Downloaded the latest software release 10.3.1.1565 to my Blackberry Passport (which had been working perfectly) and I now find it no longer recognises certain contacts and seems to have interfered with the functions of the Assistant. Is there a known fix for this?

Thank you

An update: I managed to resolve the issue by deleting the affected contacts on both my Passport and Gmail Contacts. Then entering them again in Gmail. Allowing the time for synchronisation the contacts now all appear and work fully with the Blackberry Assistant again. A messy solution but it seems to have worked for me.

Thank you for your responses
    Last edited by NEMal; 03-01-15 at 12:16 AM.
    02-25-15 02:53 AM
    My assistant voice stopped working for a while, though now it works. However, the assistant can't ever tell me what movies are playing, as it should.

For contacts, open those contacts and see what account they belong to. Ensure that account is listed as one you want to display. That'd be the first thing I'd check, as I had a similar issue.

As for a blanket fix, I don't think there is one yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:07 AM
    I have the same issue with contact. Contact can't recognize certain first name. Let say name is Daniel Craig. If you type Daniel, nothing will show up, if you type Craig, Daniel Craig will appear. Before upgrade, it's not perfect, but better. For Daniel Craig, you have to type at least 3 letter in order for the search to index any result , Dan, then a few on the list will appear. I do not use local contact. Purely google contact only.
    Why is my Passport no longer recognizing certain contacts?-img_20150225_203927.png
    Why is my Passport no longer recognizing certain contacts?-img_20150225_204020.png

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:42 AM
    Battery usage has still not settled, and I do have the flickering issue, though not often at all.

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    02-25-15 08:44 AM
    Having issues with Blend since update. Won't connect even though Link works fine. Anyone have same issue or solution??

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:09 AM
    Battery usage has become very much bad after the Update, earlier before the Update I use to have up to 60 to 70% of battery left after I return home from work, but now since yesterday I observe there is only 30 to 35% of battery. even with the little usage the phone gets a bit warm which was not at all a case with the previous OS.

I thought phones performance would grow slowly after the Update but in my case it's reverse, and not to miss the sound in Notifications, alarm and the Media it's a downgrade from the previous OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:25 AM
    Battery usage has still not settled, and I do have the flickering issue, though not often at all.

2280 is released specifically for that. Install that and and see if it works. The links are here in the forums.
    02-25-15 10:30 AM
    2280 is released specifically for that. Install that and and see if it works. The links are here in the forums.
    I don't think it's Official.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:37 AM
    I don't think it's Official.

Posted via CB10
    Considering Clewly posted about it, I would bet a buck it is official.

My bad, just reread the article. Eitherway, install the leak and test.
    02-25-15 10:41 AM
    I have the same issue with contact. Contact can't recognize certain first name. Let say name is Daniel Craig. If you type Daniel, nothing will show up, if you type Craig, Daniel Craig will appear. Before upgrade, it's not perfect, but better. For Daniel Craig, you have to type at least 3 letter in order for the search to index any result , Dan, then a few on the list will appear. I do not use local contact. Purely google contact only.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150225_203927.png 
Views:	637 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	336785
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150225_204020.png 
Views:	638 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	336786

Posted via CB10
    Just found out. The contact search is alright if I do it from the phone apps. Definitely a bug in contact apps. Did other have similar experience?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 01:31 PM
    I have some of the same issues. But my contact telephone numbers are gone completely. For instance my facebook or linkedin contacts that had a number are now gone I have over six hundred contacts and most less than half I've had this happen to. Names emails addresses but no phone numbers. Very annoying. I had this happen on the Z10, Z30 and now Passport. So much time wasted.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:13 PM
    This is the exact issue i had with 10.3.0!!!!!!! So frustrating, i tried everything aside from wiping and reloading the OS. It began right after I cleared my call log in the phone app. Thankfully after updating to 3.1 the contacts app is functioning correctly again. I feel your pain.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 11:39 PM
    Downloaded the latest software release 10.3.1.1565 to my Blackberry Passport (which had been working perfectly) and I now find it no longer recognises certain contacts and seems to have interfered with the functions of the Assistant. Is there a known fix for this?

Thank you
    Stop talking to these people they are probably evil!!! And the passport knows best!! Trust the passport!!

Loool

Use link to reload OS should be fine!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 11:47 PM
    I have the same experience as above with my Passport:
    - DeviceSwitch app (from Bold to Passport) merged some of my contacts - deadly sin IMHO
    - Search not accurate (sometimes it works by typing LESS characters)
    - Search from Phone app works different from Search in Contacts
    - Number recognition delayed (during the call it finds the match but hey...I need it BEFORE answering the call)

With over 1000 contacts I am not going to re-enter them all. I fail to understand that a perfectly working application on all my BlackBerries since 2002 should not work anymore. This is core functionality and and hopefully BlackBerry can restore the Classic reliability (and not only Classic as a device name..)!
    06-08-15 09:56 AM
    - DeviceSwitch app (from Bold to Passport) merged some of my contacts - deadly sin IMHO
    - Number recognition delayed (during the call it finds the match but hey...I need it BEFORE answering the call)

With over 1000 contacts I am not going to re-enter them all. I fail to understand that a perfectly working application on all my BlackBerries since 2002 should not work anymore. This is core functionality and and hopefully BlackBerry can restore the Classic reliability (and not only Classic as a device name..)!
    do reload the os. it solve the problem. I have the same problem, and reloading os solve it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1021235
    this guy have same issue and his issue is solve by os reload as well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-08-15 12:49 PM

These days I only use the phone app to look up my contacts, works like a charm. Still silly indeed that a working app got so effed up in bb10

06-09-15 03:05 AM