about anything except that they have a New Iphone 10 or what ever number they just released
    How they hel l does anyone keep up with the model numbers
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    09-17-15 08:21 PM
    I've always liked to be different. I tried the Galaxy/iPhone Kool aid and would rather have my SE Passport at this point.

I always get, "They still make BlackBerrys?" and I just laugh.

I have an extra At&t Passport that I let my employee try out and he is hooked! He's been an iPhone guy for the last 5 years and I never thought he'd like it lol. Go figure....

Sent via SE Passport
    09-17-15 08:33 PM
    It doesn't happen with just BlackBerry.
    I had the LG G Flex until my GF ditched her LG G3 for it.
    Always got the, "what's that?", when it came to the Flex.
    Half the people I new made fun of it, but then went out and got the iphone 6plus. They tried showing it of like the large screen was something new. All I could say and do was shrug shoulders and say cool. And go on my way. Lol

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    09-17-15 08:37 PM
    I really don't mind the comments from my colleagues or students. I just thought we were done with what OS is better than the other. Having choices in my opinion is fun.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 08:37 PM
    It is true, I really don't care what phone other people use. I don't like all the android trolls on this site stirring crap either. I don't go to android central. I don't use androids anymore. BlackBerry can thank Google for me trying os10. I really only did it to get away from Google. I never really expected to like bb10 so much more than android.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 and lift like this.
    09-17-15 08:48 PM
    I really don't mind the comments from my colleagues or students. I just thought we were done with what OS is better than the other. Having choices in my opinion is fun.
    Agreed.
    09-17-15 09:54 PM
    one word: Obama
    I don't always post off topic, but when I do, I choose to discuss politics.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 10:09 PM
    I think its the business stigma attached to Blackberry. Everything is app this and app that. Blackberry does not offer a great deal of apps. Thus, people are not interested. However, one mistake Blackberry did was not changing with the times. They stuck to their guns and hopes the business reputation would carry them. While the business side is still strong in terms of security, majority of people want those apps and designs.
    09-17-15 10:09 PM
    When BlackBerry recently gobbled up Good, the person at a bank who is currently involved in due diligence on MDM vendors commented to me, "I didn't know BlackBerry still had enough cash for a deal like that."

Why so much hate now days?-1940512.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    Technomotive likes this.
    09-17-15 10:23 PM
    It's a philosophical question but it has to do with marketing @ all

When one gets sold and sold again by ads, people having it etc he first overcomes barriers, rejects to it and finally surrenders and buys, smartphone usually have short way to get the pot customer there as they are in an aesthetic band...
    But when one has surrendered to a physical product, he is set with it will defend it by pointing out how bad others are
    - so now your sales skills are needed, will you be offended by tha or push through and perhaps open up some real communication between individuals or go into a state of feeling offended or stuck...
    So actually it's all about communication...

Keep pushing with gentleness and they will see and eventually understand, even if not convert to...

So it's not actual hate, but their defence at first, mostly of course their are chronological haters out there, but only fews

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 11:22 PM
    Wow, the irony on display on this thread is absolutely astounding.
    09-18-15 07:44 AM
    Flopped my down on the counter while using my credit card to pay my bill and the clerk said Oh BB that's for Business people,Haha I said ,next time I think I'll say Yeah Business makes the world go round,lol
    09-18-15 07:54 AM
    For a company that can't afford to lose and should be communicating with their clients, they've been silent as mice. Do you blame the people who hate on the co, who may have entrusted the company and invested money, or in their devices or in the company in another way, and hears nothing of relevance other than posturing.. I completely understand the hate.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 08:02 AM
    Most hate is irreducibly irrational.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 11:17 AM
    Most hate is irreducibly irrational.

Posted via CB10
    Huh?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 12:51 PM
    I was in the principals office today and got a message on my BlackBerry. I pulled it out to check it. The principal said "oh wow is that a blackberry? Let me see it". He said wow I remember when these were the bomb! I want one. Where'd you get it. These are about getting down to business! Lol He asked me to help him find one like I did.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 01:36 PM
    I sometimes wonder if the world is getting more fractured and hostile towards other's preferences, or whether it just SEEMS that way.

An example would be that, in Canada at least, violent crime has been on a steady decline for quite some time. Yet, with the steady diet of news available to us and the speed of news, there is a PERCEPTION that society is much more violent than it used to be.

So, we get all worked up about our phones - it's a bit like myself and my kid cheap-shotting each other because I drive a GM and he drives a Ford.

I just saw the video of the Venice Android slider - I have never had a smartphone that wasn't a Blackberry, but I do have to say that I will strongly consider the Venice - partly because I LOVE the slider form factory (had a 9810 Torch that I would have kept if it could have done OS10 / LTE).
    Hopefully we'll be rocking BBerries long into the future.
    09-18-15 04:36 PM
33 12