Hi people,

my Passport SE is massively clipping during audio recordings or taking video, for examples at concerts, no matter if I use internal camera, voice memo, parrot or whatsapp.
    It starts clipping at very low noises, even if you speak directly into the mic with a strong voice, never had that problem with a mobile before.
    Does any of you has had this problem before, or is it maybe due to hardware malfunction?

Thank you for your help!
    04-01-16 12:41 PM
    It would seem to me that if you're recording loud music it will clip by nature. Have you tried recording music from a low volume source?
    04-01-16 03:38 PM
    Hi Moonhacker,
    yes of course I did, I'm actually very satisfied with the stereo recording quality of the BB.

I'm making some music, mainly playing the piano and we often catch up some sounds or musical phrases just plain with the instrument. With my phones before (iPhone 5 / 6 or Samsung) I never had this problem, because mic-sensitivity is automatically adjusting to the sound environment. And the sensitivity on the BB just seems to be fixed to a very small amount. You can't hold it next to a piano, just like you could easily do with an iPhone.
    Or some nights ago, i filmed a small jazz combo in a bar, which was playing not very silent but at medium volume, you couldn't recognize anything on the video later on...

Isn't there anyone with the same problem, if so he/she should have recognized it, because it's very annoying.
    04-01-16 04:51 PM
    When recording audio alone, what app are you using? Also, have you tried adjusting the main volume? I have to say that I've never had to use it in that way to develope a clipping, but I'll experiment and let you know what I find.

Posted via Passport running 10.3.2.2876
    04-02-16 06:44 PM
    Reboot your device. There is an app which hasn't properly 'closed' the microphone. The developer of parrot told me about this issue and he says it usually fixes the problem (until you open the culprit app again)
    04-02-16 06:51 PM
    Reboot your device. There is an app which hasn't properly 'closed' the microphone. The developer of parrot told me about this issue and he says it usually fixes the problem (until you open the culprit app again)
    That sounds about right...

Posted via Passport running 10.3.2.2876
    04-02-16 09:14 PM