One of the reasons is that I love the screen size, when I do read on it the size cannot be beat. The phone just works. I did have a Priv, it was just not my cup of tea. Now the people in my company that kept using the Priv tell me its getting much better, but I think I will use my Passport until OS 10 gone, with Cobalts side-loading that will not be for a long time. Disclaimer long time in the life of electronics. When I want to do video or watch a flick I default to my I pad. Why not because my Passport can not handle the task, as it can. But because I like the bigger screen to watch. My Passport has saved me many times at work when I had to edit a document, the larger screen size and keyboard cannot be beat. I have large fingers and when I had a Q 10 it did not go well, so the Priv keyboard is a little hard. My people who came from Android love their Priv's, more because they are used to Android. In closing the BlackBerry you use is the best phone in the world for you, no need to degenerate others for being behind the times or worse. We who use BlackBerry..................Android..........OS 10............or older........are just different by design!

WOOF!
    05-16-16 06:49 PM
    One of the reasons is that I love the screen size, when I do read on it the size cannot be beat. The phone just works. I did have a Priv, it was just not my cup of tea. Now the people in my company that kept using the Priv tell me its getting much better, but I think I will use my Passport until OS 10 gone, with Cobalts side-loading that will not be for a long time. Disclaimer long time in the life of electronics. When I want to do video or watch a flick I default to my I pad. Why not because my Passport can not handle the task, as it can. But because I like the bigger screen to watch. My Passport has saved me many times at work when I had to edit a document, the larger screen size and keyboard cannot be beat. I have large fingers and when I had a Q 10 it did not go well, so the Priv keyboard is a little hard. My people who came from Android love their Priv's, more because they are used to Android. In closing the BlackBerry you use is the best phone in the world for you, no need to degenerate others for being behind the times or worse. We who use BlackBerry..................Android..........OS 10............or older........are just different by design!

WOOF!
    Still by far the best OS that never received app support. The passport is an awesome device!
    05-16-16 11:18 PM
    The passport is too "wide" for practical every day use. The issue that I've mainly encountered is trying to juggle the passport in one hand while multi- tasking with the other. It's extremely difficult to balance the phone with one hand and what kills it for me is trying to reach the keys on the left "qweasdzxc" - nearly impossible unless you use both hands. I guess if you mainly use it in the office then you can get away with it but the rest of us are "on the go" and cannot afford to lose productivity by having to stop to use both hands.

I've resorted to the classic. It's smaller, less wide but take the sacrifice in screen size and processing power because when it comes down to it, blackberry doesn't really need all that jazz due to the lack of useful applications. Some might argue and defend android apps but that within itself also opens up a can of new worms and issues (dramatically drains battery life, apps not capable of being loaded, unable to update unless cobalt releases new patches, etc).

Like you have stated, why bother using the passport when you could use a tablet, or ipad?

Blackberry then came out with the priv- less wider. Apple decided to come out with the iphone 5se- less wider, is it any wonder why phones are evolving to to accommodate this less-wider theory?

For me, the simplicity of being able to reach into my pocket, taking out my classic, and using one hand to shoot out a text or email is priceless. With the passport, I have to worry about it bulging out of my pocket and worrying if it will fit into my next pair of jeans.
    I love blackberry, but the passport can be very cumbersome.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by B Louang; 05-18-16 at 11:53 AM.
    05-18-16 11:32 AM
    Still by far the best OS that never received app support. The passport is an awesome device!
    Very true .
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-07-16 01:26 AM
    The passport is too "wide" for practical every day use. The issue that I've mainly encountered is trying to juggle the passport in one hand while multi- tasking with the other. It's extremely difficult to balance the phone with one hand and what kills it for me is trying to reach the keys on the left "qweasdzxc" - nearly impossible unless you use both hands. I guess if you mainly use it in the office then you can get away with it but the rest of us are "on the go" and cannot afford to lose productivity by having to stop to use both hands.

Posted via CB10
    You always complain about the Passport whenever you get a chance, don't you?

It's not too wide for practical everyday use.

No one looks at a phone like the Passport and thinks it's going to be great for one-handed use. I have a Classic too, and I can type slightly better with one hand thanks to predictive words on the screen, but it's not like it's a whole lot better.

And I'm sure people are "on the go," but how busy is someone that they're walking all over some place with a bunch of stuff in their hands that they *need* to type a lengthy email with one hand?

Posted via CB10
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    08-07-16 02:14 AM
    I gave up my iPhone after using blackberry passport for a week. I am not after apps and games. What ever blackberry offers, it address all my needs. Excellent master piece. The screen, keyboard, battery life. Just love it. Before I was a wall hugger with iPhone. Now I charge my phone once a day. I hardly finish 50% battery.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-07-16 02:15 AM
    I gave up my iPhone after using blackberry passport for a week. I am not after apps and games. What ever blackberry offers, it address all my needs. Excellent master piece. The screen, keyboard, battery life. Just love it. Before I was a wall hugger with iPhone. Now I charge my phone once a day. I hardly finish 50% battery.

Posted via CB10
    The only time my Passport has died is after at least two days, where I let it die just to see it happen. Other than that, I've has one Passport or another for almost two years now and I've never managed to truly have the battery die.

Posted via CB10
    raam4u likes this.
    08-07-16 02:38 PM

I've resorted to the classic. It's smaller, less wide but take the sacrifice in screen size and processing power because when it comes down to it, blackberry doesn't really need all that jazz due to the lack of useful applications. Some might argue and defend android apps but that within itself also opens up a can of new worms and issues (dramatically drains battery life, apps not capable of being loaded, unable to update unless cobalt releases new patches, etc).

Like you have stated, why bother using the passport when you could use a tablet, or ipad?

Blackberry then came out with the priv- less wider. Apple decided to come out with the iphone 5se- less wider, is it any wonder why phones are evolving to to accommodate this less-wider theory?

For me, the simplicity of being able to reach into my pocket, taking out my classic, and using one hand to shoot out a text or email is priceless. With the passport, I have to worry about it bulging out of my pocket and worrying if it will fit into my next pair of jeans.
    I love blackberry, but the passport can be very cumbersome.

Posted via CB10
    I have a passport since couple of weeks now. The first day, I was not sure to like the form factor. But, you have to keep in mind that the passport is in the same family that the galaxy note or iphone plus, a big phone. Until you,re ok with that, the Passport is simply the best phone. It fits into my pocket, I bring it everwhere I go without any problems. The screen is beautiful, its great the surf on the web,look pictures or documents. The battery is a killer feature. I can use it 2 days, you can go a weekend and doesnt matter if you have a charger or not.
    BBeast likes this.
    08-08-16 05:03 PM
    Gotta disagree with you. Passport is way better to pack around than my old Galaxy S3, it's wider but not as tall, which allows it to fit into my front jean's pocket with ease. It did seem unnaturally large at first, but give it a week and everything else feels too skinny

Posted via CB10
    raam4u likes this.
    08-11-16 12:23 AM
    Gotta disagree with you. Passport is way better to pack around than my old Galaxy S3, it's wider but not as tall, which allows it to fit into my front jean's pocket with ease. It did seem unnaturally large at first, but give it a week and everything else feels too skinny

Posted via CB10
    Agree. I can't believe men without purses carry around those big Samsung or the Priv(vy). They are too long to fit in your front pocket.

I can type with one hand if I need to. It's not great, but I can do it.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 12:36 AM
    Posted via CB10
    That is exactly the point. Before I got my Passport, I was carrying around a Kindle for books and a Playbook for audio/video as well as my Bold. Now I just carry the Passport. Sure, it is not as nice on-the-go as a 9900, but that is a fair tradeoff for me. And it just feels so great in your hands (plural).
    08-12-16 10:54 AM