No map data for my country.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 09:10 AM
    No map data for my country.

Posted via CB10
    really... I found so many, may I ask which country?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 10:26 AM
    If I know exactly where I'm going, for instance to a contact or a meeting that has good location data, or if the location is already entered in BlackBerry Maps, I'll use BlackBerry Maps.
    If I want to find a specific location like a restaurant or something, or want to ride a bike or walk, I'll take Google Maps.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 11:31 AM
    really... I found so many, may I ask which country?

Posted via CB10
    Lebanon, found data how where??

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 10:19 AM
    I have had decent luck with Blackberry Maps but if does have issues at times in newer areas. I find Navfree to be an excellent Nav app and you can use Google maps as an integrated part to download the map and not use data. It also has POI's and other add-ons.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-12-15 11:38 AM
    From my Jamaican Passport
    09-12-15 11:48 AM
    Well it don't work in Jamaica

Why a lot of you use Google maps what's wrong with the native app?-img_20150912_114828.png

From my Jamaican Passport
    09-12-15 11:49 AM
    Simply because offline mode is unbeatable. Even in the event of you're actually using the map app with your data enabled, when you get in an area where there's no connection, you can't count on BlackBerry Maps!
    09-12-15 11:50 AM

However BlackBerry maps does a much better job at pronouncing French street names in Quebec, Google pronunciation is just mind boggling bad to the point of being funny.

Posted via CB10
    I second that! I have used the GPS extensively in France and it feels so good to have the voice indications in English with a correct French pronounciation of the street names.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-12-15 11:54 AM
    I had been using BlackBerry Maps for a while. After changing some options, it would never suggest routes on the highway even when that option was on. I eventually found that you could clear the app. It worked fine then but still did take me odd routes once in a while.

However, I had a huge problem with it while traveling this weekend and finally couldn't defend it anymore. I was in Maryland trying to find someone's house and dead ended at a road that had not been available for a while due to construction. I had to call someone to get help. For the entire weekend, the app had every route going through this closure or around it the wrong way.

In contrast, my wife's Samsung Galaxy S4 GPS knew to avoid that area and took us on the appropriate detour each time. She made fun of my BlackBerry the whole time.

What service does Maps use? TomTom right? Perhaps they should consider switching providers.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 09-16-15 at 07:47 AM.
    KeySafeLock likes this.
    09-16-15 06:16 AM
    What service does Maps use? TomTom right? Perhaps they should consider switching providers.
    I've been wondering whether they'll continue to support BB Maps at all, as they transition to Android. I guess they have to continue to support BB10 for a while yet, but I'm sure Chen would like to get out of the contract with TomTom at the earliest opportunity, and not have to use any developer resources on Maps.
    09-16-15 08:48 AM
    I've been wondering whether they'll continue to support BB Maps at all, as they transition to Android. I guess they have to continue to support BB10 for a while yet, but I'm sure Chen would like to get out of the contract with TomTom at the earliest opportunity, and not have to use any developer resources on Maps.
    Well, they need a provider. A transition to Android does not guarantee that Google services will be available.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 09:15 AM
    Just wondering because I think that the stock application runs pretty good

Posted via CB10
    I live in Bolivia and BlackBerry maps has no data for my country. Google maps does. Waze has even better data for this parts of the world.

CB10 on BlackBerry  Passport 10.3.2
    09-16-15 09:41 AM
    Well, they need a provider. A transition to Android does not guarantee that Google services will be available.
    If they do Android without Google Services, they might as well not bother. The whole point of going Android is to fix the app gap, which required Play Store access. So, on the assumption that the slider has Google Services, there doesn't seem to be much reason to try to port BB Maps to it. A lot of people seem to prefer Google Maps anyway, and in any case there are other navigation services in Play. So the only reason to keep BB Maps around would be for BB10 devices, which may soon be orphaned.
    09-16-15 11:30 AM
    Well for starters my office is listed in the wrong location on BlackBerry maps.

And it seems as if many addresses just do not exist.

I usually use Waze so I can avoid traffic while having a good GPS.

And I love the warnings Waze give before a camera at a traffic light.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    09-16-15 11:35 AM
    I've gotten wrong directions a few times on the native app

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 12:51 PM
    Well for starters my office is listed in the wrong location on BlackBerry maps.

And it seems as if many addresses just do not exist.

I usually use Waze so I can avoid traffic while having a good GPS.

And I love the warnings Waze give before a camera at a traffic light.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    Waze is awesome. I like that it provides different route options. However, I have found that the Android version for me lags too much.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 04:41 PM
    Lebanon, found data how where??

Posted via CB10
    Go to upgrades / maps Asia

Why a lot of you use Google maps what's wrong with the native app?-img_20150916_235125.png

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 04:54 PM
    Why don't you all try maps.me in BlackBerry World? It has data for Lebanon and lots of other countries. I like it a lot for offline use.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 05:22 PM
    Because Google Maps just work, and works great.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-16-15 05:23 PM
    Why don't you all try maps.me in BlackBerry World? It has data for Lebanon and lots of other countries. I like it a lot for offline use.

Posted via CB10
    I would imagine offline maps don't have up to date info on things like construction and detours,

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 05:49 PM
    Did you enable location services?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 09:33 PM
    Did you enable location services?

Posted via CB10
    Yes if that was directed at me.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:46 PM
    Still a long way to go for BlackBerry maps in India. Google maps do much better here

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 06:18 AM
    No maps in Per�.
    Switched to Google Maps and it works, I can have the traffic report also, waiting for an update of Blackberry since my first BB 9780 with no results, so for me is useless.
    09-17-15 11:09 AM
184 ... 5678