Hello!
    Bought a Not for Sale Unit BlackBerry Passport (made in Canada), used from a friend of mine. The day after purchase, I got messages from friends of mine saying they could not reach me, �unavailable, out of reach, not within the network�. I can make calls, but I cannot be called. My network settings are 2g/3g since my office has poor coverage (from Orange Romania), and the setting is �automatic�. Tried again to take out the nano sim card, clean it and reinsert it, still to no avail. Out of three attempts to call (from another phone) 2 were not successful, one got through. Is it a software, hardware issue, or is the network coverage so bad that things like this happen? I mention that this also happens in good coverage areas. Before this phone, I had a Classic which was way better than this one, in signal strength and every other aspect (so it feels like, now). I kinda regret having sold that one. Any suggestions on what to do? Throw it to the garbage, get a new sim, software reload (now it has 10.3.2)? Thanks, guys.
    06-23-15 04:10 AM
    Do the calls go direct to voice-mail or just don't connect!?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 07:18 AM
    I don't have Voice Mail configured, I think it just won't connect. I repeat, it sometimes does, but most of the times, it doesn't. It says "out of range" or "cannot be contacted right now" stuff like that.
    06-23-15 07:57 AM
    Try to configure voice mail and see if the calls go directly to that. I had a problem once that quite a few of my calls went to voice mail... it was a feature in power tools called "the wave". I had it turned on and once I shut it off then restarted my device it worked fine again....

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 08:20 AM
    I don't have Power Tools installed, had it once, deleted it. Ok, will try to configure voice mail and see what happens. Thanks a lot for the support. I really hate to let the phone go since I love it, everything works so fine and smooth on it, except for the phone functions (which I really use since I get a lot of phone calls during the day, being a certified translator).
    06-23-15 08:38 AM
    May be a bad sim as well......

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 09:43 AM
    So you have a Passport, you can make calls but cannot receive calls?

Obviously, you checked the settings as you can dial out, but if you go to the Phone application, swipe down, go into Settings.
    First of all, make sure you're not call forwarding your calls somewhere invalid, check the Call Forwarding all calls.

If that is not enabled, check the Call Block settings in the same menu. Make sure the Block all is disabled, not blue ticked.

It's a possibility that these have been enabled

Post from my Passport or my Z30 or my Playbook
    Last edited by cdnynot; 06-23-15 at 03:32 PM.
    06-23-15 02:35 PM
    None of the call settings you mentioned are enabled. The strange thing is sometimes the call gets through if you dial the number the second time, immediately. But then again, who does that?? The last thing I can resort to is changing the nano sim, but I doubt that is the problem, since I got a new one in February. My mistake is buying the Note For Sale Unit, believing it was ok. Now I'm gonna have to get rid of it and return to my waaay better Classic. I had enought of it.
    06-24-15 04:03 AM
    I would try a sim anyway just to be sure... . And maybe an OS redo.....

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 06:28 AM
    Then it's a SIM card issue

06-24-15 09:27 AM
    I got a new nano sim card in February this year, could it be malfunctioning already? I was thinking that maybe the reception antenna is broken, or works on and off. It is really frustrating, but then again, I was advised not to buy a Not for Sale Unit, which nevertheless I did. So, it's entirely my fault. The man I bought the phone from told me he had used the phone for more than six months before selling it to me, without any issues. I will try a new sim, see what happens. Thank you so much for taking time in replying to me. All the best!
    06-24-15 09:50 AM

Obviously, you checked the settings as you can dial out, but if you go to the Phone application, swipe down, go into Settings.
    First of all, make sure you're not call forwarding your calls somewhere invalid, check the Call Forwarding all calls.

If that is not enabled, check the Call Block settings in the same menu. Make sure the Block all is disabled, not blue ticked.

12-01-16 08:29 AM

12-01-16 08:30 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I gave my Passport away 3 months ago. Now I am using a Huawei Mate 8, which is OK.
    12-01-16 10:02 AM