I just did security wipe of my PPSE few days back and believe me from 0 to 100 % just in 30 minutes no any stuck nor any issues and working flawless

Posted via my @ Classic
    07-12-16 01:06 AM
    Thanks for the info. It's past 5pm here and it's still on 98%. It's still plugged in. I am just being patient now.

- A
    07-22-16 12:30 PM
    That really works great, it's a life saver post! Thanks!!!
    08-15-16 08:50 PM
    Handy for the future. thanks!
    08-17-16 07:15 PM
    it worked they way you explained . Thanks.
    08-21-16 11:53 AM
    hai all i follow the atep after that blackberry passport display shows BlackBerry Smartphone support - United States what to do ps help
    08-27-16 10:52 AM
    Before you wipe out your bb10 device, move out all android apps, if you don't, you will get forever in the 98 o99 %

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 06:34 PM
    My passport, was stuck on 96% for the last 5 hours, so out of frustration, i started messing around with it. But i ended up fixing it in the process . So here's what i did .
    Open up link on your PC, connect the USB cable in but do not plug in the other end to your passport just yet.
    Press and hold the power button, Plug in the other end right before or as the red notification light is flashes before the security wipe restarts.
    Then look back on link, the connection process won't work, but will show you some sort of *error* (don't panic, that's a good thing). As soon that error code appears on your Passport, go back to link, where you will have the following options "reconnect" and "reload". Press reload.
    Your Passport will reset again, but this time it won't go back to the security wipe, but instead it'll flash the green light you, get when downloading updates form link, and that's basically what's happening.
    In 10 minutes, the whole setup will complete and your passport will start up on the *language selection* and *agreement page*.

I'm not exactly certain if it'll work for everyone, but wouldn't hurt to try.
    @AhmedT016: Stuck at 99% for 28 hrs. You rescued me. Thank you very much.
    09-15-16 05:01 AM
    Just found this thread after having had a memory wipe run about 14 hours so far.
    What would happen if I were to turn the phone off and back on at this point?

I'm at 97% and it seems to be progressing at about 1 percent every 2 hours.

Before you wipe out your bb10 device, move out all android apps, if you don't, you will get forever in the 98 o99 %

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 11:57 AM
    Did you remove SD card before starting wipe?

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    10-30-16 01:23 PM
    Just found this thread after having had a memory wipe run about 14 hours so far.
    What would happen if I were to turn the phone off and back on at this point?

I'm at 97% and it seems to be progressing at about 1 percent every 2 hours.
    What happened twice when I turned my classic off cos of at least 12 hours at 98% was that it restarted itself and auto started the security wipe again, starting at 0%.

So, all up my security wipe took 7 days. Harrowing days cos I didn't know if it was bricked!

Anyway, after device spent over 60 hours at 99% it finally finished security wipe and gave an error message.

That error message just meant to attach phone to Link on PC.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    10-30-16 02:17 PM
    Thanks for the replies.
    I found the post by AhmedT106. I had some trouble with getting the timing right before the red light began flashing, but his solution basically helped me get the phone working again.
    Thanks again. I appreciate everyone here who is willing to help others out when they're stuck.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    10-30-16 06:48 PM
    My passport, was stuck on 96% for the last 5 hours, so out of frustration, i started messing around with it. But i ended up fixing it in the process . So here's what i did .
    Open up link on your PC, connect the USB cable in but do not plug in the other end to your passport just yet.
    Press and hold the power button, Plug in the other end right before or as the red notification light is flashes before the security wipe restarts.
    Then look back on link, the connection process won't work, but will show you some sort of *error* (don't panic, that's a good thing). As soon that error code appears on your Passport, go back to link, where you will have the following options "reconnect" and "reload". Press reload.
    Your Passport will reset again, but this time it won't go back to the security wipe, but instead it'll flash the green light you, get when downloading updates form link, and that's basically what's happening.
    In 10 minutes, the whole setup will complete and your passport will start up on the *language selection* and *agreement page*.

I'm not exactly certain if it'll work for everyone, but wouldn't hurt to try.
    Thank You for sharing! This worked!
    12-04-16 07:04 AM
    Security wipe takes so long because blackberry make the most secure smart phones on the planet. It's doing a "security wipe ".

Posted via CB10 Passport
    12-06-16 07:29 AM
    What is the link that you used?or download to fix it .
    12-12-16 01:04 AM
    Thank You for sharing! This worked!
    A major thanks. I was stuck in a three day security wipe. I did a search on CB looking for a way to interrupt the process. Your post came up. So I took the chance and followed you instructions. It worked. I nominate your instructions for a "Sticky".

What did u do? because I cant find the right link on my BB passport ..help me please!
    12-12-16 04:58 AM
    I think they mean the software BlackBerry Link. You know, the one that you use to backup or sync your phone with your computer. So they're suggesting to restart the phone, but then quickly plug it into your computer with BlackBerry Link open. It will try to sync, and then an error would pop up on your Passport. In BlackBerry Link, there is an option to reload the software.

I did something very similar last night.

But I didn't need to plug into my computer during the reset. One my 4th reset, the error "bb10-0015" showed on my screen. When I connected it to BlackBerry Link, it gave me the options the other guys talked about.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    12-12-16 02:09 PM
    I think they mean the software BlackBerry Link. You know, the one that you use to backup or sync your phone with your computer. So they're suggesting to restart the phone, but then quickly plug it into your computer with BlackBerry Link open. It will try to sync, and then an error would pop up on your Passport. In BlackBerry Link, there is an option to reload the software.

I did something very similar last night.

But I didn't need to plug into my computer during the reset. One my 4th reset, the error "bb10-0015" showed on my screen. When I connected it to BlackBerry Link, it gave me the options the other guys talked about.

Posted via CB10 on Z30

I did that.. but still pop up on the same error bb10-0015.. What to do? always like that but I did the instruction..
    12-12-16 11:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    so what you're saying...since I didn't move or uninstall my Android apps...I will be stuck at 99% indefinitely??? If that's the case how do I break off my security wipe and get my BB operational again?
    12-13-16 04:21 AM
    Security wipes frequently take 24 hours to accomplish. Are you at that point yet?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    12-13-16 08:47 AM
    Security wipe vs Factory Reset. Which is more thorough. I read that factory reset can only be done through BlackBerry Link, and Wipes can be done on the phone. A lot of sites see to use the two interchangeably.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    12-13-16 10:37 AM
    Mine never went past 99%. Waited for a week and i got tired. So i shut it down, hooked it to my PC, opened the blackberry link software first, turned on my BB Passport and I did a software reload. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-16 12:46 PM
    Mine never went past 99%. Waited for a week and i got tired. So i shut it down, hooked it to my PC, opened the blackberry link software first, turned on my BB Passport and I did a software reload. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    Did it actually show 99% on the screen? Mine goes blank after about 53%. Screen is black, and doesn't change until I hold the power button to restart.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    12-18-16 10:58 PM
    This happened to me last night, it didn't succeed this morning, so I'm trying it again.. I have red blinking lights right now. I hope I don't have a brick!
    12-29-16 08:02 AM
    I decided to do a security wipe on my passport yesterday evening and must have started the process at around 4pm. By 630pm, it was fairly quick and reached at 92%. Since 630pm it's been extremely slow. It's currently 1145am and it's at 98%. Each percent is taking longer. The wipe had reached 97% by midnight and it hit 98% at 9am.

Is the process stuck somewhere or does it usually take this long since I had a lot of data on the phone? While I have kept the phone charged through the process, I am wondering whether I should show patience or let the battery die during the process and then try to reload the OS through BB Link. I am not even sure if reloading the OS would work and I am just concerned whether this is usually how long the process takes or is it just my phone?

Would be great if someone can throw more light on this. Also would be good to know if I should just let the battery drain out during the process or keep the phone charged.
    05-31-17 01:25 AM
107 ... 2345