I agree OP it's one ugly device, but I hope its a success to keep BB moving forward.

Sent from my super cool shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    09-24-14 03:31 PM
    Yeah but holding a wide phone is not comfortable. That is most handheld devices are narrow instead of wide.

Just look at how sexy these devices are compared the passport.

Attachment 300104
    Attachment 300105
    As far as it was shown the phone can be held comfortably in one hand.

Sexy!? Go iPhone. Passport is a tool not a teenage model

Check out my photography channel
    09-24-14 03:39 PM
    Attachment 300086

I mean would you just look at that? Is this going to be ugliest phone of 2014 ? What are your thoughts.
    Have u actually seen one or held one in real life?? I was the same as u, thinking it was quite ugly but having seen one for real and playing with one extensively. I can categorically say it is a thing of beauty but beauty is in the eye of beholder.

Yes it's big, it's wide but thin at the same time.

Now the iPhone 6 and 6+ I find are dog freaking ugly but I don't go onto iPhone sites and make threads like this and making it so that my opinions are fact when they aren't.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    09-24-14 03:41 PM
    I actually like the style of the Passport. It is different and fresh. It is a new way of doing something. Not the old boring same look. In this market It stands out from all the others. Yes, as someone already stated," Beauty is in eye of beholder" and everyone will have their opinions. But how pretty or sexy a phone is does not guarantee the Job or productivity get done.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-24-14 04:11 PM
    Hated the leaks of the windermere, but since then it's grown on me, top marks to BlackBerry for doing something different. Not sure if I would go for one yet but at least it's distinctive and differentiates.

Posted by my splendid Z10
    09-24-14 04:31 PM
    reflexively, i get why someone would conventionally refer to it as 'ugly' in the sense that people now are just used to phones w/ rounded edges. but what i don't get are REVIEWERS referring to this devices as "weird." i've seen this word also thrown around w/ the Galaxy Note Edge.
    09-24-14 04:53 PM
    Rightly or wrongly, I think you'd better get used to it. Frankly its a very common reaction to the phone from what I've seen so far, outside of the devotees of BlackBerry fan sites.

Just an opinion, but I have to say I still say that it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. And that's after a lot more familiarity with its appearance than the average member of the phone buying public has.
    reflexively, i get why someone would conventionally refer to it as 'ugly' in the sense that people now are just used to phones w/ rounded edges. but what i don't get are REVIEWERS referring to this devices as "weird." i've seen this word also thrown around w/ the Galaxy Note Edge.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-24-14 05:11 PM
    Love the design! Something different from all the phones that are out now

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:12 PM
    I like it looks crazy

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-24-14 05:14 PM
    It's beautiful in my hands!!
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:17 PM
    I personally don't like the iPhone 6 design. Think it looks cheap. Big drop from ip5s.
    Now the passport just exudes quality. From the first site.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:20 PM
    ^sight. Oops

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:20 PM
    Eye of the beholder. I think it's absolutely gorgeous!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:32 PM
    if the 'norm' since smartphones came out was the square shape, then someone would come in 2014 with a rectangle shape you would think it's ugly too. that's because your brain has been inside the box for many years that you cannot think out of the box anymore.

think out of the box
    This was me. I was initially startled by the appearance. Afraid I would cut myself on the sharp corners. Comparing it to what I think was one of the most beautiful phones ever: the 9850. Wondering WHAT BlackBerry could possibly be thinking.

Now I think a really innovative design team sat down and let the creativity flow. What about cell phones is still limiting? What barriers are there to leaving our laptops nearly or totally untouched all day. What do people need that still use this desktops? What would let people, such as myself, resolve their grief over the passing of the PlayBook? Most importantly, what would be a game changer that could put BlackBerry in in the game again?

It's the Passport. The very fact it is a little controversial means it will be debated, and that is a good thing.

Posted via CB from "Z" best
    09-24-14 05:37 PM
    Attachment 300086

I mean would you just look at that? Is this going to be ugliest phone of 2014 ? What are your thoughts.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Very subjective.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:40 PM
    BlackBerry has now about 6 different phones in the market now. There is a phone for every walk of life. So why compare Passport to rectangular phones. The phone is unique and not another phone to make justified comparisons.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:42 PM
    Yeah but holding a wide phone is not comfortable. That is most handheld devices are narrow instead of wide.

Just look at how sexy these devices are compared the passport.

Attachment 300104
    Attachment 300105
    Yes it is indeed a nice looking device, unfortunately you'll be enjoying it 40% of the time near a wall outlet.

From the days of yore, when 'Black'Berrys were Blue.
    molson0 likes this.
    09-24-14 05:44 PM
    It looks all right for me, it is different than the others and that's why I like it more!

Sent from my Z 30
    09-24-14 05:54 PM
    Yes it is indeed a nice looking device, unfortunately you'll be enjoying it 40% of the time near a wall outlet.

Lol. Please see the front desk on your way out, you sir have won today's prize.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:59 PM

I was at an ed sheeran concert Thursday. Had to snap a pic of this

Why is passport so ugly ?-img_20140918_201624.jpg
    09-24-14 06:03 PM
    CNET gives Passport great review:

http://www.cnet.com/products/blackberry-passport/

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    09-25-14 06:46 PM
    the iphone is the *****-phone,
    09-25-14 06:50 PM
    I think it looks great.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:02 PM
    General consensus = facts...........yeah, ok.

Title change: The Passport looks ugly to ME. For those that agree, why is it so ugly?
    It's definitely ugly but I'm happy BlackBerry isn't just trying to copy anybody into a comback, even though that's probably the smart way and would actually work, these things probably won't sell at all

Q10 Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-25-14 07:05 PM
    The Passport is not as ugly as the smart car, the Nissan Cube or bull dogs. I am an avid reader, so it might suit me well. If they weren't back ordered already, I would have bought one.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    09-25-14 07:36 PM
62 123