Day 3 of My BB passport and really loving what is designed for.. Realized how much I miss the hard keyboard shortcuts and when I pick up my z30 , you realize how nice the screen is.. Even compared it yesterday to my friends Iphone 6, the screen looks HD.

My beef is that when I go to Blackberry world and search for apps that I had installed on my Z30 , they don't show up (example Waze), I sent a link to it and it says not supported on these device, I know this is an android port, Go on to Snap and download and install. I have come across so many like this.. Why is Blackberry blocking these apps on their world, I still prefer installing apps from here first then snap or amazon. The app selection that was on other OS10 devices and no longer on Passport is starting to get to me. Even in my last post, I would say 90% of calculator apps like calculator Plus is not on BB world and is on Snap to download and install.
    10-19-14 06:35 AM
    They aren't blocking the apps so please stop saying they are. It's down to the dev's to make sure their apps work on the Passport. Obviously alot of them haven't done so yet ie. I'm also missing quite a few apps from my Z30 as well. Some apps work but don't display properly on my Passport but I have noticed slowly but surely majority of my apps are now being updated for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    10-19-14 07:04 AM
    The terminology might not be correct, but at the moment, when you search BB wold, none of these apps show up. I am a tie hard Blackberry user and owned many BB phones since beginning of time. As a guy who just upgraded from my Z30 to Passport, I love the new phone, its truly amazing, but the apps should be available to download at least to try see if it works. I already sent an email to several developers to fix their aspect ratio to fit the passport. I know from past OS 10 phones took a while to get apps up and running, I get that and that's the price you pay for getting cutting edge phone, but for someone who switched from another OS to BB wouldn't understand that , when they search BB world and its not there then its frustrating. Not everyone knows how to install snap and use Google play store. The amazon app store is also limited in selection. Please don't take my email as negative comment towards BB Passport, but there are app issues and this is what the forum is all about. I promote Blackberry everywhere I go..
    10-19-14 07:47 AM
    Email the devs and ask them to update or make them for the Passport! Everyone should be doing that so that we get updates faster..
    10-19-14 08:31 AM
    Well, I had to block my app for instance because it's not compatible with 10.3 and Passport combination. Until I have time to sit down and rewrite it from scratch, it won't be available on the Passport. I suspect many are in the same boat. Either that or they haven't tested compatibility yet and don't want to risk bad reviews due to avoidable glitches. Finally, there is the factor that many developers are no longer spending their time on BlackBerry 10 as its been very unprofitable for them. Those apps will never be made compatible unless the sales of the Passport actually make a noticeable impact on BlackBerry marketshare.

Posted via CB10
    Timbosaurus likes this.
    10-19-14 09:51 AM
    Well, I had to block my app for instance because it's not compatible with 10.3 and Passport combination. Until I have time to sit down and rewrite it from scratch, it won't be available on the Passport. I suspect many are in the same boat. Either that or they haven't tested compatibility yet and don't want to risk bad reviews due to avoidable glitches. Finally, there is the factor that many developers are no longer spending their time on BlackBerry 10 as its been very unprofitable for them. Those apps will never be made compatible unless the sales of the Passport actually make a noticeable impact on BlackBerry marketshare.

Posted via CB10
    Cold hard truth

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 09:54 AM
    I'd rather have them not show up in the BlackBerry World than to download them only to find out they're not optimised.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    10-19-14 12:35 PM
    You can download Sachesi from BlackBerry World:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59941296

Sachesi allows you to download apps from BlackBerry World that might not be available for Passport, but are available for other devices like Z10. From the settings menu, you can change your device type to spoof...

That being said, the apps may not work. For instance I wanted Boggle from EA, which I had on my Q10. It loads, but isn't playable on Passport. Some apps do work though, like Tetris!

Why So many apps blocked Blackberry World for Passport-img_20141019_114225.png

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:43 PM
    Thank you guys for the suggestions.. I just contacted 5 developers of apps that currently don't work with Passport, 3 of them are going to start looking at updating the app.. The other two I have not heard back from them.
    10-20-14 06:56 AM
    You can download Sachesi from BlackBerry World:

Sachesi - BlackBerry World

Sachesi allows you to download apps from BlackBerry World that might not be available for Passport, but are available for other devices like Z10. From the settings menu, you can change your device type to spoof...

That being said, the apps may not work. For instance I wanted Boggle from EA, which I had on my Q10. It loads, but isn't playable on Passport. Some apps do work though, like Tetris!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141019_114225.png 
Views:	485 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	307350

Posted via CB10
    Thank you, I just downloaded and installed it.. I was able to get some apps from there. Quick question with Update of OS search, how do I find out the carrier codes. The default it has is Rogers and I am with bell
    10-20-14 07:00 AM
    There is a sticky thread in the OS forum with a table of suggested carrier codes to get the latest OS for each device.

Take note, the OS can only be installed via Sachesi using a computer and the proper Sachesi for what ever OS your computer runs. The app on the phone only searches fro the OS, doesn't install them.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=920390

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:07 AM
    Blame BlackBerry for breaking compatibility between the two Os version. If with just such a minor update and there is already issues with compatibility with previous version, I wonder what will happen with major updates. Making the matter worse is different aspects ratio and resolution. Pain in *** just to rewrite it passport. I don't what other developers think but passport is not worth the effort for me.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    10-20-14 07:09 AM