11-13-14 07:40 AM
48 12
tools
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. My contract is coming up soon, and I have been giving serious consideration into buying a Passport. I know I'm posting onto a BB forum, so I can guess the overwhelming opinion, but I want legit reasons to give to switch to BB10
    anon9158105 likes this.
    10-10-14 08:47 AM
    Because it is the best phone for getting things done(for me).

I recommend reading Bla1ze's great review.
    10-10-14 08:51 AM
    well i can tell u its a great phone great battery best os but somehow its a user experiance that decides that. Also u can get alot of info on these forums as per users experiance good and bad

good luck posed from my passport
    10-10-14 08:51 AM
    Sincerely I can't give you a reason. It's a sensible subject the mobile phone area. For instance I wait a battery test from gsmatena.com to,see how it handle it. I have a Nokia 1520 and it's a uber phone on battery. But I think it is to big. Passport is more compact and I miss blackberry keyboard. Last Bb was a 9900. **** man I don't use from that period a faster phone in task jobs. Super shorcut , smart dial fast dial fast multitasking. Sow I will wait to handle this device to see if is same love like I feel when I sow pictures and videos with device. To test few minute to see if I have same comfort or better with passport and OS 10.
    10-10-14 08:56 AM
    Best phone on the market for me in terms of communication whether it's email, BBM, Whatsapp, SMS, etc. The physical keyboard is amazing to type on. The OS is efficient and intuitive with its gesture based navigation. The square screen is perfect for working and viewing spreadsheets and PDFs. I wouldn't use any other phone for getting work done!

via my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052
    10-10-14 08:57 AM
    Because you want to.
    10-10-14 09:00 AM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. My contract is coming up soon, and I have been giving serious consideration into buying a Passport. I know I'm posting onto a BB forum, so I can guess the overwhelming opinion, but I want legit reasons to give to switch to BB10
    just dont
    10-10-14 09:10 AM
    Maybe you shouldn't. Once you get used to the UI on BlackBerry 10, it kind of makes you hate any phone with navigation buttons. It's seriously quick and efficient.

As for why to get a Passport in particular, big screen, great battery, innovative keyboard and oh yeah, it's different from the pack, people will take notice.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 09:18 AM
    Honestly, I forget how enjoyable it was to type on a physical keyboard again.

The screen is amazing for everything but videos.

The camera is the best I've seen on a BlackBerry.

And if you are person who likes to have people say to you, "what phone is that?" then the Passport is for you!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 09:24 AM
    The biggest yah is to be different. The biggest nah is the keyboard.

Your Passport will definitely get noticed wherever you go because it's distinctively different.

There will definitely be a period of time that your productivity will drop significantly due to the keyboard. Yeah it will grow on you but it will take time to grow.

This is from a guy only played Passport twenty minutes in a store, currently using a Z30, should have been using a Passport but someone screwed up somewhere. This guy will not cancel the order and will give time for Passport to grow on him before making decision to keep it or not.

If you don't mind Android (which I do), you may want to give Huawei Mate 7 a try. Probably the best specs and design in Android world with stock android (no bloatware), 4100mA battery that is unbelievable, bigger than some tablets (I wonder if it's safe to carry so much high power chemical fluid in your pocket near your crotch).

If BlackBerry is not your thing, the chance is you won't give Passport a fair chance. I could be wrong but the chance is ... I will be right.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    10-10-14 09:41 AM
    Because it's always handy having a passport.
    10-10-14 09:49 AM
    Why not?

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    10-10-14 09:57 AM
    Do you need to be held by the hand? The PP is for serious users so if you don't fit the bill, stay with your Android.
    10-10-14 09:57 AM
    Because Samsungs are everywhere. If you want to be seriously Ballin' then you got to go with Passport.

Also, once you get used to BlackBerry's UI you'll never want to bother with the others.

From a Z30
    10-10-14 10:21 AM
    The panaramic pictures are amazing. Here is one I tool while visiting the pyramids in Egypt. Not sure how hi res the image for CB app will be but enjoy.
    Why should I get a BlackBerry Passport?-img_20141009_115831_panorama.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 10:25 AM
    Because Samsung phones are nothing but laggy gimmicky phones BUT if you have to ask here why you should get a Passport you're probably better off sticking with a Samsung.
    10-10-14 12:25 PM
    You don't choose the phone. It choose you.
    tomsobon, Tompire and wasimraza like this.
    10-10-14 12:52 PM
    Unless you are a corporate user and you need to get things done, manage you schedule and maximize your efficiencies don't bother as this device is not for you!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 01:49 PM
    because Samsung is crap

BlackBerry Z10 10.3.0.1154
    10-10-14 01:53 PM
    Because you can surf the net as it is meant to be, in full desktop mode with flash content.
    10-10-14 02:11 PM
    All depends from your needs!
    Having tried android phone and still be user of a Samsung tablet i consider BlackBerry 10 OS as an easy operating system and more efficient.
    If you use your phone extensively for text and email there must be no second thought! Your job will be done in half the time with the BlackBerry!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-10-14 04:36 PM
    This is a very good question. I plan to buy a new phone next year and have considered Blackberry. I was a loyal Nokia (and Windows XP) for the past ten years but everything Microsoft touches turns to rigor mortis, and I am ready to change.

Privacy, for the sake of privacy, is my overarching consideration in a new phone (and computer). So, naturally, Blackberry and Linux have attracted my attention. I am not a computer technician or software coder, I just want to buy a product that you can turn on and start using without having to tweak and twerk, become an expert in IT, just to use the product.

Linux ubuntu preloaded on a PC and laptop is fine for my computing needs. It avoids data theft and privacy issues associated now with Apple, and the horrible security and data theft issues that define Microsoft. And by data theft I am talking about the companies, Apple and Microsoft, as well as hackers.

As for a phone, Blackberry is said to be secure, is it not? The calls and messages are automatically encrypted? So, I guess if you are messaging or calling someone else with a Blackberry you can say something on your mind without getting on some governments black list or having your ideas stolen by the neighbors. But that seems to be as far as it goes.

If you buy a Blackberry you must back up and sync to the cloud or an Apple or Microsoft machine, in which case there is no security. And apps? Forget it. Blackberry has no apps; it reminds me of the early days of Apple Macs, you got hardware and there were no programs, but, hey, its a cool looking machine.

And Blackberry phones cannot even do basic things that any smart phone should be able to do out of the box, like support multiple email addresses. The solution Blackberry offers? Use Android apps! Great, use the apps that report your every detail to marketers and steal your messages and contacts, passwords, and who knows what spyware they load onto your phone. Might as well by an Android phone, right?

You cannot even simply sync and back up your phone contents to a Linux machine, the only logical OS for someone who is looking for security, which is what Blackberry is supposed to be all about. But, hey, a Blackberry looks cool. My phone is different from the other phones, woo woo.

So, somebody, tell me why I am wrong, what have I missed? Why should I buy a Blackberry if I just want a secure and private smart phone that is easy to use for calls, messages, email, calendar and contacts? Why should I buy a Blackberry?
    11-12-14 06:50 AM
    You don't choose the phone. It choose you.
    This guy said it right here. You have to be of a rare breed

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-12-14 07:05 AM
    As you said in OP, you are in BlackBerry forum, most of the people will advice you to get one, if you navigate in Samsung/Android forum you can have both sides opinion. As an former Android lover...I cheated hehehe, BlackBerry Passport is a great device with a great OS for me.

With my Passport
    11-12-14 07:08 AM
    This is a highly tuned machine ready for work. But is able to dress up in jeans and have fun as well.
    Keyboard is great. Takes time getting used to but then it's second nature
    Screen in awesome.
    OS is the best on the market.

Posted with my 6 week old superb Passport!
    11-12-14 07:09 AM
48 12