Have the ATT version of Passport and the maps constantly loose my connection to satellites while driving. Not sure if it is just an ATT thing or what. I have heard turning off data while using it helps but have not attempted this myself (only read it yesterday).
    So that is. The next thing I will try. If it is a ATT data thing messing with the location services then not sure if any other mapping solution won't have the same problem. So kind of hoping an update hits soon from ATT then I can see if a gamble on another program is worth it. Don't use maps all that often but sure would like them to work when I do. Lol.

Does anyone else have the same issue as me? Running stock OS from ATT.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:27 AM
    Have the ATT version of Passport and the maps constantly loose my connection to satellites while driving. Not sure if it is just an ATT thing or what. I have heard turning off data while using it helps but have not attempted this myself (only read it yesterday).
    So that is. The next thing I will try. If it is a ATT data thing messing with the location services then not sure if any other mapping solution won't have the same problem. So kind of hoping an update hits soon from ATT then I can see if a gamble on another program is worth it. Don't use maps all that often but sure would like them to work when I do. Lol.

Does anyone else have the same issue as me? Running stock OS from ATT.

Posted via CB10
    I'm using the unlocked Passport on AT&T and haven't had any issues, but I have seen other people with the AT&T Passport claim they have issues with their gps.

Have you tried any other mapping app? If it doesn't work with all other mapping apps then it's matter of hardware or OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:57 AM
    I just discovered that blackberry maps is fine after several failing attempts to make Google maps works.
    BlackBerry maps did the job perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 07:01 AM
    I wonder why we are so worried about Google maps. Wouldn't be easier trying to discover and repair the reason that makes here maps not work.

I am used to here apps and they are great.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 07:54 AM
    Offline maps...
    06-01-15 08:12 AM
    BlackBerry maps don't work in the Caribbean, I hope they fix that real soon.

BlackBerry Z30 / 10.3.2.680 / Jamaica...
    06-01-15 08:47 AM
    The Dead looks of the map discourage one away from BlackBerry Map.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 09:00 AM
    Any response from the developers? I hve to agree that its rridiculous not to have it for the current flagship phone.

Just checked again in BB World, and LifeInPocket is not there. (Wisconsin, US) Thanks.
    06-04-15 11:28 PM
    Guys, I got a recommended app called navfree and seems very good! Try it!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 12:08 AM
    Any response from the developers? I hve to agree that its rridiculous not to have it for the current flagship phone.

Just checked again in BB World, and LifeInPocket is not there. (Wisconsin, US) Thanks.
    No response yet.
    06-05-15 05:52 PM
    I really love the Map app itself but the map data is not as comprehensive as say Google's or Nokia's. At least for Eastern Europe.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 06:02 PM
    I would love to use the native maps more often but Google maps is much better for new streets and subdivisions which I need quite often

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 06:17 PM
    I wonder why we are so worried about Google maps. Wouldn't be easier trying to discover and repair the reason that makes here maps not work.

I am used to here apps and they are great.

Posted via CB10
    easier to get a functioning app to work on passport than it is to get a bad app to get redeveloped
    06-05-15 09:12 PM
    i always used Navfree and never had any issue, i wonder why nobody talks about that great and free alternative.
    We have Navfree as well, LifeinPocket does a whole lot more, unfortunately it appears to be limited depending on device, not on Passport...and maybe others. Works perfectly on Z10 and Z30.
    terminatorx likes this.
    06-07-15 02:06 AM
    In my country it's mostly a plain grid of roads.. it doesn't contain any information about places of interest.. nothing.. only the occasional hospital.
    But I'm optimistic. When I first got the Z10 there was nothing, not even cities or streets, only the main high ways.
    So it's getting there..

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 02:19 AM
    In my country it's mostly a plain grid of roads.. it doesn't contain any information about places of interest.. nothing.. only the occasional hospital.
    But I'm optimistic. When I first got the Z10 there was nothing, not even cities or streets, only the main high ways.
    So it's getting there..

Posted via CB10
    Try LifeinPocket... BlackBerry Maps, Google Street view, search for POI, restaurants, gas, flights, car hire, traffic and much more...
    06-13-15 12:02 AM
    Google knows where the lidl is

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 03:11 AM
    In my experience, BlackBerry maps just isn't good enough on the whole. There are places it can't find, I sometimes get the odd random error ("cannot communicate with server" or something like that), sometimes even in mid-navigation, and just forget about using it with walking mode. I however have found Navfree to be very reliable. Show speed limits (although it often gets them wrong), you can download maps for offline usage, has several search engines including Foursquare and Google, meaning that If you can't find a location Google will find it most of the time. The only thing I could say wrong about it is that the interface is a bit messy and couterintuitive, but once you get used to it it's all right. I recently used it to go from France all the way to Galway, Ireland. It's very good.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 doesn't support it.
    93Aero likes this.
    06-13-15 04:23 AM
    While I use BlackBerry Maps exclusively for driving/ navigating, I also use Google Maps for searches. So I search Google Maps for an address and input that into BlackBerry Maps for driving there.

Posted via CB10
    sonicpix likes this.
    06-13-15 08:45 AM
    I use BBMAPS almost exclusively. I really prefer native apps over Android apps...the UI is much nicer.

The only problem I have is BBMAPS tells me to take slip roads when i shouldn't. It cause me some minor problems in Montreal once but now I know better.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 09:05 AM
    Guys, I got a recommended app called navfree and seems very good! Try it!

Posted via CB10
    I tested navfree and it was the only app that wanted me to make an illegal U-turn at a major intersection right off a highway. I deleted it.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 09:07 AM
    Had to chime in as this is one of the main reasons i switched away from BB as my primary phone. As someone with a very poor sens of direction, a good map app is vital. BB maps would cut out, lose signal and somehow always managed to find a strange route that wasnt the most ideal. It is slow and doesn't do well with on the fly turns that come quickly. I also had too many silly "make the next available u-turn" message come up with voice directions. Even the sounds in the app drove me nuts.

You need to commit to Maps on iOS to see just how great apple does it.
    I day dream of a Android app package built for BB made up of a few key apps that included Google Maps.
    06-13-15 10:08 AM
    The transit directions in Google Maps is extremely well done, the only thing that comes close is Nokia Here.

• You can pick different modes of public transportation
    • You can tell it what time you want to arrive and it'll tell you when to leave based on the method of public transportation
    • The latest version of Google Maps has full offline capability
    • The businesses database is EXTREMELY upto date. Compared to Apple Maps for example.
    • Ability to sync data with the web version of Google Maps

• Google treats Google Maps like an actual "product" they have a dedicated department that adds new features and constantly improves Google Maps. Blackberry just builds things half assed just to say they "have that feature". Google Maps is just the GOLD standard that everyone is trying to aspire to.
    • For example the music player pre 10.3 was terrible it scans your devices for all the sound files and includes ringtones in your play list WITH NO WAY TO HIDE THEM.
    • The built in contacts app could not support groups or contact photos for iCloud, it also didn't map fields properely it only sucked down your contacts and barfed them out to you in 1 list. I don't mind that Blackberry doesn't provide their own email, calendar, contacts cloud apps like Apple, Yahoo!, Google or Microsoft but atleast do third party integrations properly I mean they're already saving a boat load by not providing their own.
    Last edited by blee4; 06-13-15 at 10:59 AM.
    06-13-15 10:46 AM
    Try LifeinPocket... BlackBerry Maps, Google Street view, search for POI, restaurants, gas, flights, car hire, traffic and much more...

Why a lot of you use Google maps what's wrong with the native app?-img_20150613_115535.png

Not in BBW??

Posted via my awesome Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.680 with T-Mobile Unlimited Data
    06-13-15 10:56 AM
    Google Maps
    - shows live traffic
    - knows all POIs
    - builds maps way faster than the native BlackBerry map
    - lets you choose the way of transportation
    - provides satellite view

I have installed an older version so it does not ask me to log in. For longer trips I use Mireo Don't Panic together with a speed trap warner. But in the city Google Maps is the best choice. I have looked at BlackBerry Maps but quickly dismissed it as it takes ages until the actual map appears.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 10:57 AM
184 ... 23456 ...