I'm using BlackBerry Maps 99% of time and Mireo when the cell signal is weak.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-11-15 03:42 PM
    I use the native maps option and have never had an issue. It works great on my road trips.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 04:27 PM
    There are numerous blackberry handsets in Kenya and personally I use one, at the end of it is a map application and im sure it is not an up hill task for blackberry to plot the map and bring the functionality to all its loyals.
    That's futile logic. Just because many people use it doesn't mean it's officially supported
    08-12-15 06:55 AM
    In Toronto, driving on the 401, BlackBerry maps will have you get on and off the collector lanes for no apparent reason. While a lot of POIs are searchable certain things aren't, so you end up doing a google search and copy the location (try Lac Leamy beach in Ottawa on both, you will see.what I mean). Google does a much better job of figuring out what you mean when searching for a location. Google also presents you with route alternatives and time cost when starting and on the fly.

However BlackBerry maps does a much better job at pronouncing French street names in Quebec, Google pronunciation is just mind boggling bad to the point of being funny.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 07:07 AM
    I tested both for the same routes and google maps delivered more accurate routes
    Exactly!

Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-12-15 05:19 PM
    When I ran a Nexus 4, and traveled across 5 states, Gmaps was extremely helpful with rerouting due to traffic jams ahead!
    08-12-15 05:44 PM
    I love the native app. It's simplicity makes it so much more functional. Never steers me wrong. Google takes too much time to load and has too many buttons and distracting interface.
    08-12-15 06:39 PM
    Before there was a reason for me to use BlackBerry Map because I like the voice for navigation and it's generally smoother, now Android runtime has improved to a point that the voice and the smoothness in GMAP is acceptable for me if not as good, there is really no reason not to use Google Maps on my Passport anymore.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-12-15 06:58 PM
    While I use BlackBerry Maps exclusively for driving/ navigating, I also use Google Maps for searches. So I search Google Maps for an address and input that into BlackBerry Maps for driving there.

Posted via CB10
    BeMaps Pro will do that for you...Google maps for search, then feeds the location over to the native maps app for turn by turn if you want it.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 09:11 PM
    Not availible in my country Suriname

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 05:57 AM
    In Toronto, driving on the 401, BlackBerry maps will have you get on and off the collector lanes for no apparent reason.
    I've started to notice this. Very annoying.
    08-13-15 06:39 AM
    I guess it all depends on where you live and what you use it for. I find BB Maps much better for driving directions that Google Maps and it will actually pronounce french street names correctly (I live in Ottawa so this comes in handy when I'm across the river). Google driving directions pronunciation can be quite funny.

On the flip side, if I'm trying to find a point of interest (coffee shop, restaurant, etc.), I'll use Google Maps as BB Maps is pretty useless.

Admittedly too, BB needs to fill in the gaps for their mapping information as there are a lot of countries that aren't covered. If they use TomTom as the backend, I wonder if their car GPS's are missing that info as well...
    08-13-15 09:12 AM
    If you travel anywhere outside of north America, ie: Asia Pacific, BlackBerry map is basically useless. Plz stop saying it's fine, it is fine for my home (VA), but most of other part of the world is just lame with BlackBerry map.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:08 PM
    Native map is just ancient..no compete with Google map or Here

Posted via CB10
    Define 'ancient' please. Your comment is complete hyperbole.

Back to the subject, it depends where you are using BlackBerry Maps. For me, it works very well. I don't need any other mapping application. For others where Maps doesn't provide coverage, well other applications are definitely needed.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:23 PM
    I've used BlackBerry navigation a few times in LA. It's not bad but it seemed to want me to make A LOT of unnecessary turns. Turn right here. Now left here. Now right here. Now left here. Now right here. Now left here. Now right here. Do you know how hard a single left turn is in LA, much less 3 in quick succession? When all I would have had to do is drive straight a ways and make a single easy right. Guh.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    08-14-15 01:43 AM
    What's right with BlackBerry native maps app would have been easier thread to go throw.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 12:37 AM
    Bicycling directions
    Walking directions
    Public Transport

Those are my main reasons.

Q10/10.3.2
    08-15-15 12:59 AM
    Bicycling directions
    Walking directions
    Public Transport

Those are my main reasons.

Q10/10.3.2
    Fair point. I must take public transport and walk everywhere. I guess I'm lucky enough to live in a city with enough main drags to know which trains or busses to get then walk. The rare times I do not I don't I just use the transit trip planner. Nonetheless I understand the value of not having to go to a second source if I lived elsewhere.
    08-19-15 02:25 PM
    Mead subway and bus station drawer on the native BlackBerry map

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 05:58 PM
    Well, Mr. President, perhaps you should go Android.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 06:44 PM
    not too sure, if anybody mentioned that yet - but google maps allows you to download sections for later use - so you do not need and/or use up data - this is my main concern - otherwise of course HERE would be just the thing to have, offline maps, accurate what all ...
    08-19-15 07:51 PM
    BlackBerry maps works fine for me, I use it three to four times a day and gets me where I need to be very accurately (UK and searching by Postcode). The issues I have with it is when I lose data. The Map application doesn't download the entire route when you set off. So halfway through your trip Maps won't work, until you get data again. A real pain when going to the New Forest.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 04:27 AM
    Google Maps has a lot more than directions. If I'm headed to a restaurant, I can look up where it is, click on the listing, get the phone number, see reviews, see photos, go to the website, etc. All these things missing from BlackBerry Maps.

BlackBerry Maps fine for basic nav through, IME.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    08-20-15 05:10 AM
    Wrong.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    What's wrong?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 07:07 AM
    navfree works great in Switzerland and has offline maps, have a phonebook integretion (not working fully on my Q10) and a search over google and foursquare...they even should be adding card export

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 09:07 AM
184 ... 45678