So I was planning to give my Blackberry Passport SQW100-1 To my mother and I wanted to wipe all data (pictures etc.) and I choose the security wipe option.

After 4 hours the process was completed but I am afraid that the OS on the BB got damaged. Every time I start up the phone it shows the bb10-0015 error.

Normally this would be fixed by connecting the phone to my laptop opening Link -> Preferences-> Reload Device Software -> Reload.

Every time I click reload Link starts searching for updates instead of reloading the device. In the meantime the BB starts up because usb charging is turned on within the settings of the phone (can't turn this feature of on windows 10 as far as I know). Thereby making it impossible to reload the device.

Any ideas?
    01-04-17 11:53 AM
    Sometimes when the OS gets messed up... LINK just will not see the phone.

You are going to need to download an Autoloader and install it. Info on how and to get the files, can be found here BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    01-04-17 11:59 AM
    I have found that if you turn the phone off and fully reboot 4 or 5 times before trying to do a reinstall helps. I've always been able to pull out of those alert screens without ever bothering with autoloaders and such and as far as I know it has nothing to do with Link.
    01-04-17 12:01 PM