I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to apps. Interestingly enough, a lot of the apps I use were apps that I used on BlackBerry.

But, as in the oft-used grocery store analogy, I think it's better to have a huge selection than a fantastic bunch. Let folks pick what they want. Deposit a check via app, or email it to banks.

Either way, options are almost never a negative.
    Hey Tre, just wanted to correct myself on what I said earlier. It has been a while since doing the mobile deposit check thing and you were right in the fact that I can't deposit a check via email. I can only transfer to another person via email.
    since TD is discontinuing their app in June on BB10 I decided to look into acquiring their android app so that I too could have full functionality so that if I needed to perform said task I may. Good thing Android apps run on BB10

I guess in this situation it does open my eyes a bit more but like I've said many time before............. holding on to my Passport till I can't hold on no more!!

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-10-17 01:23 PM
    [QUOTE=ryder55;12832055]The passport is currently sold out. /QUOTE]

Can still buy from Shop BlackBerry UK - won't accept an order of more than 5 though. Last 5 available?
    Bit pricey at £325, can do much better on Amazon.
    04-10-17 01:24 PM
    If that's the case might as well shut down the entire CrackBerry site. LOL
    That's how we approach criticism? "Problem is everywhere, so what?"

Posted from BlackBerry Passport.
    04-10-17 03:40 PM
    Kinda wonder why they didn't do an android passport.

Got design awards, users love it. If it had been on another platform, it could have been BB's breakthrough moment.
    04-10-17 10:11 PM
    Kinda wonder why they didn't do an android passport.

Got design awards, users love it. If it had been on another platform, it could have been BB's breakthrough moment.
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/27/wh...ered-passport/
    04-10-17 10:15 PM
    That's how we approach criticism? "Problem is everywhere, so what?"

Posted from BlackBerry Passport.
    There are other venues to discuss world issues.

Being passionate about a phone on a forum dedicated to discussing phones is nothing to be guilty of.

Being lucky enough to live in a first world country is nothing to be guilty of either.
    04-10-17 11:00 PM
    My q5 has a 1 to 1 ratio more or less. Scaled, android apps display fine most of the time. Guess that was deemed not good enough.
    04-10-17 11:14 PM
    My q5 has a 1 to 1 ratio more or less. Scaled, android apps display fine most of the time. Guess that was deemed not good enough.
    04-10-17 11:46 PM
    I don't know why but i am seeing people saying that passport isnt worth buying in 2017.

I think passport will be good for another 3 years. Let me tell you how.

Whatsapp works just fine and after june we can use the android apk for whatsapp with WAA FIXER.

Facebook's version 29.0.0.13 works perfectly without lag there is everything there except for reactions... a feature that noone uses frankly. You get notifications in the hub under the notifications head.

Messenger's old version is working flawlessly... even better than native facebook ( yeah i still have that, i am running 10.3.2 and i havent updated the facebook) everything loads instantly on my Z30 and even faster on the passport. The only thing it lacks is video calling. Another feature that noone really uses.

Instagram 9.0.1 is a version that beats igrann and insta 10 in Terms of fluidity. Everything loads just so fast and there is no lag. Also we have the story feature on this version and not to mention that i dont have to pay anything for it.

Youtube web browser link... i think it is better than the youtube app for android because i can do something thats superior to the android version. By typing "ss" infront of the link, i can download the video on my device or just the audio too if i wanted. It becomes a file on my phone. I can then play it on multiple devices.
    Not to forget, i can minimise the youtube link and it will still play in the background and also scrubbing the video controls forward will skip the ad immediately.

We have the best keyboard on any BlackBerry and the most suitable screen for reading on any BlackBerry. The battery life is phenomenal. We have the best email client (email under the BlackBerry Hub) on any smartphone. We have BlackBerry hub and also picture password. The phone has a snapdragon 801 with 3gb of ram which may be outdated by today's standard but is certqinly no slouch.

How can you say the passport is outdated. It works just fine. And the form factor is so unique and sexy that people would just love to pick this up. Especially the red version... aww man that is sexier than any girl i have ever seen.

Posted via my nokia 3310 (the old one)
    There isn't any ver 9.0.1 for instagram, there is just 9.1.0 and also 9.0.0

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 12:23 AM
    Well can't say I understand a word of that but that does appear to be android lollipop on a passport.

Why did he not make a backup of it, and upload a rom for everyone to use?
    04-11-17 01:54 AM
    Well can't say I understand a word of that but that does appear to be android lollipop on a passport.

Why did he not make a backup of it, and upload a rom for everyone to use?
    BlackBerry did android Passport before the priv but they didn't release it
    04-11-17 02:04 AM
    BlackBerry did android Passport before the priv but they didn't release it

I suppose even if there was one floating around out there that you could backup, you probably can't flash a BB android device anyway. Secure bootloader...
    04-11-17 04:17 AM
    Hey Tre, just wanted to correct myself on what I said earlier. It has been a while since doing the mobile deposit check thing and you were right in the fact that I can't deposit a check via email. I can only transfer to another person via email.
    since TD is discontinuing their app in June on BB10 I decided to look into acquiring their android app so that I too could have full functionality so that if I needed to perform said task I may. Good thing Android apps run on BB10

I guess in this situation it does open my eyes a bit more but like I've said many time before............. holding on to my Passport till I can't hold on no more!!

Posted via CB10
    This is probably due to the bank's interest in yours and their security. Among other things, who in IT would allow incoming attachments to be open on their system.
    04-11-17 07:28 AM
    This is probably due to the bank's interest in yours and their security. Among other things, who in IT would allow incoming attachments to be open on their system.
    If your referring to the BB10 app being discontinued I'd say is the same reasoning as the rest and that is cost of support and development for a dead ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 08:11 AM
    If your referring to the BB10 app being discontinued I'd say is the same reasoning as the rest and that is cost of support and development for a dead ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    No, emailing a check for deposit to them. Most banks never offered a BB10 app, due to costs vs customers touched.
    04-11-17 08:21 AM
    Frankly I trust Google with my information more than I trust my financial advisor or my doctor. Google has a strict privacy policy, and spend hundreds of millions of dollars a year hardening their infrastructure against attack.
    Just because smart people like and trust Google doesn't mean anything.

Google only in recent years applies HIPPA Compliance to Business registered email ( Paid Email ) . The Private user gmail accounts do not have that kind of protection. The best thing a person could do is give Microsoft $5.00 a month for the business Office 365 that includes the office web apps and Secure email. Googles offering just doesnt compare IMHO.
    04-11-17 08:21 AM
    No, emailing a check for deposit to them. Most banks never offered a BB10 app, due to costs vs customers touched.
    Ah right. Well I guess I meant the ported app into the BB10 store.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 08:22 AM
    Just because smart people like and trust Google doesn't mean anything.

Google only in recent years applies HIPPA Compliance to Business registered email ( Paid Email ) . The Private user gmail accounts do not have that kind of protection. The best thing a person could do is give Microsoft $5.00 a month for the business Office 365 that includes the office web apps and Secure email. Googles offering just doesnt compare IMHO.
    I fail to see how your post has anything to do with mine. However, HIPAA is a certificate of compliance. For all we know Google already operated above the threshold for HIPAA.

Plus there are many, many more security issues that HIPAA does not even speak to.
    04-11-17 08:28 AM
    I still have no clue what these types of posts are about. A passport not being viable in 2017? Umm what. What does the year have anything to do with the device? People still use technology that's decades old today. This whole instant gratification nation really sold the public a false premise on new new new.. smfh

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    04-11-17 07:56 PM
    A passport not being viable in 2017? Umm what. What does the year have anything to do with the device? People still use technology that's decades old today.
    If you're ONLY using decades old technology, a BB10 devices might still be working for you. However, technology and methods of communication evolved. One example: development teams use "Slack" nowadays and while there is "S10 for Slack", just reading the reviews tells me that it isn't reliable. And this example applies to LOTS of other methods of communication. Yes, there's probably a half-baked BB10-app, but to get full functionality, you often have to use the Android app.

Also, there's no usable XMPP client for BB10 - and XMPP is from 1999.

And when you're using Android apps for most of your needs anyways, why not get a real Android device?

However, if all you do is email and texting, a BB10 device is more than perfect for you.
    04-12-17 04:20 AM
    If you're ONLY using decades old technology, a BB10 devices might still be working for you. However, technology and methods of communication evolved. One example: development teams use "Slack" nowadays and while there is "S10 for Slack", just reading the reviews tells me that it isn't reliable. And this example applies to LOTS of other methods of communication. Yes, there's probably a half-baked BB10-app, but to get full functionality, you often have to use the Android app.

Also, there's no usable XMPP client for BB10 - and XMPP is from 1999.

And when you're using Android apps for most of your needs anyways, why not get a real Android device?

However, if all you do is email and texting, a BB10 device is more than perfect for you.
    Why would a development team use a mobile OS for their communications? You code on a desktop.
    04-12-17 06:46 AM
    Why would a development team use a mobile OS for their communications? You code on a desktop.
    Sometimes questions pop up when you're on the move, at a customer or at home?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-12-17 06:50 AM
    While he used a development team as an example, having fully functioning communication applications across the spectrum used today is the point.

It all goes back to whether BB10 offers one all they need, and if it doesn't, it doesn't.
    mbirth and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    04-12-17 07:01 AM
    Why would you use a desktop? Real developers use punched cards.
    Thud Hardsmack and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-12-17 09:42 AM
    Slack is cross-platform, including desktop. So while someone is working at a desktop they carry on a discussion with team members that aren't.
    04-12-17 09:54 AM
151 ... 4567