I live in the U.K and my first Blackberry was a KEYone, soon found CrackBerry and the community of all things blackberry, it reminded me of the old days when like when Apple products were considered niche.

Within the forums I could see a consensus that the passport and BB10 is the superior OS but unfortunately as time went on BB users left, I am fortunate enough to have to carry around 2 phones, one for personal the other for work

I purchased a Passport for work, to carry out simple tasks, Email, Flashlight, Calls and camera, I figured this would work for some time yet and would give me the opportunity to experience the OS and to see in 2018 if I could actually use the phone as a daily driver.

So far I have been able to sideload Google Play (not all apps work, not compatible with this device) and found a few workarounds

it's a challenge for sure and having some fun along the way

does anyone have any hints or tips regarding BB10 or Passport?
    06-17-18 10:47 AM
    It seems I had posted this in the classic forum, I have had the passport now for over a week and it sure has it's limitations in 2018, I can say however I love it, the apps I have got to work on it are stunning

Using Finch for my twitter client, works well

for News i'm using MSN News or News Reader Pro (cost 59p) which seems to be rather good

I have had working Google PLAY and Amazon Music working well as well as a podcast program Bpod

FB messenger the Lite version works as well on my KEYone

To say this phone is 4 year old technology I am enjoying the workarounds, looking at forums and the BB10 OS is the best I have ever used, love it!!

I do hope I can enjoy it beyond 2019
    Poplet and ALToronto like this.
    06-17-18 10:55 AM
    I got an att version and really an enjoying it!! A little hard to hold and typing is so wide!!!
    ratfinkstooley and Poplet like this.
    06-17-18 11:00 AM
    Tempted to get a Silver Edition as well but maybe that would be crazy as one is enough what OS Version you running? mine is OS 10.3.3.2137

May be just the regional variant of the latest release, not sure though
    06-17-18 01:12 PM
    Tempted to get a Silver Edition as well but maybe that would be crazy as one is enough what OS Version you running? mine is OS 10.3.3.2137

May be just the regional variant of the latest release, not sure though
    Well, I was that crazy and bought an SE (have an original black before) just because of the appearance. And it's beautiful, I love it .

Posted via CB10
    mr_poobah and Poplet like this.
    06-17-18 02:17 PM
    Been using a k1 for a year and really miss my PP. I switched because the camera stopped focusing.
    Poplet likes this.
    06-17-18 03:50 PM
    Got one coming, seen a S.E hardly used going for £75 I couldn't pass on it, boxed some developer purchased it but ended up not going ahead with the project so it's practically new
    joewoo and Poplet like this.
    06-17-18 04:23 PM
    You should take a look on eBay, there are bargains to be had, it's a bit hit and miss due to BB confirming end of life support come December 2019, who knows what will happen after that, i'm hoping a good bunch of enthusiasts through CrackBerry can find ways to ensure it works for longer
    Poplet likes this.
    06-17-18 04:27 PM
    I'm still with my white passport as daily driver and don't miss anything!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-18 04:30 PM
    This is the best phone I ever had. Tops on quality of material, workmanship and an overall classy feel.

Why I purchased a Passport in 2018-bb-passports-magazine.jpg
    Clicked with my Red Passport
    06-17-18 04:59 PM
    Well, I was that crazy and bought an SE (have an original black before) just because of the appearance. And it's beautiful, I love it .

Posted via CB10
    Does the SE feel firmer? It looks like it would
    06-17-18 05:32 PM
    Does the SE feel firmer? It looks like it would
    I've tried the white and the SE! The SE felt a lot different on my hands and felt the keys different while typing! That was an one off experience though but I prefer the white! Thinking about buying an SE as a spare!

Posted via CB10
    Poplet likes this.
    06-17-18 06:00 PM
    The SE is more rugged than the others. It can take pounding

Posted via CB10
    Poplet likes this.
    06-17-18 08:34 PM
    Yes, in all aspects a "heavier" device. The black is more sleek though.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-18 10:38 PM
    SE looks good naked. But dinks and scratches make it loo ugly over time. Black if maintained atleast with a little effort, feels and looks good to use than white and SE. Based on my 3 PP experience.
    06-19-18 12:17 AM
    I live in the U.K and my first Blackberry was a KEYone, soon found CrackBerry and the community of all things blackberry, it reminded me of the old days when like when Apple products were considered niche.

Within the forums I could see a consensus that the passport and BB10 is the superior OS but unfortunately as time went on BB users left, I am fortunate enough to have to carry around 2 phones, one for personal the other for work

I purchased a Passport for work, to carry out simple tasks, Email, Flashlight, Calls and camera, I figured this would work for some time yet and would give me the opportunity to experience the OS and to see in 2018 if I could actually use the phone as a daily driver.

So far I have been able to sideload Google Play (not all apps work, not compatible with this device) and found a few workarounds

it's a challenge for sure and having some fun along the way

does anyone have any hints or tips regarding BB10 or Passport?
    Great device . I like the Passport and its productivity. I am having silver edition and black edition. I am using it sparingly these days . My daily driver is Motion at the moment.
    06-19-18 12:41 AM
    I switched from Passport to KEYone last week, and am finding the adjustment difficult. When I get home from work, I pick up my Passport and check my email. I'm going to need to watch tutorial videos for the KEYone. I miss my Passport, but got the new phone because I couldn't resolve a texting issue on the Passport.
    06-19-18 08:18 AM
    SE looks good naked. But dinks and scratches make it loo ugly over time. Black if maintained atleast with a little effort, feels and looks good to use than white and SE. Based on my 3 PP experience.
    This is partly why I passed on an SE. Drop it once and you can ruin it's looks. Same but not as extreme with ATT. But the black was built to be dropped. The corners are like bumpers -- the kind meant to be hit. Not the kind that are painted and get ruined when tapped.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-18 03:37 PM
    I switched from Passport to KEYone last week, and am finding the adjustment difficult. When I get home from work, I pick up my Passport and check my email. I'm going to need to watch tutorial videos for the KEYone. I miss my Passport, but got the new phone because I couldn't resolve a texting issue on the Passport.
    What was the texting issue? Not group texting?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-18 03:39 PM
    Hi Mark. I had to get on my Passport to reply because I couldn't figure out how on the K1. My texting issue on the passport was that I didn't get notifications or previews from certain contacts. The only way to see if these contacts had texted me was to start a new text to them. After a few days of this, it got worse with two contacts. I didn't receive their texts at all.

Today I've tried a lot harder to do things with the K1 and have failed on nearly everything. I can't locate my folder of work schedule screen shots. It took 50 tries to take a screen shot with the K1. I failed to understand how to program the convenience key to take a screen shot. I looked up how to use Notable to take a screen shot, and failed at that. I couldn't upload an avatar to CrackBerry, nor could I reply to your post despite being logged in. I can't figure out how to manage files either. I hate to admit that I hate it, but so far I really do. I do like the fingerprint reader, the battery life, and the fact that I can get the apps I need.
    06-19-18 04:15 PM
    Texting issue? I am using FB Messenger Lite (works great) WhatsApp via GooglePlay works ok but can't send photos

Getting Googleplay was easy enough with the CrackBerry forums (gave me all the info I needed)

I'm considering switching my KEYone to go Passport at least for a month
    06-19-18 04:33 PM
    Texting issue? I am using FB Messenger Lite (works great) WhatsApp via GooglePlay works ok but can't send photos

Getting Googleplay was easy enough with the CrackBerry forums (gave me all the info I needed)

I'm considering switching my KEYone to go Passport at least for a month
    Did you have Passport before KEYone or are you buying a new Passport after KEYone?
    06-19-18 04:36 PM
    The Silver Edition arrived today, BB10 is awesome, going to use the Passport as my daily driver

Twitter client I managed to find today on GooglePlay called
    TweetCaster works well

I am using FB Messenger Lite

WhatsApp for texts and receiving pics (unable to send, but that's ok)

I am loving that I have to find a workaround, sometimes in the process I am actually finding apps that I would not have bothered as I was happy with the one on my KEYone like Fenix 2 but TweetCaster looks so far to be a better if not similar than that
    Attached Thumbnails Why I purchased a Passport in 2018-20180619_223815-1587-.jpg  
    Poplet likes this.
    06-19-18 04:48 PM
    This is the best phone I ever had. Tops on quality of material, workmanship and an overall classy feel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Passports, Magazine.jpg 
Views:	739 
Size:	265.7 KB 
ID:	436994
    Clicked with my Red Passport
    Still using the white Passport daily?

any stand out apps you recommend, 2 weeks ago I didn't have one BB10 Device now I have 3

they are great phones and I can now see why BB10 and the passport in particular is a great device, I won't stop using my KEYone and may by the KEY2 in the future, but right now BB10 is where I want to be

I carry 2 phones a personal and a work phone, so I will always have BB10
    06-19-18 05:00 PM
    Hi Mark. I had to get on my Passport to reply because I couldn't figure out how on the K1. My texting issue on the passport was that I didn't get notifications or previews from certain contacts. The only way to see if these contacts had texted me was to start a new text to them. After a few days of this, it got worse with two contacts. I didn't receive their texts at all.
    That sounds really strange. Could it have been a carrier issue? Did you have the most recent version of BB10 installed?
    06-19-18 08:01 PM
35 12