Many if not most of you will completely disagree with what I am going to say. You are going to say I was not the right customer etc. etc. That is fine and I really do want you all to enjoy your Passport.

I returned my Passport today because I didn't feel like it was a 600$ improvement over my Q10. Yes, it has a much larger screen and nicer screen and battery. That was about where the benefits for me ended.

The same apps from SNAP that crashed and loaded slowly on my Q10 did the same thing on my Passport even with 3gb of RAM and a quad core processor. The kicker is that my bank app from SNAP runs on my Q10 but did not on my Passport. So overall I didn't truly see any better app performance.

The hub is the same hub, the camera is better but not that great and I carry a camera with me, the keyboard honesty takes some getting used to but still isn't as good as the Q10 keyboard in my opinion.

Again, it just isn't a 600$ upgrade. I realize this isn't like going from the iPhone 5 to a 5s for 600$ that this is a much different form factor but most if not all of the same issues are still present from my Q10 plus a few more on the Passport.

I really appreciate this forum and all the topics. It has been real ya'll
    11-03-14 07:04 PM
    The passport is a very nice phone but also very expensive at this point and therefore I can't justify myself getting one while my Q5 does it all for now.

Do you feel that once blend is released for all phones some of the big screen desire will die off?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 07:29 PM
    Funny thing is when the Q10 first came out I bought a black one but returned it because the screen was just too small for the way I use a daily driver phone.

The Passport hit the sweet spot for me. Massage-oil-smooth physical keyboard with a giant beautiful screen that's a feast for the eyes. The touch sensitive keyboard is a sweet touch and the flicking of words reminds me of the virtual keyboard that I love so much on the Z10.

The 3 row keys is different but I'm already used to it and have learned to appreciate it for what it is: the concept of allowing your mind to think different and being open minded to change and new ways of doing things.

Of course being an early adopter on the Passport is gonna cost you. The Q10 was $600 a year and a half ago but I just picked up one for my collection today for $199. In a year when the Passport is half the intro price then maybe we will see u again.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:04 PM
    OP, i'm curious... how long did you have your passport for before deciding to return it?

Also, which banking app were you looking for via SNAP?
    11-03-14 09:25 PM
    You are paying for a faster CPU, better screen, better battery, better camera.... The OS looks the same, but it is a better phone all round. Why upgrade from an iPhone 3g - the 6 is basically the same with just better hardware. Why upgrade anything that isn't broken?

The reason is you want better performance, or to be able to use modern features. I had a Z10. It would do basically all that my passport would do (yes, it didn't do FM radio, USB OTG and a few other things). It was slower, and had less screen real estate. Is it worth $600 to upgrade these? YES!

If you still prefer your Q10, then by all means use it. What is important for me might not be important for you. At least you tried the something new. Of course you can't complain when things stop working on the Q10 because it doesn't have enough grunt

I had a nokia 808 - brilliant phone. Awesome camera, great OS (yes, symbian was a great OS). It got old, and couldn't run modern things well enough. I upgraded. Do I miss some things, yes. Am I glad I upgraded to the Z10, yes. Am I glad I upgraded to the passport, yes.
    11-03-14 09:33 PM
    Many if not most of you will completely disagree with what I am going to say. You are going to say I was not the right customer etc. etc. That is fine and I really do want you all to enjoy your Passport.

I returned my Passport today because I didn't feel like it was a 600$ improvement over my Q10. Yes, it has a much larger screen and nicer screen and battery. That was about where the benefits for me ended.

The same apps from SNAP that crashed and loaded slowly on my Q10 did the same thing on my Passport even with 3gb of RAM and a quad core processor. The kicker is that my bank app from SNAP runs on my Q10 but did not on my Passport. So overall I didn't truly see any better app performance.

The hub is the same hub, the camera is better but not that great and I carry a camera with me, the keyboard honesty takes some getting used to but still isn't as good as the Q10 keyboard in my opinion.

Again, it just isn't a 600$ upgrade. I realize this isn't like going from the iPhone 5 to a 5s for 600$ that this is a much different form factor but most if not all of the same issues are still present from my Q10 plus a few more on the Passport.

I really appreciate this forum and all the topics. It has been real ya'll
    Just out of curiosity, which android apps were crashing and loading slowly? All the posts I have read here seem to indicate that OS 10.3 has improved android app performance dramatically. I am hoping it is true and your experience is in the minority.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-03-14 09:33 PM
    I had a nokia 808 - brilliant phone. Awesome camera, great OS (yes, symbian was a great OS).
    Agreed. I still use my Nokia E71 when I go overseas. Great phone and nice OS.
    11-03-14 09:35 PM
    And once again, I hate the fact that you can return electronics for whatever reason.
    11-03-14 09:35 PM
    You are paying for a faster CPU, better screen, better battery, better camera.... The OS looks the same, but it is a better phone all round. Why upgrade from an iPhone 3g - the 6 is basically the same with just better hardware. Why upgrade anything that isn't broken?

The reason is you want better performance, or to be able to use modern features. I had a Z10. It would do basically all that my passport would do (yes, it didn't do FM radio, USB OTG and a few other things). It was slower, and had less screen real estate. Is it worth $600 to upgrade these? YES!

If you still prefer your Q10, then by all means use it. What is important for me might not be important for you. At least you tried the something new. Of course you can't complain when things stop working on the Q10 because it doesn't have enough grunt

I had a nokia 808 - brilliant phone. Awesome camera, great OS (yes, symbian was a great OS). It got old, and couldn't run modern things well enough. I upgraded. Do I miss some things, yes. Am I glad I upgraded to the Z10, yes. Am I glad I upgraded to the passport, yes.

If the apps I needed weren't faster or wouldn't even load on the passport but will on the Q10 what is the point in my 600$ being spent on the passport? I saw no benefit in the faster newer hardware because the OS was the choke point. I need apps.. I know everyone doesn't but I need apps and for some reason the Q10 could run the apps from SNAP i need much better than the Passport.

If I didn't need apps then yeah I am sure the Passport would be fine. I probably don't use my phone the way most people do.
    11-03-14 09:37 PM
    I had a nokia 808 - brilliant phone.
    Long live the 808. I still have mine in mint condition.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:38 PM
    And once again, I hate the fact that you can return electronics for whatever reason.

God forbid someone buys something for 600$ and it isn't any good and they want to return it. I need 2 apps on a phone to be happy and they may not be the most important apps but the Passport couldn't even do that when my Q10 could.

It wasn't like I could even try it out or see it before I bought it.
    MikeX74 and kybosh like this.
    11-03-14 09:39 PM
    My Passport is soooo much faster than my Z10 it's not even close. I guess everyone has an opinion. You should have sold it as there are too many people waiting for one.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-03-14 09:39 PM
    Rdio was slower on the Passport than on my Q10

NFCU app will run on my Q10 but not on the passport.
    11-03-14 09:40 PM
    OP, i'm curious... how long did you have your passport for before deciding to return it?

Also, which banking app were you looking for via SNAP?
    I had it for 2 weeks and it was frustrating that my Q10 worked better for me.

The banking app is Navy Federal Credit Union. Runs fine from SNAP on my Q10 and wouldn't load on the passport.
    11-03-14 09:41 PM
    God forbid someone buys something for 600$ and it isn't any good and they want to return it. I need 2 apps on a phone to be happy and they may not be the most important apps but the Passport couldn't even do that when my Q10 could.

It wasn't like I could even try it out or see it before I bought it.
    And the name of these two apps are?

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-03-14 09:41 PM
    And the name of these two apps are?

Rdio and Navy Federal Credit Union
    11-03-14 09:45 PM
    I had it for 2 weeks and it was frustrating that my Q10 worked better for me.

The banking app is Navy Federal Credit Union. Runs fine from SNAP on my Q10 and wouldn't load on the passport.
    That is odd--I just tried NFCU from Snap and it would not load on my Passport but then I tried on Amazon and it loads perfectly. It is version 4.0.0 on Amazon Appstore. Seems fine!
    11-03-14 09:47 PM
    That is odd--I just tried NFCU from Snap and it would not load on my Passport but then I tried on Amazon and it loads perfectly. It is version 4.0.0 on Amazon Appstore. Seems fine!
    I tried both and it will load to the point of login. Once you try to login it crashes. Had to restart the phone once it would hang so bad,
    11-03-14 09:48 PM
    Rdio and Navy Federal Credit Union
    Looks like not available for download from this part of world...not on snap or amazon app store...

11-03-14 09:56 PM
    I tried both and it will load to the point of login. Once you try to login it crashes. Had to restart the phone once it would hang so bad,
    Ahh---I have no account so I could not check that! Sorry you had problems. I have 2 banks here in Canada and both my banking apps work great. You gotta do what you gotta do!
    11-03-14 09:56 PM
    How does this affect you? People have been able to return things since before you were born.

Posted via CB10
    geekaren and Plazmic Flame like this.
    11-03-14 09:59 PM
    Not sure what country you are in but we do not have a 'do not like ' return policy in Australia

Posted via CB10
    mjdimer likes this.
    11-03-14 10:00 PM
    Not sure what country you are in but we do not have a 'do not like ' return policy in Australia

Posted via CB10
    I am not returning it because I "do not like" it. I am returning it because it doesn't meet my needs. I do like it, and I really wish it met my needs but it doesn't. Amazon is fine returning it so I don't see an issue returning it and as much as this forum would like to make me feel bad for returning it. I won't.
    geekaren likes this.
    11-03-14 10:03 PM
    At the end of the day you gotta do what works for you. Trying it for two weeks is longer than a lot of people would have lasted.

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    geekaren likes this.
    11-03-14 10:05 PM
    At the end of the day you gotta do what works for you. Trying it for two weeks is longer than a lot of people would have lasted.

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632

Thanks for that. I don't hate it and really think it is a great phone for a lot of people. I wish it was for me, the thing is sexy but it didn't meet my needs.
    machfive likes this.
    11-03-14 10:07 PM
73 123