12-24-17 11:31 PM
107 1234 ...
tools
    My passport, was stuck on 96% for the last 5 hours, so out of frustration, i started messing around with it. But i ended up fixing it in the process . So here's what i did .
    Open up link on your PC, connect the USB cable in but do not plug in the other end to your passport just yet.
    Press and hold the power button, Plug in the other end right before or as the red notification light is flashes before the security wipe restarts.
    Then look back on link, the connection process won't work, but will show you some sort of *error* (don't panic, that's a good thing). As soon that error code appears on your Passport, go back to link, where you will have the following options "reconnect" and "reload". Press reload.
    Your Passport will reset again, but this time it won't go back to the security wipe, but instead it'll flash the green light you, get when downloading updates form link, and that's basically what's happening.
    In 10 minutes, the whole setup will complete and your passport will start up on the *language selection* and *agreement page*.

I'm not exactly certain if it'll work for everyone, but wouldn't hurt to try.
    This saves my day. Great thanks to you man.
    01-09-16 04:15 AM
    Yesterday I decided to security wipe my Passport.
    It started after entering 'Blackberry' (2.13 Pm)
    It has stuck at 97% since 7 hrs.
    Please help how to solve this.
    I am stuck since i cannot get mail access.
    :' (
    01-15-16 02:43 AM
    Did you read the post above yours? You should.
    01-15-16 03:10 AM
    My passport, was stuck on 96% for the last 5 hours, so out of frustration, i started messing around with it. But i ended up fixing it in the process . So here's what i did .
    Open up link on your PC, connect the USB cable in but do not plug in the other end to your passport just yet.
    Press and hold the power button, Plug in the other end right before or as the red notification light is flashes before the security wipe restarts.
    Then look back on link, the connection process won't work, but will show you some sort of *error* (don't panic, that's a good thing). As soon that error code appears on your Passport, go back to link, where you will have the following options "reconnect" and "reload". Press reload.
    Your Passport will reset again, but this time it won't go back to the security wipe, but instead it'll flash the green light you, get when downloading updates form link, and that's basically what's happening.
    In 10 minutes, the whole setup will complete and your passport will start up on the *language selection* and *agreement page*.

Great thanks!
    01-15-16 07:24 PM

Wow thanks man I've been without a phone for 12 hours your method worked like a charm.
    01-16-16 12:02 AM
    Again. This now just worked for me. Thank you very much.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-16-16 07:23 AM
    Stuck at 96% after 12 hours. I'm going to give the method mentioned in above posts a try. Thanks for sharing.

01-17-16 06:22 PM
    It works, thanks for the workaround .

01-18-16 10:04 PM
    I have a friend who is about to sell his BlackBerry Passport to buy Priv. When he found a buyer and they agreed on price, he immediately security-wipe his Passport so he can give it to the buyer. It took almost a week and the security wiping process stuck at 99%. The buyer got tired of waiting and cancel the deal. My friend contacted the other buyer who is also interested but only on a lesser value. In spite of that, my friend accepted the offer and he continue the security wiping at 99%. Another week past, and his Passport still stuck at 99%. And as expected, the second buyer got tired of waiting and cancel the deal again. A few days after that, another prospective buyer offered to buy my friend's Passport. Another week past, no progress at 99%. And the deal was cancelled again. After more than a month, his Passport is still doing this security wipe.

I will tell him the walk-around fix to security wipe his Passport easily - but, based on factual evidence, I have concluded that BlackBerry intentionally designed the security wiping process endlessly so the users will be discouraged to resell it...

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 10:48 PM
    I have a friend who is about to sell his BlackBerry Passport to buy Priv. When he found a buyer and they agreed on price, he immediately security-wipe his Passport so he can give it to the buyer. It took almost a week and the security wiping process stuck at 99%. The buyer got tired of waiting and cancel the deal. My friend contacted the other buyer who is also interested but only on a lesser value. In spite of that, my friend accepted the offer and he continue the security wiping at 99%. Another week past, and his Passport still stuck at 99%. And as expected, the second buyer got tired of waiting and cancel the deal again. A few days after that, another prospective buyer offered to buy my friend's Passport. Another week past, no progress at 99%. And the deal was cancelled again. After more than a month, his Passport is still doing this security wipe.

I will tell him the walk-around fix to security wipe his Passport easily - but, based on factual evidence, I have concluded that BlackBerry intentionally designed the security wiping process endlessly so the users will be discouraged to resell it...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, what a disgrace. If it wasn't for this forum and Crackberry, I would have thrown out my Passport. Thank goodness for this thread. This should be included in the manual of the of trouble shooting.

01-18-16 10:56 PM
    hi, i am trying your meothd but don't know what you mean by "open up link"?
    01-20-16 03:29 AM
    hi, i am trying your meothd but don't know what you mean by "open up link"?
    "Blackberry Link" on your computer.
    01-20-16 04:50 AM
    We need to remove the SD card before doing the reload. This was told by BlackBerry service. Else it will take long time to erase.. I have removed SD card it took me 1 hrs..

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 07:00 AM
    How did you go back to the link? It is stuck showing the error.
    01-23-16 02:12 AM
    How did you go back to the link? It is stuck showing the error.
    Read and reread this post and follow the instructions: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12166229
    01-23-16 04:17 AM
    Ive been trying this method but the software update only installs about 5% and then my Blackberry somehow disconnects, and I have to start the process all over again. Has this happened to anyone else?
    01-23-16 07:31 PM
    thanks a lot buddy, u saved my life, had same problem was on security wipe since 5 days......followed ur instructions worked perfect. thumbs up buddy
    01-25-16 04:50 PM
    A major thanks. I was stuck in a three day security wipe. I did a search on CB looking for a way to interrupt the process. Your post came up. So I took the chance and followed you instructions. It worked. I nominate your instructions for a "Sticky".
    I second the nomination for a sticky. I was also in a security reboot loop nightmare, and tried this. Slightly different for me though, the reboot using the power key didn't seem to take in making a connection to link. I then went to the volume up/down keys method to reset, and a connection was established briefly, along with a message in link to reboot my phone using the power key. I forget if I did reboot or reset, but Link is now loading 10.3.2.2639 for me. Hopefully this works, seems to be going fine.
    01-26-16 08:48 PM
    i had security wipe . it take around 27 hour . still i am stuck in 98% . :rolleyesWhat will do now ?:rolleyes :
    This saves my day. Great thanks to you man.
    My passport have been stuck at 96% for days now. I downloaded the blackberry link on my laptop but could not work pls i need help on how to go abt it
    01-26-16 10:06 PM
    The error code show but didnt see reload on the link pls help thanks
    01-26-16 11:14 PM
    THANK YOU SOOO MUCH DUDE!!!!
    I was nervous about doing this as I had waited 2 days for the wipe to complete and after a couple manual restarts, decided I would just let it do its thing. But it was becoming more and more obvious that this was going to take eons. I don't know if you wear a cape but heros like you should. lol. Thanks again
    02-07-16 07:20 AM
    well after 3 days of patience. i saw ur post. and tried it off! ...
    guess what ? it worked for me
    my phone was at 99% wipe but was'nt going further from last 24 hours. so i just restarted my phone by holding the power key, and yes the wipe begin from 0% again. but trust me it ended up before 10 minutes hardly. and then os10 loaded up cleanly. ...
    the phone is wrking prtty fine for now.. cheers <3
    02-12-16 07:40 AM
    This is one reason I want to sell off my BlackBerry PP SE

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 03:11 PM

Thanks a lot , you saved my a** !

Lesson learned. Next time, I'll empty everything before secure wiping the device.

Thanks !
    02-23-16 06:14 PM
    I bought a bold 9930 from amazon and it has IT Security from previous owner (DHL Delivery). I read that you can do wipe it by restoring settings through desktop software, but I am a Mac user and the Mac software does not have the restore option. Please help me
    02-25-16 07:15 PM
107 1234 ...