I bought the Passport few weeks. Fired it up no issue. I did the latest software update as asked by the phone. Once the software was installed and the device rebooted, it got to 100% and nothing happened. A hard reboot solved the issue. Was able to use the phone for 2 weeks with no issue.

Before I went to bed last night I plugged the phone for charging, this morning I noticed the phone was showing the Blackberry logo. So I did a hard reboot it got to 100% and nothing. It immediately did a reboot by itself. Got to 100% and nothing. I've done 10 hard reboots. Gets to 100% and it doesn't move beyond the BB logo.

Anybody else experienced this? Any solutions? Saw couple of threads but didn't see any answers that solves my issue. Any help as always be greatly appreciated.
    BBJonbo likes this.
    11-09-14 09:54 AM
    Find a autoloader and install it. I've noticed lately that OTA updates even on Apple are not the best. Find the stickie that Thurask has made and download the OS you want to run.

Here is Thurask archive.

[url]http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=943672

And here is how to

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=927076
    Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-09-14 09:57 AM
    11-09-14 10:03 AM
    Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, this is beyond my scope. I am most likely returning it to the store.

My second question is anybody know how to power off the Passport completely. So I can attempt a reloading of the official software. BB Link seems to recognize the passport when powered off, not when it's frozen. Holding down the power button put it in the loop of rebooting.
    11-09-14 10:39 AM
    It's quite easy to run an autoloader, just follow the steps in this guide:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    11-09-14 10:44 AM
    Inside the Passport box is a card with a toll free number to call for free 30 day support. Have you tried calling BlackBerry?
    11-09-14 10:47 AM
    Inside the Passport box is a card with a toll free number to call for free 30 day support. Have you tried calling BlackBerry?
    That will be my final attempt before returning it. It's too bad I really liked the passport too.
    11-09-14 10:49 AM
    That will be my final attempt before returning it. It's too bad I really liked the passport too.
    Then get a replacement. In fact you could do that anyway, since it's brand new. Just tell them the problem, that you think you've got a Friday afternoon build and ask them to replace it. It happens with any type of phone sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 10:51 AM
    You could try taken out the SIM and SDCARD and do the hard reset again.
    If that works, use BB Link to re-load the OS.
    11-09-14 10:56 AM
    You could try taken out the SIM and SDCARD and do the hard reset again.
    If that works, use BB Link to re-load the OS.
    No luck with SIM card taken out reboot. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    11-09-14 11:08 AM
    No luck with SIM card taken out reboot. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Try holding the volume up and down buttons in together until the screen goes black.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:48 AM
    Try holding the volume up and down buttons in together until the screen goes black.

Posted via CB10
    That also seem to do the reboot. But not a complete power down. Which leads back to the cycle of of getting to 100% and freezing. I think I will just exchange it. Corrupt OS.
    11-09-14 12:06 PM
    That also seem to do the reboot. But not a complete power down. Which leads back to the cycle of of getting to 100% and freezing. I think I will just exchange it. Corrupt OS.
    It's new, you shouldn't be having these problems nor spend hours or days trying to fix it. Exchange it and get another and write it off as a bad build.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 12:13 PM
    Hi OP, it seems that the removable cover used for the sim card and memory card may be the culprit. It could be pressing the power button. Perhaps remove the cover and see if it stops the endless rebooting?
    11-09-14 12:15 PM
    Which is why people suggested to use a autoloader in the first place. It's either that or get it replaced.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 12:18 PM
    Hi, @louisrielle

If you're comfortable with LINK then you should be good to go with one of two methods to get the phone back online. It's all the same process.

It's a little easier on a PC because there are more options under Windows.

Please put your SIM back in and then please try this:

1) Connect your device to your PC using a USB cable that you trust (ideally the one that came with the phone). Don't worry about the little dance that your device is doing at the moment.

2) Make sure you're running the latest LINK (& Blend). There was a new release published last week (Nov 4) and you can get it here: BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - Canada

3) Running LINK - go up to the right top of the window and click Preferences. The second choice is 'Reload software'. Select that and let LINK try and detect the device. It may take a couple of moments because your phone is misbehaving at the moment. LINK should detect your phone and ask if it's OK to reload it.

Your phone should stop rebooting itself as LINK now has control of it and within about 10 minutes or so your phone should be new again.

4) If that did not work - leave everything connected as is. It's all the same setup to try this second step.

5) At the top of this page (http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-967016/) is a list of "autoloaders" for the various devices. A few lines down from the top is a link to the Passport autoloader on Bitcasa. Personally I prefer MEGA so the link for the Passport autoloader is at https://mega.co.nz/#!6xhAFAKK!mxAnvj...lrW2XaZ2f1suKg

6) Download and open up that ZIP file. (Most PC's have ZIP built in so you shouldn't need anything extra to do this).

7) Inside that ZIP file is an autoloader - just a fancy name for everything-all-in-one and it contains the same thing that your Carrier would have sent you over the air. Simply running that program with your BlackBerry attached will force the phone to accept software update. Because it's attached by USB it's like it has no choice and it should just connect and reboot and be new again.

This is the same revision that your phone should normally be running so if you DO exchange it there won't be any questions about 'leaks' being installed.

In the hugely unlikely event that IF ALL OF THAT didn't do it then exchange your phone for one you like.
    11-09-14 12:22 PM
    Hi, @louisrielle

If you're comfortable with LINK then you should be good to go with one of two methods to get the phone back online. It's all the same process.

It's a little easier on a PC because there are more options under Windows.

Please put your SIM back in and then please try this:

1) Connect your device to your PC using a USB cable that you trust (ideally the one that came with the phone). Don't worry about the little dance that your device is doing at the moment.

2) Make sure you're running the latest LINK (& Blend). There was a new release published last week (Nov 4) and you can get it here: BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - Canada

3) Running LINK - go up to the right top of the window and click Preferences. The second choice is 'Reload software'. Select that and let LINK try and detect the device. It may take a couple of moments because your phone is misbehaving at the moment. LINK should detect your phone and ask if it's OK to reload it.

Your phone should stop rebooting itself as LINK now has control of it and within about 10 minutes or so your phone should be new again.

4) If that did not work - leave everything connected as is. It's all the same setup to try this second step.

5) At the top of this page (http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-967016/) is a list of "autoloaders" for the various devices. A few lines down from the top is a link to the Passport autoloader on Bitcasa. Personally I prefer MEGA so the link for the Passport autoloader is at https://mega.co.nz/#!6xhAFAKK!mxAnvj...lrW2XaZ2f1suKg

6) Download and open up that ZIP file. (Most PC's have ZIP built in so you shouldn't need anything extra to do this).

7) Inside that ZIP file is an autoloader - just a fancy name for everything-all-in-one and it contains the same thing that your Carrier would have sent you over the air. Simply running that program with your BlackBerry attached will force the phone to accept software update. Because it's attached by USB it's like it has no choice and it should just connect and reboot and be new again.

This is the same revision that your phone should normally be running so if you DO exchange it there won't be any questions about 'leaks' being installed.

In the hugely unlikely event that IF ALL OF THAT didn't do it then exchange your phone for one you like.
    Thank you so much WArcher. The first part of your suggestion worked. Using the Link and going through the preference. For some reason prior to your advice it just wouldn't reinstall the latest OS.

I basically downloaded Blackberry Blend, had the latest link. Had both open and tried your suggestion. It WORKED.

Thanks again for your detailed explanation. Much appreciated.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-09-14 01:47 PM
    Glad to hear that you are back up and running. Fingers crossed that your issue was a one off event.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 02:08 PM
    Hi Louisrielle,

I'm glad you got your phone up and running again. This just happened to my father-in-law's phone 2 days ago. We tried all those things and nothing worked but it was still less than 30 days so he was able to send it back and got another one from Amazon. In fact, the second one came in today which I was surprised as it is Sunday. We still don't know who delivered it as it was on the front porch when we got back from church.

Anyways, I was wondering if you are on Tmobile and was your update a 1.4 gb file? Also, did it stop in the middle of your update and you had to re-start it? This happened to my FIL's and someone else's phone on crackberry said the same thing. Not sure if there is a pattern, but if yours did the same thing, then that makes 3 now. I'm a little nervous on updating his new phone if it is not already on. 908. If it isn't, I think I'm going to tell him to pass till another newer update arrives.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 04:39 PM
    Hi Louisrielle,

I'm glad you got your phone up and running again. This just happened to my father-in-law's phone 2 days ago. We tried all those things and nothing worked but it was still less than 30 days so he was able to send it back and got another one from Amazon. In fact, the second one came in today which I was surprised as it is Sunday. We still don't know who delivered it as it was on the front porch when we got back from church.

Anyways, I was wondering if you are on Tmobile and was your update a 1.4 gb file? Also, did it stop in the middle of your update and you had to re-start it? This happened to my FIL's and someone else's phone on crackberry said the same thing. Not sure if there is a pattern, but if yours did the same thing, then that makes 3 now. I'm a little nervous on updating his new phone if it is not already on. 908. If it isn't, I think I'm going to tell him to pass till another newer update arrives.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Rick-TJR,

I am on Bell in Canada. The file size was't that big. Around 900 MB.I know when I activated my phone after I bought it. It immediately said that there was an update available. Which was the latest version being pushed out to most carriers. Downloaded and installed. No issue, it did a reboot automatically after installation and it froze up when it got to 100%. So I did a hard reset and it booted up fine the second time.

I had no issue for two weeks, everything was working fine till I plugged it in for a charge and when I woke up this morning I noticed it had done a reboot and it was stuck at BB logo and 100%. No amount of rebooting did anything. That's when I posted on the forum. Followed the advice of WArcher and it seems to be working fine.
    Last edited by louisrielle; 11-09-14 at 08:43 PM.
    11-09-14 07:28 PM
    Sounds like the Ota update screwed something up on the software end but glad you figured it out

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 07:41 PM
    Thanks for the reply,

So I'm guessing that there is something in the. 908 update that is causing this. His was fine for 2 weeks also, then went into the flashing LED and keyboard but the screen was black.

Robert had a similar problem with his and is on. 908 too. He got it working by holding the power key and the up and down volume button for over 10 seconds. I tried everything but that. I hope there is no next time, but I will certainly try that if it does.

Thanks again.
    Enjoy your passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 08:09 PM
    Sounds like the Ota update screwed something up on the software end but glad you figured it out

Posted via CB10
    HI folks - just thinking aloud with fingers on the keyboard...

Perhaps the more cautious of us might want to turn of "Auto Update" (Settings, Software Updates, then the little settings icon at the bottom of that screen) . The Passport is really new and even AT&T (known for its ultra conservative release of anything let along software updates) allowed a damaged update to go through.

Perhaps - just thinking aloud still - you want to check here when you hear of a new update and let others figure it out first?
    11-10-14 01:19 AM
    Most odd, I am also on .1418 loaded via Sachesi.

Had my first crash with it today after 3 weeks of faultless running.

Picked the phone up and it didn't wake up as it should so swiped to wake, nothing. No flashing red light or any sign of life at all. Knew batter was fine as only been of charge for 4 hours.

Pressing and holding power button did nothing, same with volume keys.

Plugged into Link to see if phone would be recognised, it was, red light started flashing so held the power button down and lo and behold, the thing rebooted !!!

Now here is the other odd thing, I was connected to Blend when the phone crashed. As I was messing with the phone to get it running I went to go on CB. Page wouldn't load on my Laptop, checked network connection, no internet access !!

When the phone rebooted WiFi on same network as my PC automatically connected and was working fine (turned device radio off to make sure)

Had to re boot the Laptop to restore WiFi access.

Now, was it just coincidence, or did the Laptop crash the Passport, or did the Passport bugger up the Laptop ??

Had the 2 not been linked with Blend I would have put it down to coincidence, but what do you guys think ?
    11-10-14 07:44 AM
    Went to Telus store and sent mine to be repaired by Blackberry. Very frustrating the phone works for few minutes then it reboots endlessly.
    I hope to recieve the new fressh one soon.. now on a Q10 loaner man this Q10 is a dwarf cannot wait to get it back.
    11-19-14 12:50 PM
26 12