Does anyone have any solid info on why BlackBerry has yet to acknowledge issues with the Passport? Double typing has been a problem for a handful of models while screen lift and logo displacement is a known issue with the Passport.

I just saw on the news that Apple is recalling iPhone 6 Plus for a camera replacement due to blurry pictures.

I'm not an Apple fan but I applaud them for this. I only wish that BlackBerry can step up to the plate and address these known problems. In fact, I don't think BlackBerry ever issued a recall in the past.
    08-24-15 01:36 AM
    When 10,000 users complain about DT on a Q10 and nothing gets done, its understandable. When 10 million users complain about blurry pictures, something has to be done! Its all about the numbers. I am sure if there were 10 million complaints about DT on the Passport, It wouldnt or cant be ignored!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-24-15 02:18 AM
    A hallmark of Apple products is customer service, its priced into the premium you pay for their products. Because of this people will raise a stinking hell if an identifiable recurring issue surfaces. Blackberry, like most other OEMs, pass most customer service issues to resellers and carriers. Also the DT issue seems to be a complex engineering/software fix which could be expensive for BB. Otherwise why would this continue in the SE when others like structural integrity have been addressed.
    08-24-15 03:45 AM
    Another way of looking at Apple's recall is the media coverage when there is a defect in iphones vs no general media recognition that BlackBerry even exists. In Apple's case bad publicity is not good publicity.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    08-24-15 04:44 AM
    Does anyone have any solid info on why BlackBerry has yet to acknowledge issues with the Passport? Double typing has been a problem for a handful of models while screen lift and logo displacement is a known issue with the Passport.

I just saw on the news that Apple is recalling iPhone 6 Plus for a camera replacement due to blurry pictures.

I'm not an Apple fan but I applaud them for this. I only wish that BlackBerry can step up to the plate and address these known problems. In fact, I don't think BlackBerry ever issued a recall in the past.
    Do you have a precise number of how many? I don't think so. Double typing may well be a software issue. I do know some Passport owners with screen lifting issue. But they are well covered by warranty,and they do have a new device in return.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 04:44 AM
    Comparing quantity is flawed especially in this case. It is more about ratio. Double typing is very common and screen lift is an
    08-24-15 10:40 AM
    Comparing quantity is flawed especially in this case. It is more about ratio. Double typing is very common and screen lift is an issue. Just upsetting that BlackBerry, a failing company, cannot stand behind their products. Double typing and screen lift on the SE shows the lack of attention they put towards correcting the issue.
    08-24-15 10:43 AM
    Just upsetting that BlackBerry, a failing company, cannot stand behind their products.
    From a practical standpoint, why should they?

Apple is playing a very long and very broad game in terms of customer satisfaction. What's the cost of a recall when you are going to sell the customer five to ten iphones, two iPads, and perhaps a Mac or two not to mention the content for all these devices over the next decade.

BlackBerry smartphones? In the words of John Chen, "At some point, the economics take over." He's not even sure he will ever sell you another smartphone. Statistically, he will not given their retention numbers.

Apple will just stick the cost of their recall on whatever supplier is responsible for their camera issue. Remember when Verizon wanted millions from BlackBerry for the Storm debacle? Imagine being on Apple's s*** list for several years. They'll pay up.
    Last edited by chenageddon; 08-24-15 at 11:26 AM.
    08-24-15 10:47 AM
    Do you have a precise number of how many? I don't think so. Double typing may well be a software issue. I do know some Passport owners with screen lifting issue. But they are well covered by warranty,and they do have a new device in return.

Posted via CB10
    Of course I don't have the precise numbers. I don't think even BlackBerry has these numbers. The reason is simple; they never issued any recalls to gather accurate information. Also, in their eyes screen lifting doesn't exist.
    08-24-15 11:27 AM