Hey all,

I am working with a clients Passport device. He had issues with the SMS database, so I had to wipe and clear via Link. I made several backups of the device - some that included the SMS database, some that did not. I learned that the data was kept in the "local device settings/calendar/contacts" part, so when I restored I restored everything but that. All went well, until I learned that he can't get his passwords from Password Keeper. I have messaged (twitter) blackberryhelp to see what they have to say. I have come across their KB's on the website saying that they have previous resolved this isssue - clearly not, since I am encountering it now.

When I restore using a good backup that has the PK data, I select only it, and the device reboots. When launching the PK app, it comes up with no passwords saved.

Help!
    01-09-15 03:13 PM
    Had a problem like this switching to the passport. Delete the pk app, wipe the device. Restore your data, then install the pk app. When I opened the pk app it let me know an existing database was there and had me enter my old password for it.

Good luck tho. =(
    01-11-15 05:06 AM
    Load 10.3.1.1154 and you will have cloud backup/sync of password keeper. I had same issue with earlier builds. I'm not sure what OS you have loaded but give what I suggested a try and you'll be happy.

NewsFlash! The highest rankin g American citizen is using a BlackBerry
    01-11-15 05:39 AM
    Please type 'myver' (without quotes) and followed by a space. Go into BlackBerry World and tell us the installed version Password Keeper. Perhaps you can be lucky

Q10 SQN100-3 on 10.3.1.1949
    01-11-15 05:42 AM
    I'm running stock PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 with pk at 10.3.0.54

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 03:17 PM
    This device is with a client of mine that i am visiting again this AM. I'll be posting more details once I am hands on with the phone again.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    01-14-15 06:59 AM
    Hey all,

I never got a proper response from Blackberry. Their ridiculous antics with asking people to message them on twitter instead of having proper email support queues is pathetic. Over a week in, they asked me the same questions (what device, what software version) every single day as if they were a six year old with ADHD. Not useful.

I resolved the issue myself. I took a spare Z10 that I had, and loaded up one of the 3 backups I had in the first place. I decided on using the full ~3GB backup that included the bad SMS database from the source problem I was resolving (off topic). I restored, rebooted and about 10 minutes in the password keeper app recognized that it had a database that it could open. I opened it up (reminder: on the Z10), and manually entered the hundreds of records to the Passport by hand. Took two hours with someone reading the data to me - pathetic. I've now used the 'export' option from the PK application and archived the data on their server. I've also turned on the 'Cloud Sync' option now, since that is available.

So dear Blackberry - get your **** together, you used to do backups and restores perfectly every time. Now, you just left me in the dark and asked me the same questions over and over on a service made for 12 year-olds who can't write more than 140 characters at a time.
    01-15-15 01:00 PM
    Glad you got it resolved tho!

What? A signature?!
    01-17-15 04:04 AM
    Just had the same issue on my Z10. I reloaded the current OS via Link and was missing my list of entries in Password Keeper. I wasn't able to see them until I restored "Device Settings and Local Contacts/Calendar data".
    01-19-15 04:01 PM
    I just loaded my Passport with 10.3.1.2072 and reinstalled PK.
    I don't even see the Cloud Synch option in the setting.

Does anyone knows why? The PK version is 10.3.0.54 and that's the only option I see in the BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    02-06-15 08:37 PM
    I'm running PK version 10.3.1.33. It has the cloud sync option.
    I am running a leaked 10.3.1, maybe I got this PK app version with the leak. I could have sworn I upgraded via BlackBerry World maybe 2 months ago or so.

Why isn't my Password keeper restore working?-img_20150207_003423.png

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 11:39 PM
    Umm. I think it could be because I restored some of my phone data and it undid the packaged PK app. I'll try to reflash.

02-07-15 01:35 AM
    Reapplied the leak and unselected Password Keeper from the restore list.
    All good now. I didn't realise the app will not be able to reload through BlackBerry World

02-07-15 05:13 AM
    I need help please, I accidentally deleted the password keeper icon so i reinstalled it but nothing is coming back ,i tried to import password but this is what I'm getting
    Attachment 335405

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:59 PM