Hi. I am receiving the following error while trying to connect to my blackberry passport hotspot: "Can't connect to this network".
    I am trying to connect from a lenovo yoga book (like this one https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/AAZLlLCOjqNra0bpZi_g1gPAmoU=/830x467/2016/10/13/8a45474a-9a24-4935-a2da-05bc5b010830/lenovo-yoga-book-windows-07.jpg).
    I tried:
    1. Reseting the network adapter (both through cmd with "netsh winsock reset", and from setting -> network -> network reset);
    2. Restarting the laptop and the black berry passport phone;
    3. Updating the laptop's drivers;
    4. Uninstalling and reinstalling the laptop drivers etc..

I can connect to other hotspots (made through android) and other Wi-Fi networks.
    I have enabled mobile data on the phone.

What is odd is that from certain laptops I can connect to the hotspot (example: a Dell E5550 Laptop).

Is anyone else experiencing this or similar issues?
    Any toughts on how to remediate the situation?
    The operating system on the Lenovo Yoga Book is Windows 10.

If further information is needed please announce me.

Thank you in advance!
    07-28-17 08:33 AM
    Have you tried tethering or bluetooth? If you have trouble try an app in Blackberry called (EasyTether Pro)
    08-02-17 09:15 AM
    Your not alone. I have had some phones and tablets connect no problem and others would not. I have to use bluetooth tethering in those cases. It may be a bit slower perhaps but it works
    08-10-17 07:20 PM
    Your not alone. I have had some phones and tablets connect no problem and others would not. I have to use bluetooth tethering in those cases. It may be a bit slower perhaps but it works
    Does this carry the charges of old that tethering brought along with it? (btw my hotspot works fine thankfully)

Posted via CB10
    08-11-17 12:55 AM
    Does this carry the charges of old that tethering brought along with it? (btw my hotspot works fine thankfully)

Posted via CB10
    Charges of old? Not sure what your referring too. Could you elaborate a little?
    08-11-17 07:05 AM
    Charges of old? Not sure what your referring too. Could you elaborate a little?
    Tethering was open to charges depending on the network operator. I remember years ago on an old phone getting charged extra to do it.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-17 11:53 AM
    Tethering was open to charges depending on the network operator. I remember years ago on an old phone getting charged extra to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Ah I see. You must reside in the United States? Here in Canada we haven't been subject to those practices since they already charge an arm and a leg for cellular. I can tether all I like.
    08-11-17 11:56 AM