Here's the thing! Why hasn't captain Chen commented or anybody else for that matter comment? The whole logistical process since launch day was an atrocious gong show!!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 10-07-14 at 05:58 AM.
    Matt Bee likes this.
    10-06-14 09:39 PM
    Because they have more "coming soon"
    10-06-14 09:41 PM
    ?
    Over 200000 people have their passport, during the earnings call it has been mentioned that new supply is coming and it should be OK by the end of October.
    If you understand logistics, then you should know that this is a very fast remediation for being truly sold out.

Sold out means just that: No stock available, we are producing.
    I doubt that the estimate was 500000 units sold in one month...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-06-14 09:43 PM
    Do you expect JC to apologize for not anticipating the demand for the Passport? The company did not plan for the device to be in as high a demand as it is. They're working to fill the backorders and get more units out. If you didn't get in on the ground floor, keep an eye out. They're coming.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    thymaster and alternator77 like this.
    10-06-14 11:13 PM
    no wonder BB is going down the drain: new product, high demand and they are not able/willing to address the shortage. End Oct already and no sign of improving.
    10-26-14 10:29 PM
    no wonder BB is going down the drain: new product, high demand and they are not able/willing to address the shortage. End Oct already and no sign of improving.
    Please show evidence that Blackberry is not addressing the situation. Do you know if the plant is manufacturing new devices? If that is the case, please show us.

OR

Do you think that smartphone parts like screens, circuit boards, etc are make up out of thin air like you allegations?
    Last edited by Bluenoser63; 10-27-14 at 07:53 AM.
    ezapper2 and thymaster like this.
    10-26-14 10:34 PM
    I may be uneducated on the subject, but doesn't apple have worse stocking of their iPhones despite knowing with near certainty that there will be a huge demand?

Posted via CB10
    ezapper2 and thymaster like this.
    10-26-14 10:36 PM
    John Chen explained why he'd rather have underestimated than overestimated the demand (during the Q and A near the end of the video).

http://blackberryclubs.com/2014/10/2...of-simplicity/

Zoom Zoom Z30
    ezapper2 and southlander like this.
    10-26-14 10:51 PM
    Didn't Chen say that he was happy there was a shortage? That's a comment.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    thymaster likes this.
    10-26-14 10:52 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    It's clear they (blackberry) can't produce the Passport quick enough to meet significant demand Worldwide for their flagship product....

Buyers are very pleased on average with their purchase and it appears scalpers are too...

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 10:55 PM
    It's clear they (blackberry) can't produce the Passport quick enough to meet significant demand Worldwide for their flagship product....

Buyers are very pleased on average with their purchase and it appears scalpers are too...
    I find it refreshing that a BlackBerry device is exceeding expectation for once. I just hope that they don't side-line touch just because this PKB device is succeeding well.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    southlander likes this.
    10-26-14 11:00 PM
    I think there are smart people at Blackberry making the production and logistics decisions. I am sure they are working within their limits and many factors that we consumers just don't understand unless we work for Blackberry.

Having said that, its easy to give out solutions and blaming Blackberry. If you want to REALLY change Blackberry, get your resume and send to Blackberry.

- Charles
    10-27-14 01:25 AM
    You can't blame Chen and company for being just a little bit cautious remember the whole Z10 write down fiasco?

Z30 and loving it on 10.3.0.1418!
    southlander and jakie55 like this.
    10-27-14 01:47 AM
    Not meeting demand is creating a lot of buzz. At least I can tell people in honesty it's sold out everywhere because it's one of the hottest selling phone on the market.
    10-27-14 03:50 AM
    Are you the production manager at BB?
    If so, I would fire you for being unable to address the high demand for the device; end Oct already and still not available.
    BB is not Apple, look at their current market share.

Please show evidence that Blackberry is not addressing the situation. Do you know if the plant is manufacturing new devices? If that is the case, please show us.

OR

Do you think that smartphone parts like screens, circuit boards, etc are make up out of thin air like you allegations?
    10-29-14 05:07 PM