06-16-15 05:27 PM
108 ... 345
tools
    I love my BlackBerry. But yes. The shot speed is slow. Even after changing settings and modes. The process to take a picture is slow. And a slight twitch while shooting will blur the shot.

How many generations of phones will we have to wait through to get a speedy efficient camera.

Wait wait wait.
    There will be an update update update.
    Software software wait wait.
    Wait. Wait. Wait.
    Wait.

What is this 3GB RAM for if my dang stupid IPHONE can blast everything smooth on 1GB.

When shooting video on 10.3 you can shot shots while recording. It is fast. Why not implement this speed into NORMAL camera mode shots..

Even after focus-lock, consecutive shots are so slow. And shots are not captured instantaneously with our pushes.

I think iphone camera mode is still video mode and it just takes SCREENSHOTS while recording...which is its secret to lightning, quick-response camera shooting speed.

BlackBerry love.
    Please "update" camera software soon.
    We'll "wait".
    BlackBerry love.
    Hurry.
    I'm dying.

Pasaporte Pilipino.
    10-22-14 11:00 AM
    In case people don't know.. you can long-press on the screen to lock focus on all BB10 camera apps since about 10.1.
    Focus will not re-adjust when locked. To unlock, tap elsewhere, or tap the lock icon.

Also, as always - software updates can address these performance issues.
    That works great!!
    10-22-14 11:10 AM
    Don't leave.

Pasaporte Pilipino.
    10-27-14 08:07 PM
    I actually have problems the physical hardware in my passport and you hear the camera clicking as it moves in and out trying to focus and won't focus at all.

Maybe faulty camera.

Posted via CB10
    I have the same problem, did you find a fix for it or is it time to ring for a replacement?

Many thanks
    06-16-15 08:44 AM
    I love my BlackBerry. But yes. The shot speed is slow. Even after changing settings and modes. The process to take a picture is slow. And a slight twitch while shooting will blur the shot.

How many generations of phones will we have to wait through to get a speedy efficient camera.

Wait wait wait.
    There will be an update update update.
    Software software wait wait.
    Wait. Wait. Wait.
    Wait.

What is this 3GB RAM for if my dang stupid IPHONE can blast everything smooth on 1GB.

When shooting video on 10.3 you can shot shots while recording. It is fast. Why not implement this speed into NORMAL camera mode shots..

Even after focus-lock, consecutive shots are so slow. And shots are not captured instantaneously with our pushes.

I think iphone camera mode is still video mode and it just takes SCREENSHOTS while recording...which is its secret to lightning, quick-response camera shooting speed.

BlackBerry love.
    Please "update" camera software soon.
    We'll "wait".
    BlackBerry love.
    Hurry.
    I'm dying.

Pasaporte Pilipino.
    As stated earlier by a bunch of people in here, update the software. That or you need to get yourself a standalone SLR camera then. My camera was doing the exact same thing yours is. Since upgrading to 10.3.2, my camera performs at nearly the same speed as my old 6+. Many people on here have done said upgrade and have reported better functioning cameras.

There is a time to sing and dance about your problems and a time to take action. At least try the update and observe the results. Still got a problem afterwards, you got a warranty. Use it.

-- Passport, Virgin Mobile (Toronto)
    06-16-15 10:20 AM
    10.3.2.680 camera is a SIGNIFICANT improvement.
    IMO, the best camera ever on a BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 10:37 AM
    I would try Camera ++ before getting rid of your Passport, I have Camera ++ on both my Q10 & Passport and use it before both phones stock camera.
    Camera ++ has tons of features and frequently updated.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    jdesignz likes this.
    06-16-15 11:51 AM
    You want a fast camera? And I mean really fast.
    Try LG G3 or the new LG G4.
    The laser focus is as quick as the Passports video recorder is.
    I have yet ran across any other camera that can start up and focus as quick as either one of those LG's.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 05:27 PM
108 ... 345