My Passport isn't getting all text messages and it's very spotty. I've been having this problem with my passport for a while. My friends think i'm ignoring their questions when the fact is I never got the Text message. I haven't had an iPhone in 4 years and I had already deactivated iMessage then.

I went to an AT&T store and they said it's on blackberry's side. I'm not sure if this has to do with the problem but I brought up Packet vs circuit switch and they had no idea either and started google searching it then changed subjects and tried to sell me some bluetooth speaker.... >_____<

Does anyone have any ideas to the problem? All the threads on here seem to talk about iMessage not being deactivated but that's not my case. Thanks!
    03-22-15 08:20 AM
    My Passport isn't getting all text messages and it's very spotty. I've been having this problem with my passport for a while. My friends think i'm ignoring their questions when the fact is I never got the Text message. I haven't had an iPhone in 4 years and I had already deactivated iMessage then.

I went to an AT&T store and they said it's on blackberry's side. I'm not sure if this has to do with the problem but I brought up Packet vs circuit switch and they had no idea either and started google searching it then changed subjects and tried to sell me some bluetooth speaker.... >_____<

Does anyone have any ideas to the problem? All the threads on here seem to talk about iMessage not being deactivated but that's not my case. Thanks!
    You need to narrow it down to whose text you're not receiving. For example, are they iPhone users only, or Verizon Message+ users, etc.
    03-22-15 08:27 AM
    Call your carrier. Might be on their end.
    03-22-15 09:04 AM
    If it is iPhone users. Then they are sending the sms to your AppleID since that is what your friends have setup.
    03-22-15 10:28 AM
    AT&T is full of crap and I suggest you call AT&T Support rather than going to a retail store. It's not possible for it to be on "BlackBerry's side" since text messages don't go through BlackBerry's NOC. It's 100% on AT&T's side or the sender's side and I'd suggest you ask AT&T to remove and then add SMS and MMS on your account in order to refresh.

Do you have an unlocked Passport or did you buy your Passport directly from AT&T? Are you on an official or leaked OS? Post a screenshot of your SMS Advanced Settings screen (Hub, side flow menu by clicking the three dots on bottom right, Settings, Text Messages, Advanced).
    03-22-15 10:36 AM
    If it is iPhone users. Then they are sending the sms to your AppleID since that is what your friends have setup.
    That's what I'm thinking also. IPhone users need to enable the option to send as sms if iMessage is unavailable. Of course, the OP also indicated that he disabled his iMessage account 4 years ago. He needs to sign into AppleID to make sure his previous iPhone is deleted from Apple.
    03-22-15 10:50 AM
    I will post as quick as I can as I'm on the run, but as others have said about the imessage thing. Bought my mom a Z10 for mother's day last year and coming from an iPhone she had the same issue. We deactivated imessage as well as calling AT&T and Apple. After about a week, she was still only getting some sms from those with iphones while others weren't coming in.

AT&T had put BlackBerry on threeway to which they asked if the messages were coming from an iPhone then it is on Apple. Luckily, we had two other iphones in the house and while one was going through the other wasn't. AT&T also tried to tell us to just tell everyone that uses an iPhone not to send the message as an imessage which is clearly not reasonable. We called Apple and received this from them "you'll have to pay $99 for us to help since you are switching to a BlackBerry".

We called AT&T back who then got Apple on the phone and after again going through a bunch of troubleshooting there was still no resolution. AT&T opened another case and it was eventually resolved. They asked us to give them 72 hours to get the problem fixed. Needless to say it was a disaster! I do remember a while after that there was a front page post regarding this and how Apple finally caved and made the process easier.

If it is just those with an iPhone then it is definitely nothing on the BlackBerry side. Just thought I'd chime in since it was a mess to get it working almost to the point my mom was going to go back to her iPhone. Guess that's what Apple wanted, but I was persistent and they eventually took care of it. If it is the same for you, you may have to contact AT&T/Apple again and be persistent.

It was a huge pain in the ***, but now my mom is waiting on some cases to come out for the Passport so she can get one from AT&T. Crap tactics from Apple!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 11:55 AM
    Hi
    I have AT&T BlackBerry Passport unlocked using on T-Mobile network. I can send SMS and receive them too. But I can't send MMS and the error message say "Failed to save message" and I can receive them too with no problem. Is there any fix for it?
    Thanks in advance.

Via AT&T BlackBerry Passport OS 10.3.1.2582 on Blazin Fast T-Mobile 4GLTE.
    03-22-15 02:35 PM
    Wonder if the MMS apn is messed u?
    03-22-15 02:39 PM
    Wonder if the MMS apn is messed u?
    Usually it automatically generate the settings whenever SIM card is entered. I never changed my MMS APN. Is there something wrong here?
    Why is my AT&T Passport receiving some text messages and ignoring others?-img_20150322_160549.png

03-22-15 03:06 PM
    Usually it automatically generate the settings whenever SIM card is entered. I never changed my MMS APN. Is there something wrong here?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150322_160549.png 
Views:	686 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	343070

Would need a T-mobile user to check their settings.
    Yes, indeed, with the SIM in, it should auto-detect.
    Hard to pinpoint what the problem is when some work and others don't, unfortunately
    03-22-15 04:56 PM
    Would need a T-mobile user to check their settings.
    Yes, indeed, with the SIM in, it should auto-detect.
    Hard to pinpoint what the problem is when some work and others don't, unfortunately
    I checked the preferred setting from T-Mobile website and all of it is correct. Don't know what the problem is.

03-22-15 05:53 PM
    Hi
    I have AT&T BlackBerry Passport unlocked using on T-Mobile network. I can send SMS and receive them too. But I can't send MMS and the error message say "Failed to save message" and I can receive them too with no problem. Is there any fix for it?
    Thanks in advance.

Call T-Mobile and ask.

Next time start your own thread and don't hijack others'.
    quangtran1 likes this.
    03-22-15 06:01 PM
    I have the same issue with family who use iphone as they automatically send mms through imessage (which is complete bull) some texts! Get through while others don't.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 06:18 PM
    Call T-Mobile and ask.

Next time start your own thread and don't hijack others'.
    I wasn't hijacking your plan. The reason I was using this thread because it is AT&T Passport having messaging issue which is same as this thread. Its best to share a place rather than create clutter in mother nature.

03-22-15 07:35 PM
    I had the same problem with my BlackBerry after i got rid of my iphone but I had signed in on an ipod (that i used 2or3 times) that i totally forgot about. That's why i didn't get any iphone messages until i deactivated that too. Make sure you don't have anything tied to an apple product then it should be ok.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 07:51 PM
    I have the same issue with family who use iphone as they automatically send mms through imessage (which is complete bull) some texts! Get through while others don't.

Posted via CB10
    Two things...make sure in their iPhones they go to settings-messages-and switch on "Send as SMS when iMessage not available". That's on their end. For you if you recently had an iPhone. Google "deregister iPhone". Click on the Self Solve Apple site. Enter your phone number. You'll get a text and a 6 digit code. Put it in the website and it will deregister you. Now your last issue is to make sure anyone with an iPhone that has messages in a "thread" with you deletes the thread and you start messages over with a new message.

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    03-22-15 07:58 PM
    AT&T is full of crap and I suggest you call AT&T Support rather than going to a retail store. It's not possible for it to be on "BlackBerry's side" since text messages don't go through BlackBerry's NOC. It's 100% on AT&T's side or the sender's side and I'd suggest you ask AT&T to remove and then add SMS and MMS on your account in order to refresh.

Do you have an unlocked Passport or did you buy your Passport directly from AT&T? Are you on an official or leaked OS? Post a screenshot of your SMS Advanced Settings screen (Hub, side flow menu by clicking the three dots on bottom right, Settings, Text Messages, Advanced).
    I bought the passport from shopblackberry. And I have the official OS that was pushed out to the phone recently 1.3.1.2267

Here's the screen shot of the text message settings
    Why is my AT&T Passport receiving some text messages and ignoring others?-img_20150323_080653.png

I'll call ATT tonight and ask about the refresh settings

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:09 AM
    Two things...make sure in their iPhones they go to settings-messages-and switch on "Send as SMS when iMessage not available". That's on their end. For you if you recently had an iPhone. Google "deregister iPhone". Click on the Self Solve Apple site. Enter your phone number. You'll get a text and a 6 digit code. Put it in the website and it will deregister you. Now your last issue is to make sure anyone with an iPhone that has messages in a "thread" with you deletes the thread and you start messages over with a new message.

Sheesh and people complain about jumping through hoops to get an app on a BlackBerry rotfl!
    I've never had an iphone it's my family and friends with them who have an issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 12:13 AM
    Sheesh and people complain about jumping through hoops to get an app on a BlackBerry rotfl!
    I've never had an iphone it's my family and friends with them who have an issue.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, than just make sure their message settings have "Send As SMS when iMessage Unavailable" is checked GREEN. In iOS the default is off, so only iPhones can communicate with iPhones. They said they fixed it and lost millions in a class action suit, but it's clearly not fixed.

03-24-15 09:56 AM