Hi there,
    2 weeks ago i bought a Passport Leather Flip Case for my wife.
    It has an adhesive tape on the back so you can stick the back of your phone there.
    It worked perfectly till today that i had to change the case with a new one.
    When i tried to re-stick it on my passport...pffff, nothing happened.
    it's like there is no more glue.
    Is there something that i do wrong or there is a problem with the tape??

Thanks in advance!
    12-15-14 02:59 PM
    Probably meant to be a "non-sticky removal" so it only works once?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 03:01 PM
    I thought I read somewhere that I can re-stick it many times.
    I don't find logical to be one time use.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 03:25 PM
    I thought I've read a number of roughly 2000 times for applying the case to the phone. So it should still work!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 03:32 PM
    I've removed my phone from the case about 20 times so far and it seems just as sticky as it ever was. I thought there was something about refreshing the adhesive but cannot recall what I read. This may sound silly, but did you remove the plastic film from the phone before you put it in the case? The film could be stuck to the adhesive causing the problem. I helped someone with her iPhone last year because flash photos weren't working well on her device. Turns out when she bought the phone, the salesperson put the case on without removing the shipping plastic from the back of the phone and it caused the flash to wash out her pictures. She had this problem for months.
    disneynorth likes this.
    12-15-14 03:55 PM
    maybe licking the back of the case will help to re energize the adhesive!
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    12-15-14 04:01 PM
    No, I've removed everything. The phone is clean! Do I have to heat it up?? I don't know what to do !

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 04:01 PM
    Try wiping the adhesive with a wet cloth.
    ifraser likes this.
    12-15-14 04:13 PM
    I'll try!!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 04:14 PM
    The adhesive is similar to what's found on a TENS machine pad. A light dabbing with a wet cloth should refresh the adhesive

Posted via CB10
    WArcher likes this.
    12-15-14 04:56 PM
    After I dubbed it with a wet cloth, it works much better !! Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 06:38 PM
    Yea you purchased that crappy overpriced blackberry case. sticky tape lol really.
    12-15-14 07:13 PM
    After I dubbed it with a wet cloth, it works much better !! Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Much better or it works fine again?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 09:12 PM
    After 8 hours I can tell you that it works perfectly. Probably I've bought a problematic one. The point is that on the box it says nothing about how you can use it again.
    So for the next one who's going to have the same problem : make the sticky area wet, leave it for 30 seconds, stick your phone and left for a few minutes under pressure.....or hours :-)

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 02:55 AM
    I have a car mount which uses the same type of polymer to hold the phone. Over time it gathers dust which stops it holding and a wipe with a wet cloth cleans the dust off and it's good to go again. Would be interesting if someone on here is an industrial plastics chemist and could say what it is and how it works

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 06:47 AM
    This is why I am so hesitant to getting one of the flip cases with adhesive. There are so many environmental factors at play to affect the longevity of the adhesive.

Posted on my BlackBerry Passport
    12-16-14 09:21 PM
    Using an adhesive surface to attach a phone to a protective is just a bad idea if u ask me...

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 10:06 PM
    The way those sticky thingy works is that it's sticky! So it sticks after everything.... including dust. Now imagine after removing it a few times, dust will collect on it. Once it's covered with dust, you're basically just trying to stick your passport on dust!

So usually what you need to do is to rinse it with running water, let it air dry and it will be sticky again!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 10:19 PM
    2 days passed and everything is like before.
    Thanks all of you for the comments.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 04:30 PM
    Just got the flip case and its soooo nice!!

But no matter how I position it the case never closes properly. It leaves a gap between the sensor allowing the phone to stay on

Anyone have this issue or is it just my case?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 08:43 PM
    The leather takes a long time, weeks to wear in. Place phone face down for 30 minutes or so at first. That is what works for me

Passport or Z10, whichever is nearest
    ezapper2 likes this.
    12-25-14 01:56 AM
    The leather takes a long time, weeks to wear in. Place phone face down for 30 minutes or so at first. That is what works for me

Passport or Z10, whichever is nearest
    Thanks. Kinda figured but wanted to make sure I wasn't alone here.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 11:14 AM
    Thanks. Kinda figured but wanted to make sure I wasn't alone here.

Posted via CB10
    Case is fantastic, had the same issue but after about a week the leather somehow become soft and flip cover stayed closed with no effort.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    ezapper2 likes this.
    12-25-14 11:57 AM
    Case is fantastic, had the same issue but after about a week the leather somehow become soft and flip cover stayed closed with no effort.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    I must say though this case makes the passport look very sleek! Doesn't seem at big for some reason

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 10:36 PM
    I'd like to add that I too had the official BlackBerry case, I could never get the thing to close fully, even after a months use. I was also worried about the integrity of the sticky pad.
    I eventually replaced it with one of these and never looked back.
    The case clips into position, the leather is fantastic quality and the front flap closes with no issues. It too also uses the sleep magnet to switch off the screen. There is a thread about this case somewhere, just do a search using the brand name, StilGut. Hope this helps. Happy holidays everyone.

http://www.amazon.com/StilGut%25C2%2...UvbUpU11196877

Posted using my FAB Passport. Loving it!
    12-26-14 02:41 AM
29 12