Yes as you can generally email a check. Options are nice eh?

Mind you I have direct deposit and I can transfer money as I please

Posted via CB10
    But what if you're given a physical check?

I haven't been to a brick and mortar bank in years. In fact, my primary banks are thousands of miles away.

Periodically, I get a printed check though. Having mobile deposit is priceless, in addition to electronic sending and direct deposit.

In some cases, an app trumps a website.
    04-09-17 10:41 AM
    But what if you're given a physical check?

I haven't been to a brick and mortar bank in years. In fact, my primary banks are thousands of miles away.

Periodically, I get a printed check though. Having mobile deposit is priceless, in addition to electronic sending and direct deposit.

In some cases, an app trumps a website.
    Like I said before, you can email it to your bank or someone else's. Go talk to your bank and learn about modern banking practices.
    Your welcome in advance for the tip

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 10:46 AM
    Like I said before, you can email it to your bank or someone else's. Go talk to your bank and learn about modern banking practices.
    Your welcome in advance for the tip

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Alrighty.

Websites rule.
    04-09-17 10:47 AM
    There are some really good games for android and ios on tablet. Particularly PC ports where the controls would be way too fiddly, or really pretty games where you kinda miss out with the small screen.

I always feel like, when I have a phone sized screen, I don't want to stream movies, or play intense games. It's too small and fiddly. I'm like you, I'd rather rock the tablet (windows in my case).

There are some apps that deliver features websites don't. Like the uber app. But IDK, I think often the app thing is over stated. You don't need uber, you can just hail a taxi. It's largely more fun than it is functional. Something people like to be able to do, but when it comes down to it, they mostly just use a smaller number of core apps.

Guess it depends on what you need, but I don't personally imagine most people need 2.8 million apps, any more than the average person needs adobe illustrator.

But as someone that likes fiddling with toys, I totally understand the drive to kit out your phone should you want to
    I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to apps. Interestingly enough, a lot of the apps I use were apps that I used on BlackBerry.

But, as in the oft-used grocery store analogy, I think it's better to have a huge selection than a fantastic bunch. Let folks pick what they want. Deposit a check via app, or email it to banks.

Either way, options are almost never a negative.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-09-17 10:54 AM
    Not sure what there is to debate here.

If BB10 works for you, use it. What it has out of the box, that makes it work for you, are in fact apps. You can get great apps from BBW, though the options are getting more and more limited, and also access some apps from play store. Many work without patching. A lot work after patching, if you have the patience to constantly mess around, to make the phone work for you. Some don't work even patched, and while most things can be accomplished through the browser, or a workaround, there are things some find necessary that cannot. Some may choose to dual-carry because of this, but that's not a solution for everyone.

I can recommend a BB10 phone for some people, but not for most people. I don't use Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, WA, games, etc. Still, I find it impossible to function, constrained to the BB10 environment. That's not an insult to those who find BB10 perfect for them. It's a fact for me. I tried to stay on BB10. It pained me to leave, but not nearly as much as it pained me to stay.
    04-09-17 11:35 AM
    Not sure what there is to debate here.

If BB10 works for you, use it. What it has out of the box, that makes it work for you, are in fact apps. You can get great apps from BBW, though the options are getting more and more limited, and also access some apps from play store. Many work without patching. A lot work after patching, if you have the patience to constantly mess around, to make the phone work for you. Some don't work even patched, and while most things can be accomplished through the browser, or a workaround, there are things some find necessary that cannot. Some may choose to dual-carry because of this, but that's not a solution for everyone.

I can recommend a BB10 phone for some people, but not for most people. I don't use Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, WA, games, etc. Still, I find it impossible to function, constrained to the BB10 environment. That's not an insult to those who find BB10 perfect for them. It's a fact for me. I tried to stay on BB10. It pained me to leave, but not nearly as much as it pained me to stay.
    I know how you feel. That candy crush addiction can be hard to break.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 11:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    LoL, you must have forgotten the TL/DR at the end of your post.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-09-17 11:53 AM
    Good comeback!

Oh, wait…

I don't use Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, WA, games, etc. Still, I find it impossible to function, constrained to the BB10 environment.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-09-17 12:02 PM
    Good comeback!

Oh, wait…
    Reading is fundamental​.
    04-09-17 12:10 PM
    Reading is fundamental​.
    He doesn't use social media or games but yet feels constrained with BB10?

I know the amount of effort I put on android to bring its usability close to that of BB10, and it's a lot of effort so I'm curious to see a screenshot of the apps on your android app drawer.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 12:29 PM

I know the amount of effort I put on android to bring its usability close to that of BB10, and it's a lot of effort so I'm curious to see a screenshot of the apps on your android app drawer.

Posted via CB10
    thurask's or mine? I put a lot more effort into making BB10 usable than Android. Again, I don't see why there's debate. BB10 works for you and Android doesn't. Ain't nothing wrong with that.
    04-09-17 12:34 PM
    I still use my Passport! I've had it since sept2015. I just saw the Samsung S8+ today! Passport is dinasour in comparison now! However the screen aspect ratio for using the internet is still unmatched! I will continue using mine for now!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 12:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've provided a list multiple times. Do we need to do this again?

Microsoft Office, banking apps with mobile deposit, advanced file management (with cloud password protection, webdav, and ftp support), mobile pay (Android pay and RBC mobile wallet), Synology NAS support, etc. And that's just some of my basics.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-09-17 12:51 PM
    I've provided a list multiple times. Do we need to do this again?

Microsoft Office, banking apps with mobile deposit, advanced file management (with cloud password protection, webdav, and ftp support), mobile pay (Android pay and RBC mobile wallet), Synology NAS support, etc. And that's just some of my basics.
    Most of what you listed have their ART app derivative so they're non issues - including cloud password protection with cloud encryption services. Microsoft office mobile is definitely a gross bloatware-Docstogo or officesuite is a pleasure to use on the passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 01:15 PM
    Most of what you listed have their ART app derivative so they're non issues - including cloud password protection with cloud encryption services. Microsoft office mobile is definitely a gross bloatware-Docstogo or officesuite is a pleasure to use on the passport.

Posted via CB10
    You're justifying your needs, not reflecting mine.

DTEK60 / Z30
    04-09-17 01:16 PM
    I love the passport and BB10 OS! I wouldn't mind working around to use such apps with the apk's but unfortunately Snapchat isn't available. So I've steered off course with BB10 OS for a while now.
    04-09-17 01:41 PM
    I love the passport and BB10 OS! I wouldn't mind working around to use such apps with the apk's but unfortunately Snapchat isn't available. So I've steered off course with BB10 OS for a while now.
    The passport was marketed to the business user. Infact BlackBerry as a company was modeled to cater to the business environment. I'm sorry snapchat did not work for you.

Did you try out the blackberry assistant though?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 02:02 PM
    The passport was marketed to the business user.
    And how did that work out for Blackberry?
    Drael646464 likes this.
    04-09-17 02:37 PM
    And how did that work out for Blackberry?
    The passport is currently sold out. We need an upgrade to the hardware and software. Ditch the runtime or keep it, make a bootcamp type software to cater to the snapchat lovers.

Seed fund campaign anybody?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 02:50 PM
    The passport is currently sold out.
    Wasn't that a fire-sale, to liquidate remaining inventory?
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    04-09-17 03:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Somebody find this man a file manager so he can finally move on to Android!
    04-09-17 03:09 PM
    Imagine if rather than building apps for android, blackberry makes DTEK Into a bootcamp like software that launches into BB10 with blackberry suite of apps and secure workspace. The best of both worlds. A secret dual boot Frankenstein device.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 03:16 PM
    I love this thread and the emotions it evokes from users. However remember this is all a first-world problem. There are far more serious issues to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-09-17 03:49 PM
    The passport is currently sold out.
    Two and a half years after they manufactured them, they finally managed to offload the remaining stock at bargain-basement prices. Quite an achievement.

We need an upgrade to the hardware and software.
    You will get no such thing.
    04-10-17 11:04 AM
    I love this thread and the emotions it evokes from users. However remember this is all a first-world problem. There are far more serious issues to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    If that's the case might as well shut down the entire CrackBerry site. LOL
    04-10-17 12:34 PM
151 ... 34567