I currently use a BlackBerry Passport and for some reason, I can't get notifications from one of my contacts every time this person sends me a text. My friends and I were doing some testing the other night using 3 different devices and I was able to get text messages from the other 2 except the one I don't get messages from. This particular contact doesn't even show on the text history screen or the hub screen but if I go to the contact icon, search for their name and click on the text globe, the whole text history shows up and that's when I can see if they had previously text me or not.
    This is very frustrating because this is a co-worker of mine and some of the texts are vital to our business. I already try to reset the phone, erased facebook, erased the actual contact and added it again. I am to the point I need to do a WIPE to the entire phone and reset it to factory setting but I don't want to do that after 4 months owning my device collecting all kinds of stuff already.
    Anybody has a solution to this!!?
    I had the smart features on where if you flip your phone, it will turn on etc. So I was thinking maybe during a moment when I had the phone in my pocket, I erased, edited or did something and never realized. That feature is off after finding my phone always calling, searching or doing something every time a pulled it out of my pants!!! UGHH
    02-04-15 11:16 AM
    Are you coming from an iphone?

Posted via J's Blackberry passport
    02-04-15 12:24 PM
    As I was having a similar issue once I switched to passport as imessage and apple will think you're still using their service. I had to contact apple to remove my number from their servers so I could receive my text messages.

Posted via J's Blackberry passport
    02-04-15 12:28 PM
    If the issue isn't related to iMessage, then try deleting that contact completely, including all of the linked contacts, then re-add.

The contacts management is a piece of garbage, and that can sometimes happen.
    02-04-15 12:34 PM
    No I never had iPhone. And I know what you are talking about when you say the iMessage. That could be removed if you turn off the Wi-Fi or go to settings on your iPhone and turn off that feature. But not this is completely different. My friend has an android phone and I used to get her text messages right on point but then something suddenly change and I can't know when I received a text from her unless I go to contacts and tap on the message yellow globe. Then messages show up on there unread.
    02-04-15 12:40 PM
    If the issue isn't related to iMessage, then try deleting that contact completely, including all of the linked contacts, then re-add.

The contacts management is a piece of garbage, and that can sometimes happen.
    Thank you man, but I did that too already, like I said I even erased my facebook and all other apps where my friend had links as a point of contact and restarted the phone, added the contact manually and nothing, still no notification rings or anything. It seems like the phone learned not to notify me about that contact name. Her info doesn't even show up on the text history screen.
    02-04-15 12:42 PM
    I have a similar but even bigger problem. After my passport is updated to 10.3.1.xxxx where xxxx is the release prior to 1779, I don't receive email from one frequent contact nor any Facebook notifications.
    Anyone has the same issue here? Any solution?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 09:16 AM
    Thank you man, but I did that too already, like I said I even erased my facebook and all other apps where my friend had links as a point of contact and restarted the phone, added the contact manually and nothing, still no notification rings or anything. It seems like the phone learned not to notify me about that contact name. Her info doesn't even show up on the text history screen.
    Try contact notification under setting -> notification -> contact notification

Why don't I receive text notifications on certain contacts?-img_20150325_225218.png

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 09:53 AM
    I have had a similar issue but with a Q10 (10.3.2.2474).

There is something wrong with the text chat with the contact I chat with most often.
    • I do not get notified when I get a new text message from the contact
    • The chat does not appear in either the hub or under text messages
    • I can find the chat by composing a new text message and entering the contact's name (this is the only way I can find new messages)
    • The chat history does show up under texts if I have a draft text message composed (though I still don't get notified of new messages)
    • Clear Chat and Name Chat are disabled
    • End Chat is enabled but it doesn't actually delete the chat
    • I can delete individual messages
    • I have tried deleting and re-adding the contact but the chat history is still there (and I still don't get notified of new messages)
    • The contact isn't linked to anything (e.g. Facebook)
    • I don't have any custom notification settings for this contact
    • The contact uses an iPhone, if that makes a difference.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    11-09-15 02:24 PM
    I suggest making a specific contact notification as per the method Boy Tanggol has offered

I use this to get notifications 24/7 from family and my closest friends

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:29 AM
    I suggest making a specific contact notification as per the method Boy Tanggol has offered

I use this to get notifications 24/7 from family and my closest friends

Posted via CB10
    I added a specific contact notification (for text messages) but still no notification
    11-10-15 10:55 AM
    I have similar problem recently. Does anyone have a solution short of factory reset the phone? Will factory reset work?
    01-10-16 06:51 PM
    I had a similar problem with one of my contacts. Everyone's text message would appear except for this one guy. After a few restarts, he returned to the screen. I hope you solved this problem.
    01-11-16 11:03 AM
    Hello,
    I also have a problem with one contact not showing? All the above steps taken, Any solution beyond wipe? Is this a Z10 problem?
    03-11-16 12:45 PM
    So I understand this is a blackberry problem that a lot of people have a problem with. The Priv apparently has this problem as well. One development. When I use blackberry blend the contact notifies me on my hub. How weird is that. So if anyone has a solve for this I would be greatful.
    04-07-16 12:19 PM
    So I understand this is a blackberry problem that a lot of people have a problem with. The Priv apparently has this problem as well. One development. When I use blackberry blend the contact notifies me on my hub. How weird is that. So if anyone has a solve for this I would be greatful.
    Any fix on this yet? I have a Z30, this issue started Saturday when I tried deleting a chat history. It was a long history causing issues with sending/receiving texts. I deleted but it never fully deleted. When I composed a new text to that number the old history re appears. Did a full wipe last night, restored the back up,still can't receive text notification from that contact. History still reappears when composing to that number. We've deleted all contact info on both devices, tried texting to the number still nothing. I'm on Rogers they are saying a software issue as the text messages are being received, however there is no notification. They say to wipe again and don't restore text messages and contacts. That's not really an option as I need those text messages, contacts I can load from Gmail.
    04-12-16 07:47 PM
    Ok here is what worked for me. (still cant believe I had to figure this out and that no one has a clear solution)
    Ended Chat, Deleted any and all text messages with the contact thats not showing notifications.
    Repeated the first step above to make sure there was ZERO texts from my wife.
    Deleted her contact, and any deleted/Unlinked any profiles (facebook etc). I did all this from the contacts menu after clicking onto her contact name specifically.
    I then even had to go onto my Outlook where all of contacts are backed up, and deleted her contact info there.
    I then restarted the phone.
    Then once it was back on, I took out the Sim card. Make sure the phone is on.
    Then I turned off the phone.
    Put back in the SIM card
    And Turned back on the phone. THEN IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that sucks to have to do all of that, but I was at my breaking point. I was even about to buy another brand!
    04-15-16 07:48 PM
    Hello, I had this issue for a while and only info I found was to update Blackberry OS... I was already updated.

SOLUTION:
    Backup phone with Link
    Factory Reset
    Restore Phone

worked.
    otaku2 and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    08-02-16 10:26 AM
    Hello, I had this issue for a while and only info I found was to update Blackberry OS... I was already updated.

SOLUTION:
    Backup phone with Link
    Factory Reset
    Restore Phone

worked.
    Same here.
    08-04-16 07:21 AM
    I have had a similar issue but with a Q10 (10.3.2.2474).

There is something wrong with the text chat with the contact I chat with most often.
    • I do not get notified when I get a new text message from the contact
    • The chat does not appear in either the hub or under text messages
    • I can find the chat by composing a new text message and entering the contact's name (this is the only way I can find new messages)
    • The chat history does show up under texts if I have a draft text message composed (though I still don't get notified of new messages)
    • Clear Chat and Name Chat are disabled
    • End Chat is enabled but it doesn't actually delete the chat
    • I can delete individual messages
    • I have tried deleting and re-adding the contact but the chat history is still there (and I still don't get notified of new messages)
    • The contact isn't linked to anything (e.g. Facebook)
    • I don't have any custom notification settings for this contact
    • The contact uses an iPhone, if that makes a difference.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Same issue here. Q10 an have tried many things
    08-07-16 11:27 AM
    I tried the aforementioned solutions posted on this thread and had no luck. I had the same problem as you, but on my Passport. the particular contact that would not show notifications was my wife, who i communicate with via text message, everyday. I tried to delete her profile and re-add her again but it would still show the previous history of our messages. Thousands of messages.

This is what worked for me, and it was much simpler: in the text thread with that particular contact, click on the drop down menu on the bottom right corner. Then select END CHAT. Apparently, this frees up memory on the phone. My phone is much more snappier, as well.
    Bonus: Blend doesn't lag as much, anymore
    08-14-16 06:07 AM
    I have a similar issue on my Priv, but only with BBM. For some reason, I don't get BBM notifications from one particular contact. This contact came from an iPhone back to her Z10. When she went from her iPhone (she broke it) back to her Z10, she shouldn't get SMS messages from her daughter (who was on an iPhone).

Apparently it had something to do with Apple ID and not "logging out" so the delivery was getting confused. Honestly, I don't know how true this is technically, but getting rid of her Apple ID seems to have solved the problem. But I still don't get BBM messages just from her (and only intermittently). Seems like a big mess.
    08-14-16 08:32 AM
    I have have the same problem on my Classic! have done ALL the above, but every time I click on the contact to compose all texts reappear! I am so frustrated after hours of deleting texts to have them reappear again and again!!!!
    Mine began with a yellow/green light appearing and phone went dead. Had to wait a few minutes before I could turn it back on. Then out of the blue I received an email from BB support for an issue 5 months ago that I received way back then!
    Have also tried to back up so I could wipe the phone...well Link doesn't work any more!!!! Have deleted Itunes and all Apple (I have a pc) and deleted/reloaded Link. Takes forever to connect to my phone even though on the side bar it says it is connected. I don't get the messages "don't run off your phone" either. Then go to back up and after about 15 minutes, it says "back up could not be completed, be sure your phone is connected to Link and try again." For Pete's sake! I am plugged in, the photos from my phone all are saved to my computer and Link says a time for last back up for today. But there are no backup in my file folder! FRUSTRATED and TRULY want a solution!
    04-30-17 12:07 PM
    I had this problem and believe I found a solution.

I have a passport with the blackberry 10 OS. I suddenly stopped receiving notifications from my wife's text messages, and could only see them if I searched for her name under the text messages app. I deleted our entire text message chain, and deleted her contact, but the problem persisted. I then deleted our new text message chain (which now only had a few texts back and forth due to this problem) and then also deleted the largest text message chain I was apart of, one that did not contain her as a contact. I then turned off the phone, and removed the sim card and SD card. I put the cards back in and turned the phone back on. The large text message chain just deleted was somehow still visible, but then disappeared after a minute or two. Then I got my wife to text me and her contact/text was now visible in the app. I no longer needed to search for her texts. It sounds like this might be a RAM issue (or the smartphone equivalent)? I think deleting that big text chain helped somehow. Either way it's working for me again. Hope this helps.
    04-25-18 02:02 PM