I don't know why but i am seeing people saying that passport isnt worth buying in 2017.

I think passport will be good for another 3 years. Let me tell you how.

Whatsapp works just fine and after june we can use the android apk for whatsapp with WAA FIXER.

Facebook's version 29.0.0.13 works perfectly without lag there is everything there except for reactions... a feature that noone uses frankly. You get notifications in the hub under the notifications head.

Messenger's old version is working flawlessly... even better than native facebook ( yeah i still have that, i am running 10.3.2 and i havent updated the facebook) everything loads instantly on my Z30 and even faster on the passport. The only thing it lacks is video calling. Another feature that noone really uses.

Instagram 9.0.1 is a version that beats igrann and insta 10 in Terms of fluidity. Everything loads just so fast and there is no lag. Also we have the story feature on this version and not to mention that i dont have to pay anything for it.

Youtube web browser link... i think it is better than the youtube app for android because i can do something thats superior to the android version. By typing "ss" infront of the link, i can download the video on my device or just the audio too if i wanted. It becomes a file on my phone. I can then play it on multiple devices.
    Not to forget, i can minimise the youtube link and it will still play in the background and also scrubbing the video controls forward will skip the ad immediately.

We have the best keyboard on any BlackBerry and the most suitable screen for reading on any BlackBerry. The battery life is phenomenal. We have the best email client (email under the BlackBerry Hub) on any smartphone. We have BlackBerry hub and also picture password. The phone has a snapdragon 801 with 3gb of ram which may be outdated by today's standard but is certqinly no slouch.

How can you say the passport is outdated. It works just fine. And the form factor is so unique and sexy that people would just love to pick this up. Especially the red version... aww man that is sexier than any girl i have ever seen.

Posted via my nokia 3310 (the old one)
    04-02-17 11:44 PM
    What hate?

If the device works for you, great.

For me, I had to move on from the Passport SE, because my needs went beyond simple email and a select few apps.
    mbirth and anon(2313227) like this.
    04-02-17 11:48 PM

How can you say the passport is outdated. It works just fine. And the form factor is so unique and sexy that people would just love to pick this up. Especially the red version... aww man that is sexier than any girl i have ever seen.

I think you definitely need to go off the grid, you've officially lost it.
    Carjackd, Uzi and anon(5597702) like this.
    04-02-17 11:53 PM
    What hate?

For me, I had to move on from the Passport SE, because my needs went beyond simple email and a select few apps.
    I think this is the same thing BBW said to the OP yesterday before he shut the thread down
    Uzi likes this.
    04-03-17 12:03 AM
    I wouldn't recommend buying one to someone who wasn't already very interested. The newest Passport still has an old battery since they are no longer in production and aren't user replaceable.
    Uzi likes this.
    04-03-17 12:06 AM
    Thread title revised.

OP,
    The fact that the general consensus is that the Passport is outdated or has drawbacks in 2017 (like any BB 10 device) does not constitute "hate".

If you (and others) are happy with it, great.
    Uzi likes this.
    04-03-17 12:31 AM
    I think you definitely need to go off the grid, you've officially lost it.
    Okay maybe i over exaggerated... but hell that red passport is sexy as (insert something clever here).

04-03-17 01:50 AM
    What hate?

What do u use... all the social apps work except snapchat but you dont seem like the guy who posts doggie filter selfies....

Banking apps work...

E wallet works... i use paytm and sbi buddy on a daily basis.

04-03-17 01:53 AM
    Messenger's old version is working flawlessly... even better than native facebook ( yeah i still have that, i am running 10.3.2 and i havent updated the facebook) everything loads instantly on my Z30 and even faster on the passport. The only thing it lacks is video calling. Another feature that noone really uses.
    So u can do voice calls with your messenger?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 03:12 AM
    Classic phrase 'everything works perfectly but...' lol
    Thud Hardsmack and d6821 like this.
    04-03-17 03:15 AM

Banking apps work...

E wallet works...
    Yes, until you make the mistake of upgrading to 10.3.3...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 04:06 AM
    OP, you are right!!! For what doesn't Work, I use the Web version and my tablets are always on hand. Web shortcuts are just as good as apps lol.

I'm hoping that those that are quick to abandon the passport will be willing to put them online at a reasonable price as I'd like to have enough for a really long time and if I can't, goodbye blackberry, you're in bed with my nemesis, the big all seeing "G"

The passport needs an award for "best designed phone ever". Sexiest mobile I've ever used.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 05:40 AM
    Web shortcuts are just as good as apps lol.
    Nah.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-03-17 06:14 AM
    I don't know why but i am seeing people saying that passport isnt worth buying in 2017.

I think passport will be good for another 3 years. Let me tell you how.

Whatsapp works just fine and after june we can use the android apk for whatsapp with WAA FIXER.

Facebook's version 29.0.0.13 works perfectly without lag there is everything there except for reactions... a feature that noone uses frankly. You get notifications in the hub under the notifications head.

Instagram 9.0.1 is a version that beats igrann and insta 10 in Terms of fluidity. Everything loads just so fast and there is no lag. Also we have the story feature on this version and not to mention that i dont have to pay anything for it.

Youtube web browser link... i think it is better than the youtube app for android because i can do something thats superior to the android version. By typing "ss" infront of the link, i can download the video on my device or just the audio too if i wanted. It becomes a file on my phone. I can then play it on multiple devices.
    Not to forget, i can minimise the youtube link and it will still play in the background and also scrubbing the video controls forward will skip the ad immediately.

We have the best keyboard on any BlackBerry and the most suitable screen for reading on any BlackBerry. The battery life is phenomenal. We have the best email client (email under the BlackBerry Hub) on any smartphone. We have BlackBerry hub and also picture password. The phone has a snapdragon 801 with 3gb of ram which may be outdated by today's standard but is certqinly no slouch.

I totally agree with you bro.. I want BlackBerry Passport for forever

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 06:36 AM
    Nah.
    Ha! Create a web shortcut using Browsie, set user agent to IPhone, password protect your browsie and voila, you have an almost secure Web shortcut that works acceptably only without notification but works great for most things.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 07:05 AM
    Exactly everything work greact but ... insert something not working lol
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    04-03-17 07:08 AM
    Ha! Create a web shortcut using Browsie, set user agent to IPhone, password protect your browsie and voila, you have an almost secure Web shortcut that works acceptably only without notification but works great for most things.

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you do that instead of posting with an app?
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-03-17 08:05 AM
    Why don't you do that instead of posting with an app?
    Because in my first statement I said "for what doesn't work".

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 08:55 AM
    Hardware specs can't replace BB10

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    04-03-17 08:58 AM
    Because in my first statement I said "for what doesn't work".

Posted via CB10
    That's why some people prefer an OS where everything works. Recommending a 3 year old device that requires workarounds is only going to be feasible for a very small subset of smartphone users.
    04-03-17 09:09 AM
    I'll be honest, I use Facebook for my job and I use Instagram to post cute pics of my kids, and so I appreciate having social media available on my Passport, BUT the Passport is a great device because it allows me to stay productive and get back to living my life. If and when all the current apps that everyone loves begins to lag or not work on the Passport, which is probably still 2-3 years away, I still may roll with the Passport and supplement it with a tablet or other device for those less important apps. The Passport and BB10 are so unique and such a joy to use. That and the keyboard on the Passport simply makes my life easier. I for one am not worried about it becoming obsolete any time soon because if we wanted the current apps and games and media centers people are carrying around, we wouldn't be with BB10 right now. The fact that some are willing to find workarounds for apps and even go without some modern touches proves this device's worth. Why else would we fuss with a 3-year old device with "no future"? Because it's still better than any other device on the market for what we use it for. I am not staying with the Passport for nostalgia, nor am I disillusioned about where BB10 is going, I simply love the Passport and BB10 and what it offers me NOW, and therefore, I proudly use my Passport. In fact, I have a backup device for when my primary one dies. #LongLiveBlackBerryPassport #LongLiveBB10

Thanks for the post, OP! Keep the Passport love alive!
    04-03-17 09:19 AM
    That's why some people prefer an OS where everything works. Recommending a 3 year old device that requires workarounds is only going to be feasible for a very small subset of smartphone users.
    Wrong!! People need to value privacy and security over having an ecosystem that encourages the deep exploitation of your data. As per what you recommend to others, it all depends on what and how you market it. This was how apple stayed afloat with OS X. Today it's cool and rad to be seen with a MacBook, but we forget the days when the OS was suffering from an "app" problem. If not for tunnel visioned Late Steve Jobs, Apple would have been a blackberry. Abandon ship when the going gets tough. Even worse, theyd have abandoned their OS and created apple software for Windows machines as people are happy blackberry is doing just to stay afloat, or called themselves a licensing company. They would not have evolved their software into IOS but bluster till the end.

If you're an economist CEO, you should know and be familiar with short run and long run returns. Android can never allow blackberry to evolve. It is not their OS. Blackberry is done. It's a pity.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ryder55; 04-03-17 at 11:21 AM.
    04-03-17 09:37 AM
    OP, you are right!!! For what doesn't Work, I use the Web version and my tablets are always on hand. Web shortcuts are just as good as apps lol.
    A browser is only as good as its last update. Even Browsie is limited by this because it depends on the WebKit which has been abandoned by BlackBerry.
    04-03-17 10:39 AM
    Wrong!! People need to value privacy and security over having an ecosystem that encourages the deep exploitation of your data. As per what you recommend to others, it all depends on what and how you market it. This was how apple stayed afloat with OS X. Today it's cool and rad to be seen with a MacBook, but we forget the days when the OS was suffering from an "app" problem. If not for tunnel visioned Late Steve Jobs, Apple would have been a blackberry. Abandon ship when the going gets tough. Even worse, theyd have abandoned their OS and created apple software for Windows machines as people are happy blackberry is doing just to stay afloat, or called themselves a licensing company. They would not have evolved their software into IOS but bluster till the end.

If you're an economist CEO, you should know and be familiar with short run and long run returns. Android can never allow blackberry to evolve. It is not their OS. Blackberry is done. It's a pity.

Posted via CB10
    Apple had a five-year head start on BB10, so you can't compare the two situations.

Your overall premise is that Google is evil, and must be avoided at all costs. This is an opinion not shared by most - many of whom are intelligent people too.

I choose to share my information in exchange for a wide range of services.

I choose to share all of my financial information with banks and advisors in order to receive a benefit. I also choose to share all my health information with medical professionals in order to get better service.

Frankly I trust Google with my information more than I trust my financial advisor or my doctor. Google has a strict privacy policy, and spend hundreds of millions of dollars a year hardening their infrastructure against attack.
    04-03-17 11:33 AM
    So u can do voice calls with your messenger?

Posted via CB10
    Yes i can

04-03-17 12:27 PM
151 123 ...