I'm only on my second day with my passport, coming from a Z10. I really love the screen, the size, and the reponsiveness, but I find myself wishing it was all-touch.

Posted via CB10
    GeoK likes this.
    11-04-14 06:47 AM
    Honestly, I don't know why you felt the need to announce you returned your Passport? - It seems like we get one of these threads every week and imo really doesn't serve any purpose.
    Balance

I know this is a fan site, but some of you think that the Passport is selling hundreds of thousands of devices every week, and that everyone that see it can't wait to get it. Think Chen is VERY happy with how initial sales have turned out.... but some here are going to be very shocked when (if) we get results in Dec for Passport sales.
    brotherqwerty likes this.
    11-04-14 07:16 AM
    The Passport isn't for everyone. That much is blatantly obvious. I personally go back and forth on whether I want one (but I'm fickle when it comes to technology and love to change things up fairly often).

The size of the Passport's screen plus a capacitive touch physical keyboard (not to mention the beefy internal specs) are appealing to me, but I'm not sure I want to carry around a phone that size in my front pants pocket.

For physical keyboard, I have a Q10, for screen I have a Z10. I think my next target is a Z30 (which I had before, but stupidly sold) or whatever other all-touch flagship might be available when the time comes for me to upgrade.

Good luck to the OP in finding the device that works best for you!

Posted from the original Zed (Z10)
    11-04-14 07:37 AM
    The Q10 is just that nice and underrated... I keep trying to scroll on the keyboard though like the passport
    11-04-14 07:40 AM
    No way. I was using the Q5 after returning the Passport, and it was too slow for me. Sure, the keyboard is better on the Q5. And the general size. But that's it. OS operation is night and day between the two phones. The extra specs make a huge difference.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:45 AM
    You're still in the BlackBerry Camp. BB 4 LIFE.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!
    You are a faithful BlackBerry follower...can I hear an Amen!!

This thread is making me so nervous!!
    My Passport should be in my hands this week, and these posts with problems and crossings and stuff...well, it's getting me nervous!!!
    Is this phone fraud with problems?
    I'm coming from a Z10 which is very good. but now i spend more time worrying about the battery life (driving me crazy).
    Now, I saw the Z30 on sale...and it has an FM radio! Bigger screen and cheaper!
    Decisions, decisions.
    11-04-14 08:12 AM
    @GeoK...don't worry. Passport is amazing device as long as your aren't expecting God's own creation delivered to you personally. I have Q5, Z10 and Q30 as well...nothing comes closer to Passport. For most of the application issues (if there are any) websites work very well.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-04-14 08:17 AM
    The question is "is any phone worth $600 bucks over another phon"e if you had a good working one. You will probably not upgrade from an iPhone 4s to an iPhone 6 either than.

The Passport is larger faster and has way more innovation than the Q10 relative to the iphone 4s -> iphone 6 for productivity.

Op just has beyond high expectation. The Passport is worth $600 by itself.
    11-04-14 08:19 AM
    The question is "is any phone worth $600 bucks over another phon"e if you had a good working one. You will probably not upgrade from an iPhone 4s to an iPhone 6 either than.

The Passport is larger faster and has way more innovation than the Q10 relative to the iphone 4s -> iphone 6 for productivity.

Op just has beyond high expectation. The Passport is worth $600 by itself.
    You shouldn't get worked up with what seems to be fake threads with stories that don't make sense. The q10 looks like a toy phone when you compare it to the passport. When my wife got her q10 and put it beside her passport she actually said that that. The passport is a very well built beast of a phone and I still can't believe it's a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 08:25 AM
    Are you using the RBC app from BB world or android? Is there a difference between the 2 apps?
    11-04-14 09:29 AM
    For some people passport expectations were too high, I fully agree 600 $ should be something special, I personally have nothing against it but staying with z30.
    May be white passport will attract my attention, speaking about the soft I did not find any difference comparing with z30(business only, no games)

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 09:52 AM
    I knwo for me the real estate and more importantly the amount of built in memory were what sealed the deal for me. But I totally get where your coming from.
    I tried a z30 going from a z10 and felt much the same way as you so don't sweat it too much

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 09:58 AM
    Personally love my passport, but I have also written about my struggle with apps. I have mostly reverted to mobile sites for news and banking since they render well on this device.

My main gripe after a few weeks of use now is answering calls because I am not used to keeping my phone in my pocket since I have always been a holster shooter, so I jumped on the recent sale and am getting a q10 to complement this device as mainly a phone.

I totally understand that if it does not meet your needs you would feel like it is overpriced!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 10:24 AM
    I understand your points, OP. Because of it's form factor (New to the market and one of a kind- never been done before), it will take a while before all apps are compataible with it. I was shock that Bank Of America was not on Amazon app store, and when I use it from snap- it doesnt render correctly. So, you wanted the Passport as a better Q10 or an upgrade to your Q10 well you are on the right track, but you had to have known that not all apps would work on that device especially from the Android app side... This is not enough for me to turn in my Passport, this is why I still have my other BB devices to assist until everything has been worked out for the Passport
    11-04-14 10:35 AM
    How does this affect you? People have been able to return things since before you were born.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe he is upset because Blackberry take those returns and send it to buyers as replacement for defective units. How do you like paying for a new phone and get a refurbished one?
    11-04-14 11:40 AM
    Maybe he is upset because Blackberry take those returns and send it to buyers as replacement for defective units. How do you like paying for a new phone and get a refurbished one?
    You know amongst Apple people the refurbished macs, ipads and iphones are preferred because they have had the "bugs" worked out and are reconditioned with the same warranty as new.
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-04-14 11:47 AM
    Sorry they don't have money issues. I think you are confusing them with someone else. BlackBerry is doing almost everything right to come back. Actually it may go down as one of the best come backs ever. IMHO. And not to long ago people were talking about its fall from grace. BlackBerry forever.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    they borrow over a billion dollar, the time of a debt free BB are long gone. If you measured a success of a company by costs reduction achieved by firing a bunch of people, then it is a success, but revenues keep going down and BB 10 is still a flop.
    11-04-14 11:51 AM
    LOL. Some of y'all are so upset that you're dissing other BB10 handsets.

Wow.
    11-04-14 12:13 PM
    I'm completely with you on this. In the UK I haven't come across any phone shops that have a live demo to play with. I'm itching to try it because I think I'd like it, but until I know that, I'll remain on the side lines....
    I believe Carphone Warehouse have them in some stores to try. I have been waiting for EE in the UK to get the Passport in, but today they tell me they aren't going to. I ask why to be told that BlackBerry are going out of business. The last phone they sold was the Q10, which I upgraded to myself May 2014. So, it leaves me to look to CPW now, & explore their offerings, although I'm a bit unsure of their service levels, having only ever bought from Orange, now EE...

Posted on CB10 with my Q10
    11-04-14 12:21 PM
    I know it's not an acceptable option for most, but I also carry an iPad Mini for the couple apps that don't work properly on my BlackBerry (Passport now, Z10 previously), or that provide a better experience on the larger screen. My credit union's banking app mostly works fine on the Passport, but the check scanning feature for mobile deposits won't work, it doesn't scan the entire image. So for deposits, I grab the Mini and it's a done deal. For me, this has been a good combination that serves my app needs.
    11-04-14 01:17 PM
    Balance

I know this is a fan site, but some of you think that the Passport is selling hundreds of thousands of devices every week, and that everyone that see it can't wait to get it. Think Chen is VERY happy with how initial sales have turned out.... but some here are going to be very shocked when (if) we get results in Dec for Passport sales.
    Nobody here that I can see especially myself suggested or even remotely thought their selling hundreds of thousands of units per week. Where did that come from?? I thought they would be doing well selling 250,000 units by the end of Dec because this phone was never targeted at the consumer customer base so again where did that notion come from?
    11-04-14 01:18 PM
    This seems like a good time to close the thread. Some of the less helpful comments have been removed.
    11-04-14 03:05 PM
    And a reminder:
    If you're leaving for another device/OS, please leave your comments here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    Remember that your Mobile Nations Passport will also give you access to the appropriate Forum. Hope you'll join the discussion there!
    11-04-14 03:10 PM
73 123